BUG: spinlock lockup suspected | .magic: dead4ead, .owner: scsi_eh_2/264, .owner_cpu
(03-06-2020, 12:15 AM)mattqd97 Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 02:28 PM)hemertje Wrote: Pine team offered me to send Rockpro64 and Sata adapter in as RMA
Will wait for now for new hardware...

Any update? I am having the exact same problem, PCI-e from Pine64 and a 2TB red WD harddrive. Consistently kernel panics whenever I try to create a new filesystem. Updated to newest ayufan kernel and even updated u-boot and still same issue.

For what it's worth, I received my RockPro64 last week and tried to set it up with 2 4TB WD Red drives - experienced the same problem while trying to copy files from one drive to another.  Essentially had to do it in small chunks - due to errors, the second drive I was copying stuff to would re-mount as read-only and I'd have to reboot and everything would be fine for a bit and then rinse and repeat.  Installed a Marvell 88SE9215 card and all of these problems went away.  So there's definitely a problem with the "official" ASMedia SATA card at least as far as using two hard drives at the same time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BUG: spinlock lockup suspected | .magic: dead4ead, .owner: scsi_eh_2/264, .owner_cpu - by paltozor - 03-23-2020, 04:54 PM