Manjaro 20.02 KDE issues....
Anybody do a clean install of Manjaro 20.02 KDE  to EMMC yet (Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-pbpro-20.02-emmc-installer)?   I have tried it now a couple times (each with fresh download and SD re-image) to my PBpro (ISO verison) w/128GB EMMC and it installs fine, but trying to launch certain apps like the updater from the tool bar or right click to configure desktop causes a plasma crash or kicks me back to the login. I have also had the screen lock up on me if sitting unattended for awhile at the login...mouse works but does not wake up (not blank screen, just frozen login screen (clock frozen at time locked up)).  Ran an update from the command line but I think it only updated one package (did not pay attention) and that did not resolve the issue.

Version 19.xx was working perfectly, going back to it tonight if I cannot get it sorted.  Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this...or if I am lucky Wink?  Might try XFCE for giggles....
Update:  XFCE build of 20.02 works just fine on my PineBook Pro...so it is just the Manjaro KDE build giving me issues.  If anybody else has 20.02 not displaying issue I reported above I would be interested to hear...
I can confirm both issue here to (pbpro w64GB eMMC install):
updater from the tool bar causes a plasma crash
right click to configure desktop causes a plasma crash

I see then in the tool bar the "Plasma - The KDE Crash Handler":
Code:
We are sorry, Plasma closed unexpectedly.

Details:
Executable: plasmashell PID: 1,492 Signal: Segmentation fault (11) Time: 2/26/20 07:43:40
crash dump attached to this post as I don't have and kde.org account to send crash report there.

Attached Files
.txt   plasmashell-20200226-074340.kcrash.txt (Size: 9.73 KB / Downloads: 313)
vrabac,

Thanks for doing that, posted over on Manjaro Arm Forum.
The crash dump would be a lot more useful with a debug build of Mesa.

For the mesa-arm-git PKGBUILD, you can just change '-D b_ndebug=true' to false.
@icecream95
Well I just installed Manjaro 20.02 KDE Plasma from that installer, did pacman -Syu (just mirror package got updated) and start using it. I don't have any build environment or x86_64 Hosts where I could setup build environment as written in wiki for contributing to manjaro arm to compile some packages with debug option.

I am wondering what tools would be needed to compile packages localy on PBPro? If like written on archlinux wiki for Arch User Repository is enough just to install base-devel package, get PKGBUILD file and start makepkgs ?
I was thinking Manjaro 20.02 KDE Plasma release already uses mesa 20.* version?

Code:
$ sudo pacman -U mesa-git-20.0.0_devel.120193.8f5a252d-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz
[sudo] password for salcinad:
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: mesa-git and mesa are in conflict. Remove mesa? [y/N] y

Package (2)  Old Version  New Version                     Net Change

mesa         19.3.4-2                                     -50.94 MiB
mesa-git                  20.0.0_devel.120193.8f5a252d-1   51.88 MiB

Total Installed Size:  51.88 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.95 MiB

someone know where I can find current in use mesa PKGBUILD file? I found mesa-git release here, but as seen above it is another version then installed

anyhow both issue reported here are working with mesa-git packages in version posted above.

I've noticed KDE completely locking up a couple different times and requiring a restart. Not sure why.
I've been running Manjaro KDE off of SDCard since I first got my PinebookPro, have kept it up to date (currently at 20.02) and haven't had any issues at all. In fact, it's been one of the most stable and speedy distros I've tried out -- even from the SDCard.

I was thinking about finally committing it to eMMC and ran across this post. Just wanted to ask if any of you who are having issues also have this when running from SDCard, or is it just eMMC?

Edit: I went ahead and applied the 20.0.2 eMMC KDE build to test it out for a bit and didn't have any issues launching and no crashes to speak of. The only issue I did have was that I couldn't boot non-Manjaro distros off of the SD Card anymore, but I think this is a known issue. I'll check it out some more later, but my initial quick experience was okay.
(02-29-2020, 01:30 PM)kiddailey Wrote: I've been running Manjaro KDE off of SDCard since I first got my PinebookPro, have kept it up to date (currently at 20.02) and haven't had any issues at all.  In fact, it's been one of the most stable and speedy distros I've tried out -- even from the SDCard.

I was thinking about finally committing it to eMMC and ran across this post.  Just wanted to ask if any of you who are having issues also have this when running from SDCard, or is it just eMMC?

Edit: I went ahead and applied the 20.0.2 eMMC KDE build to test it out for a bit and didn't have any issues launching and no crashes to speak of.  The only issue I did have was that I couldn't boot non-Manjaro distros off of the SD Card anymore, but I think this is a known issue.  I'll check it out some more later, but my initial quick experience was okay.

You should at least have the errors here reported when you are on stable release, which are know to Manjaro developers as poster here. I don't use mSD with OS so cannot test anything there. Problems posted here are solved for me when using mesa-git.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 166 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,605 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 213 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,912 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 291 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,852 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez