Braveheart motor buzzes with pinch
Bug 
If I gently but firmly pinch slightly above the lower left corner of pinephone braveheart, it starts to buzz. Sometimes I have to take the back cover off or power it down to get it to stop. It easily triggers from a pocket or when picking it up. Sometimes even putting the back cover on triggers it.

I would be happy to upload a video of it.

Seems as if maybe something is making contact that shouldn't. If this is a widespread issue, hope we can get it resolved for future builds.

Otherwise, everything hardware seems to be checking out. Love the device! I want to pass along my thanks to the Pine64 team.
(02-14-2020, 12:27 AM)Charims Wrote: If I gently but firmly pinch slightly above the lower left corner of pinephone braveheart, it starts to buzz. Sometimes I have to take the back cover off or power it down to get it to stop. It easily triggers from a pocket or when picking it up. Sometimes even putting the back cover on triggers it.

Seems as if maybe something is making contact that shouldn't. If this is a widespread issue, hope we can get it resolved for future builds.

Otherwise, everything hardware seems to be checking out. Love the device! I want to pass along my thanks to the Pine64 team.

First time aware on this issue, please upload the photo and will fix if it is design flaw.
(02-16-2020, 11:38 PM)tllim Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 12:27 AM)Charims Wrote: If I gently but firmly pinch slightly above the lower left corner of pinephone braveheart, it starts to buzz. Sometimes I have to take the back cover off or power it down to get it to stop. It easily triggers from a pocket or when picking it up. Sometimes even putting the back cover on triggers it.

First time aware on this issue, please upload the photo and will fix if it is design flaw.

I experienced similar behavior. The issue was that a wire to the vibration motor was crossed over into the battery compartment.

[Image: W0z6JQR.jpg]

Moving the wire fully into its channel resolved the issue for me -- tested with:

Code:
fftest /dev/input/event3
(03-03-2020, 09:02 PM)hall Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 11:38 PM)tllim Wrote:

I experienced similar behavior. The issue was that a wire to the vibration motor was crossed over into the battery compartment.

[Image: W0z6JQR.jpg]

Moving the wire fully into its channel resolved the issue for me -- tested with:

Code:
fftest /dev/input/event3

Thank You Hall,

I was able to remove the battery case, and then the back case as per http://files.pine64.org/doc/datasheet/pinephone/PinePhone%20Exploded%20Diagram%20ver%201.0.pdf

I also found that the wire was over the channel wall into the battery compartment and being pinched by the back case. I was able to gently use my fingernail to push the wire back over into its channel. The motor finally stopped, but still works as expected under Factory Test image.

[Image: TgCR17n.jpg]
So, I was linked to this post by support for an issue where my phone loses power from any slight bumps: https://youtu.be/3LAIMrHd5Yw

Two things...

1.) The problem here is not my problem? Looking at the wires on my phone, they are not dangling into the battery compartment. https://imgur.com/a/R1qdfPn
2.) What does this have to do with my issue?

If anyone else can chime in with any information, it would be appreciated. Support speaks in some pretty broke ass English.
(07-08-2020, 12:00 AM)boneitis Wrote: So, I was linked to this post by support for an issue where my phone loses power from any slight bumps: https://youtu.be/3LAIMrHd5Yw

Two things...

1.) The problem here is not my problem? Looking at the wires on my phone, they are not dangling into the battery compartment. https://imgur.com/a/R1qdfPn
2.) What does this have to do with my issue?

If anyone else can chime in with any information, it would be appreciated. Support speaks in some pretty broke ass English.
Thanks for posting boneitis

Sorry you are having issues, I can imagine it's pretty frustrating. This doesn't seem to be the same issue, so I would post a new thread in the Hardware forum if you haven't already. Also, check if it still does this when its plugged into a charger. I would try with and without battery installed. Does the battery fit firmly into the compartment, does it wiggle at all? Share that info on your separate thread.

English is actually one of the hardest languages to learn, and Pine64 is doing this as a community service, so if you have trouble communicating, it might be best to keep it as text-based. Helpful tip: You will probably get better support if you are not critical of others in your posts.
Just received my UBPorts edition on Saturday, experienced the same problem. The first three or so boots didn't indicate any issues but then during regular use after startup it would start a single continuous vibration that wouldn't stop without cycling the power. I was a little startled I guess because I was afraid it might have been some sort of surge or malfunction with the power cable or the adapter or something...luckily I found this thread and the fix worked great. The black wire to the vibration motor just needed to be shifted off the battery compartment and into the channel.

In any case, it was a great introduction to some of the inner parts of this thing, I knew it wouldn't be long before I opened it up anyways, I got the thing to learn and tinker!

[Image: vQSR53L.jpg]

[Image: GMvaTbZ.jpg]
Same problem also in my PostMarket pinephone (arrived late in september from the european batch. Tanks for the fix!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug DESIGN ISSUE? Speaker + vibration motor broke for the 2nd time e1337 11 4,290 01-26-2023, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AnAbolitionist
  New vibration motor not working Zebulon Walton 5 5,524 11-13-2021, 03:00 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Ubuntu Touch vs. Manjaro on Braveheart [Accessibility] jazzhands 0 1,181 09-22-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: jazzhands
Sad PnePhone Braveheart Edition - Microphone NOT Working valentin 15 8,305 08-09-2021, 07:43 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Soldering novice - Braveheart dead? ConorIA 10 10,024 02-25-2021, 02:38 PM
Last Post: nas
  Have inherited frozen braveheart doodah 2 2,778 12-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: wibble
  any user experience with upgrading from the Braveheart? Nooblife 11 9,250 11-10-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  BraveHeart UbPorts Battery drain/Solder update Vlodka 2 3,478 10-04-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Vlodka
Question Addressing persistent battery discharge on Braveheart User 18618 0 1,514 08-30-2020, 06:00 PM
Last Post: User 18618
  Differences between Braveheart Edition and UPorts Edition Pinephone? kop316 14 16,208 05-07-2020, 01:19 AM
Last Post: MamlinAV