Printers in Manjaro
Question 
Is there any GUI to install printers in Manjaro? The ubuntu mate build detected our printer (epson wf-35200) fairly easily via the printers tab in settings, but Manjaro does not appear to have a single setting relating to printers. If it all possible, I really don't want to mess around with CUPS.
Here's a helpful page from the Manjaro wiki: https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Printing
Well, you know, you will have to mess around a bit,, it's not x86
search, read ,,,, debian airprint and debian driverless
so, your printer has to be no older than 10 years, cups in manjaro is OK,
MUCH, much easier if printer is networked rather than usb
IOW, you will be using airprint,, note: pick generic ppd,
specific model will NOT work
and BTW, that link is for normal x86 printer install, not relevant for arm, will not work
FWIW, with manjaro uSD boot, at least 1 printer works OK (brother j825)
(haven't tested others, haven't bothered with scanning)
--more--
Does the ubuntu mate succeed printing test page?
What ppd? (middle, 2/3 down)
There is probably a problem with driverless printing on Manjaro ARM. On the image with Ubuntu on PinebookPro, driverless works with my printer without any problem (Brother T910-DW). Driverless does not work on the Manjaro image on PinebookPro. Interestingly, in the Manjaro x86_64 image driverless works with my printer without any problem.
(02-08-2020, 05:21 AM)pawlinski Wrote: There is probably a problem with driverless printing on Manjaro ARM. On the image with Ubuntu on PinebookPro, driverless works with my printer without any problem (Brother T910-DW). Driverless does not work on the Manjaro image on PinebookPro. Interestingly, in the Manjaro x86_64 image driverless works with my printer without any problem.

Err, I have manjaro on a uSD, airprint works fine, are you using generic ppd?
Which ppd? ippeve or drvless  ?
(02-08-2020, 09:04 AM)wdt Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 05:21 AM)pawlinski Wrote: There is probably a problem with driverless printing on Manjaro ARM. On the image with Ubuntu on PinebookPro, driverless works with my printer without any problem (Brother T910-DW). Driverless does not work on the Manjaro image on PinebookPro. Interestingly, in the Manjaro x86_64 image driverless works with my printer without any problem.

Err, I have manjaro on a uSD, airprint works fine, are you using generic ppd?
Which ppd? ippeve or drvless  ?

As far as i understand, driverless printing is targeted at the client side of printing and refers to the ability of the client device to print without having to install any static capability files or drivers (manufacturer-specific or otherwise) on the client.

On a "regular laptop" with Manjaro x86_64, the printer is detected and installed thanks to driverless printing. It is detected on Pinebook Pro with Manjaro ARM, but for some problem with driverless printing, it is not installed. Looking for a driver but cannot find it. The solution is manual ppd installation, but I haven't done it yet.
On Ubuntu (Ubuntu Mate or Armbian Bionic) on Pinebook Pro, the printer is detected and installed thanks to driverless printing.
https://wiki.debian.org/CUPSDriverlessPrinting
https://wiki.debian.org/CUPSAirPrint
Once everything is in place, it's pretty easy
--edit--
because my printer is somewhat older, the only address that works is
ipp://(printer_ip_address)/ ...,,,the trailing "/" essential
No other address works
--edit again--
Just for laughs, installed laser printer (on manjaro)
Again only ip address worked, this time full address (ipp://192.168.1.87/ipp/port1)
Again, struck by how pitifull the ppd you get is, but it prints test page at least
I have gotten closer to a successful printing solution! In the Pacman gui I found a package called print settings. When I installed it I was able to connect to my Epson wf-3520 printer. I haven't found the right driver yet though. When I tried the generic pdf printer, my printer started printing out lines of code instead of the test page. Encouraging progress, though!
Check out Gutenprint, their website has a quick reference to find if you model's drivers are included/supported. I was able to get an old wide format going using it last week. (Color management is another nightmare, though.)
>When I tried the generic pdf printer
Is your printer a pdf printer?? I somehow doubt that it is
So, DON'T use this, use generic airprint(ipp everywhere) or generic driverless
ppd will be ippeve.ppd OR drvless.ppd, I have test pages with both
(manjaro, ippeve,,,debian10,drvless)
--edit-- just because a printer can print pdfs, does not mean it is a pdf printer
A pdf printer has a computer in it that can run a pdf interpreter , IN THE PRINTER
These tend to be expensive, the feature will be "touted"
There is a script, comes with cups, pdftoraster, calls gs, makes raster image,
then converted to specific printer language, then sent to printer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 160 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,602 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 206 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,910 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,978 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 290 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 743 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,912 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,849 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 703 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez