BraveHeart back case cracking
Mine is now cracked also...  Constant SD swapping probably the culprit...
Thanks for that link, Visiblink !
The converter when applied to the file in question produces an 85k .stl file that my slicer accepts, but the object is not a case back for a phone, in fact it is nothing I can easily describe. dimensions 2mm x 2mm x 45mm. Tried printing it anyway, (only takes a couple minutes) same thing, a what-is-it is produced. Repeated the whole process, download-conversion-slice-print a few times with same results.

That I am screwing up some vital step in the process is not impossible, but at this point I am baffled, but not to the point of giving up.

Thoughts anyone ?
Until I am ready to run the Pinephone on a permanent software installation, I decided to leave the back cover off and use an alternative solution.

I am very pleased with my Samsung Note S8+ phone cover. It fits the phone exactly. I had to make a cutout for the camera and headphone jack, but the big existing cutout for the Samsung camera actually provides good cooling for the modem. It could even give me access to the pogo pins, should I find a use for them.

The cover is sturdy enough to slip the phone into a pocket and carry around with me.

.jpg   DSCN3978.JPG (Size: 52.6 KB / Downloads: 447)

.jpg   DSCN3979.JPG (Size: 58.69 KB / Downloads: 429)
A quick update, in case anyone is still following this thread:

- figured out what the .stp mystery file was ... it's the side buttons for the case !

- Thingiverse now has 3 posted PinePhone cases, just search pinephone on their site.   One of them is printing as I type, I will update as things progress.

- my case back is still okay, I am printing one that I can drill a hole in to reach the reset button.
(05-14-2020, 11:06 AM)wi_badger Wrote: A quick update, in case anyone is still following this thread:

- figured out what the .stp mystery file was ... it's the side buttons for the case !

- Thingiverse now has 3 posted PinePhone cases, just search pinephone on their site.   One of them is printing as I type, I will update as things progress.

- my case back is still okay, I am printing one that I can drill a hole in to reach the reset button.

how about a hole for the sdcard ,as it will go in and out with the battery in place,then unless you install/remove a sim card,the back stays on a lot more ,and or the pineloader multiboot, will reduce ,removing the back cover even more.
A hairline crack has finally appeared on my back case. Surprised it lasted this long but the middle of the rh side edge was taking the brunt of opening stress. Were the replacement back covers strengthened in the end?

Edit: Received a new back cover and it seems exactly the same as the original. Since I'm still swapping the sd card a lot, I'll keep using the original until it completely falls apart.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporary fix for Modem Not Coming Back on in SXMO Postmarketos Pinephone kebab 2 2,065 07-16-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: kebab
  reset button under back cover, below the camera mruser1 2 1,012 01-02-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: wibble
  WIRELESS CHARGING ADD-ON CASE Fred Zyphal 4 2,536 08-28-2022, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Mobile case wanted - with wireless charging! thorensjubilee 4 2,851 03-19-2022, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vap0rtranz
Photo Makeshift Pinephone Case kmsgli 0 964 02-27-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: kmsgli
  Selling PinePhone Pro (PPP) with Keyboard Case. almost unused !! ZX Spectrum 3 2,729 02-24-2022, 08:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Pinephone braveheart (+ Pinebook Pro) for sale (UK, London) chaoskampf 2 1,863 02-14-2022, 06:42 AM
Last Post: chaoskampf
  Braveheart wrote blank sd to eMMC soy 1 2,309 06-18-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: TfromTexas
  Braveheart PinePhone Mainboard Upgrade bridadan 1 2,388 11-26-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: LazLong
Thumbs Up Just arrived: the soft clear PinePhone protective case from pine64 kern707 1 2,406 11-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton