My PinePhone won't start. I am giving it away if you want to try and fix
Big Grin 
Hi,
I got my PinePhone a few weeks ago. It worked great for a few hours. I tried changing the OS and all of a sudden, it won't start. I tried doing some of things people mentioned in the forum but it didn't work for me. Now it's just sitting on my desk. 

If you want to try to fix and play with it, let me know. I can ship it to you, for only shipping. PM/DM me. Thanks/MS
(03-02-2020, 11:58 AM)mswaleh Wrote: Hi,
I got my PinePhone a few weeks ago. It worked great for a few hours. I tried changing the OS and all of a sudden, it won't start. I tried doing some of things people mentioned in the forum but it didn't work for me. Now it's just sitting on my desk. 

If you want to try to fix and play with it, let me know. I can ship it to you, for only shipping. PM/DM me. Thanks/MS

Ill take it off you, I tried to send you a PM , but seems like your Private Messages are disabled ?

(03-02-2020, 02:15 PM)IotDevsCanada Wrote:

Ill take it off you, I tried to send you a PM , but seems like your Private Messages are disabled ?

PM me when you get a chance pls.

Connect to it via serial console. Any USB to 3.3V TTL converter that uses RS-232 for serial communication transmission and adapts to a 3.5mm audio jack will do. From there you should be able to see what the issue is. For an idea on how to connect your computer to a serial console see me post about my experience connecting with a serial console: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9516.

Post back and let us know what you find out after attempting to boot while connected to the serial console.

Also, remember that the PinePhone will boot both from eMMC and SD. Don't give up so easily, I am sure you can revive your PinePhone.

Cheers!

dustfinger

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone is not a daily driver FOSSagent0 13 993 3 minutes ago
Last Post: ragreenburg
  Pinephone app development drgr33n 23 2,729 36 minutes ago
Last Post: ragreenburg
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 90 13,040 7 hours ago
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  New PinePhone user dachalife 4 217 Yesterday, 12:01 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Manjaro Edition Pinephone for sale mstevens 4 159 09-14-2021, 11:30 AM
Last Post: idc
  UPDATED (June 2021): 17-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant) megous 161 111,133 09-11-2021, 10:57 PM
Last Post: ryo
Heart What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? kern707 82 15,080 09-09-2021, 12:32 PM
Last Post: user641
  Pinephone won't let me enter password czgunner 5 245 09-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Pinephone shipping to UK nb8550 2 120 09-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: jms429
  PinePhone quickly crashes unless plugged to power gab 8 687 09-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Last Post: gab