No Android build working!
Hello,

i tried everything to get a working android version running on sd card.
All images from 8GB to 64Gb with Etcher, Pine64installer, rm flashing tool with the image and the terminal version from LearnLinuxTV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTyBI2PO4I0
won't working!

Only one thing worked! The 32GB Version with the terminal command "sudo dd if=image.img of=/dev/sdcard-path" will boot to the rockchip-screen. 
After this i can see in the left-bottom corner a code that loops everytime.

PS: I'm using the latest version of debian Stretch on the internal memory and with the new touchpad/keyboard update.

What can i do to get android to run?

Advice: It's very good that the images are without google services. fuck google with their data collection. And stop using gstatic on your website!
This is only booting Android image currently: http://files.pine64.org/os/PinebookPro/A...oot.img.gz

The subject of Google resources in use by the site has been addressed previously. Read some of the previous blog posts. To put it shortly, Google is providing the site with fonts, that's it.
(02-18-2020, 10:11 AM)tophneal Wrote: This is only booting Android image currently: http://files.pine64.org/os/PinebookPro/A...oot.img.gz

The subject of Google resources in use by the site has been addressed previously. Read some of the previous blog posts.  To put it shortly, Google is providing the site with fonts, that's it
But if i check on my noscript addon there is gstatic.com activated. could it be possible that they spying if your use the fonts form them? Change the fonts, purism isn't using them and there website looks greater Smile

How i should install the image on sd?
(02-18-2020, 10:40 AM)pin Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 10:11 AM)tophneal Wrote: This is only booting Android image currently: http://files.pine64.org/os/PinebookPro/A...oot.img.gz

The subject of Google resources in use by the site has been addressed previously. Read some of the previous blog posts.  To put it shortly, Google is providing the site with fonts, that's it
But if i check on my noscript addon there is gstatic.com activated. could it be possible that they spying if your use the fonts form them? Change the fonts, purism isn't using them and there website looks greater Smile

How i should install the image on sd?

I can't speak to those specifics, I'm just a volunteer moderator. From the last time it was discussed, Pine expressed acknowledgement of people's Google resource concerns, but stated what was and wasn't being used on the site from Google, and it's pretty slim.

dd the image or write it with Etcher. First boot can take about 5 minutes.
dd, etcher, pine64 installer, rm flash tool 1.57 won't work with this image too...
The boot black screen is longer but than normal OS form emmc starts.
(02-18-2020, 11:22 AM)pin Wrote: dd, etcher, pine64 installer, rm flash tool 1.57 won't work with this image too...

Same for me.
(02-27-2020, 04:30 PM)MathieuDSTP Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 11:22 AM)pin Wrote: dd, etcher, pine64 installer, rm flash tool 1.57 won't work with this image too...

Same for me.

Have you tried using another SD card. Sometimes the SD Card could be the issue.
Agreed. First boot from SD took about 2-3m, but every boot after is under 1m.
I tried with pine64 installer 2.0.0 beta 3 and etcher 1.5.80 to flash 3 different sdcards (samsung, kingstone and another unbranded) with Windows 10 Pro 1909 the following images:
PinebookPro_20190918_stock_android_7.1_sdboot.img.gz
PinebookPro_dd_20190918_stock_android_7.1_sdboot-8GB.img.gz
PinebookPro_dd_20190918_stock_android_7.1_sdboot-16GB.img.gz
PinebookPro_dd_20190918_stock_android_7.1_sdboot-32GB.img.gz

When powering on Pinebook Pro I just wait a couple of seconds more than usual then the default Debian OS start up. Strange is that if I reboot the Debian OS with the sdcard insered I see the rockchip log, then rockchip logo with kernel and then the android screen of erasing with the animated circle. I leaved it so for about 45mins but nothing happened.

Same sdcards can boot without any problems ChromeOS and other Pinebook Pros distros.

After that I tried the eMMC method "Stock for RK Flash tool [eMMC Boot] [20190807]"
downloaded the rockchip android tools 2.63, installed the rockchip drivers (DriverAssistant_v4.5.zip), jumped the eMMC, connected a usb-a to usb-c cable from pc to pinebook pro and started the tools. The tools show correctly "Found One Maskrom Device" but when I try to flash the "PinebookPro_20190807_stock_android_7.1_emmcboot.img" image it stop after few seconds with some IDB error. After that I cannot send any commands from the "advanced" tab and I have to unplug everything, keep down the power button for 10seconds or so then plug it again and power on Pinebook Pro.

Last try with the "Stock Android for DD method [eMMC Boot] [20190807]" was to boot from sdcard with debian OS and exec:
gzip -dc PinebookPro_dd_20190807_stock_android_7.1_emmcboot-64GB.img.gz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk1
It took a while (more than one hour, maybe I forgot the bs option) and after finishing the procedure and shotted some syncs I rebooted and boom! Android loaded! Yey!

Hope to see Android 9 soon!
I tried the 32GB image and Etcher on Windows 10 is telling me Partition table missing.
Is this something that can be fixed?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google on Android? KC9UDX 21 28,514 03-17-2023, 11:35 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Getting platform tools working like I'm used to? bastafari 20 27,631 12-24-2020, 01:14 AM
Last Post: jonnyhawk
  MD5 On Android jaysistar 0 2,658 03-14-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: jaysistar
  Arguments for android support metcalsr 20 30,555 02-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Idaho
Exclamation All android buillds on wiki for Microsd missing GPT? TDC_PBP 14 20,664 01-31-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Any word about Android builds? tophneal 36 48,551 01-26-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Account
  Flashing Updated U-Boot on Android tophneal 6 10,275 01-16-2020, 06:05 AM
Last Post: tophneal