Mobile Carriers in the United States
Following
Does anyone know if sprint is still an unknown?   Lte bands look fine but I'm not sure what to make of cdma, plus frequency check has a disclaimer saying that sprint still only allows approved phones on the network regardless of whether its supported or not. https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/...ted-states
(05-31-2020, 05:35 AM)m1sf3t Wrote: Does anyone know if sprint is still an unknown?   Lte bands look fine but I'm not sure what to make of cdma, plus frequency check has a disclaimer saying that sprint still only allows approved phones on the network regardless of whether its supported or not. https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/...ted-states
LTE on 1900 should be fine and better because you now get access to T-Mobile's towers. They are taking away band 41 (2500) and dedicating it to 5g only, no LTE. Currently, CDMA access is still up, last word says they have accelerated the shutdown of that network to sometime 2021. I have read complaints that they are not letting new devices on that require CDMA. But the Pinephone can do VoLTE (on Verizon) so it should be able to on Sprint. Waiting for someone to try to activate on Sprint to be sure. I decided to stick with T-mobile.

I do know my Google Fi Pixel no longer gets band 41 and does connect to the CDMA network when on Sprint towers. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/t-mobile-...s#day0-faq
(04-11-2020, 08:37 AM)laserbeamh Wrote: Also on Debian/Phosh on Verizon. I've got incoming and outgoing calls working (pretty consistently), outgoing texts (incoming don't work), and data working.

I had to dial a number to get data working (either #777 or *228, I was having issues with #777 so I'm not sure which actually worked). I have the option of 4 different APNs for Verizon available, and have to choose vzwinternet to get data working (in addition to dailing). I was able to get both Web and Firefox to connect to various websites, and got hits on all repos in King's Cross.

The only thing I'm having issues with on a the connectivity front is incoming texts. If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears!

@bcnaz I know you asked about hotspotting in the other thread. I don't see how to set up a hotspot, but if you let me know where it is, I'll give it a shot!

Hi, new member and I am looking into whether this is a viable alternative to android. I am on Verizon as well. Which edition of the pinephone do you have? Braveheart/UBPorts/etc. I only see UBPorts on the store now and it's out of stock. Anyone know if this is going to be available again or if there will be another edition?

I just found pinephone a couple months ago and the glass on my current phone just broke. I'd love to be able to get a pinephone and hook it up to vzw.
(06-04-2020, 04:50 PM)ionsbygones Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 08:37 AM)laserbeamh Wrote: Also on Debian/Phosh on Verizon. I've got incoming and outgoing calls working (pretty consistently), outgoing texts (incoming don't work), and data working.

I had to dial a number to get data working (either #777 or *228, I was having issues with #777 so I'm not sure which actually worked). I have the option of 4 different APNs for Verizon available, and have to choose vzwinternet to get data working (in addition to dailing). I was able to get both Web and Firefox to connect to various websites, and got hits on all repos in King's Cross.

The only thing I'm having issues with on a the connectivity front is incoming texts. If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears!

@bcnaz I know you asked about hotspotting in the other thread. I don't see how to set up a hotspot, but if you let me know where it is, I'll give it a shot!

Hi, new member and I am looking into whether this is a viable alternative to android. I am on Verizon as well. Which edition of the pinephone do you have? Braveheart/UBPorts/etc. I only see UBPorts on the store now and it's out of stock. Anyone know if this is going to be available again or if there will be another edition?

I just found pinephone a couple months ago and the glass on my current phone just broke. I'd love to be able to get a pinephone and hook it up to vzw.

He achieved this on a Braveheart edition Pinephone which was the previous run. The current run, community edition, just sold out. You're bound to find some used Pinephones for sale soon as some likely upgraded, and it looks like there will be another run produced later on. The current run was 5k and they went fast!
I see some people here plan to use their current Verizon (in United States) card on the PinePhone. On that, I have a question someone here might be able to answer.  Every time I get a new unlocked iphone from apple store (no contract), and I move my verizon SIM card from old phone to the new phone Verizon charge me $30 fee. If I start moving my SIM from iPhone to Pinephone are they going to charge me again? what if I start moving the SIM from phone to phone many times? I hope I am not going to be charged every time! Anyone with experience in this?

(I could ask Verizon, but... lets be honest, they are never clear, never say the true, etc... is a carrier company!)
(06-05-2020, 08:52 AM)daniel Wrote: I see some people here plan to use their current Verizon (in United States)  card on the PinePhone. On that, I have a question someone here might be able to answer.  Every time I get a new unlocked iphone from apple store (no contract), and I move my verizon SIM card from old phone to the new phone Verizon charge me $30 fee. If I start moving my SIM from iPhone to Pinephone are they going to charge me again? what if I start moving the SIM from phone to phone many times? I hope I am not going to be charged every time! Anyone with experience in this?

(I could ask Verizon, but... lets be honest, they are never clear, never say the true, etc... is a carrier company!)
That's Verizon for you. If you want their Network without the hassles or the fees, try one of these https://www.androidcentral.com/best-mvno...ns-network
I got a Mint Mobile sim and cheap plan and things work pretty well. Have not got much to tell regarding coverage as  lock down it kinda limiting that. They also have good commercials so...

Good luck!
(06-05-2020, 08:52 AM)daniel Wrote: I see some people here plan to use their current Verizon (in United States)  card on the PinePhone. On that, I have a question someone here might be able to answer.  Every time I get a new unlocked iphone from apple store (no contract), and I move my verizon SIM card from old phone to the new phone Verizon charge me $30 fee. If I start moving my SIM from iPhone to Pinephone are they going to charge me again? what if I start moving the SIM from phone to phone many times? I hope I am not going to be charged every time! Anyone with experience in this?

I have had terrible experiences with Verizon years ago, cost me thousands of dollars AND wrecked my credit rating !

Since being with AT&T  I have simply swapped my sim card each time I got a new phone, usually it just works,
   unless it is a different size card.

BestBuy used to sell the AT&T sim card for $5, but now they charge $10,  Ebay has them cheap, I recently bought one for $2. free shipping.

I have seen in other threads some people have had luck with other carriers, and some carriers do run specials.

Charging you a fee,  just because you moved your card to a different phone ?  That is Outrageous !

Any update on Verizon incoming texts? Has anyone gotten that to work? if so, how?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can I retrieve accidentally deleted voice mail with T mobile ? HLing 4 639 12-13-2023, 01:24 AM
Last Post: oldschool
  New Zealand network providers mobile data Linux2thabone 3 3,176 08-05-2023, 06:17 AM
Last Post: SchizoPinePhone225
  US Mobile, via T-Mobile, won't support Pinephone Pro - SOLVED, SIMPLY jovval 10 2,976 07-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jovval
  Problems updating KDE Plasma Mobile OS IMSAI8080 6 3,180 06-30-2023, 11:39 PM
Last Post: ionmich
  Current Situation With Setup and Carrier Activation With Tracfone Verizon T-Mobile pinephoneuser22 0 643 05-26-2023, 08:40 PM
Last Post: pinephoneuser22
  Cannot call at several mobile phones Gon 3 1,231 05-04-2023, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Gon
  MMS-Monitor: Help for carriers with dual APNs? treebeard 2 1,247 02-10-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Phone carriers and the Speakout carrier bedtime 3 1,968 08-16-2022, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Oblivion2528
  compatible carriers the7thpoint 2 1,641 06-17-2022, 08:24 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
Lightbulb pinephone mobile dock jasmin763 2 1,632 06-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: 98cwitr