UBPorts Battery Observation
(02-10-2020, 11:32 AM)PinePhoneCoder Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 02:41 PM)mpnordland Wrote: I've noticed that the battery will only charge if I turn on the phone while it is plugged in. After the cord is unplugged charging will not work until the phone is restarted with the cord attached.

Did you remove the plastic between de contacts of the battery used for shipping the phone?

If you are referring to the plastic that prevents the battery from powering the phone at all, then yes. If there is additional plastic to remove I am not aware of it.
(02-23-2020, 08:01 PM)mpnordland Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 02:41 PM)mpnordland Wrote: I've noticed that the battery will only charge if I turn on the phone while it is plugged in. After the cord is unplugged charging will not work until the phone is restarted with the cord attached.

Did you remove the plastic between de contacts of the battery used for shipping the phone?

If you are referring to the plastic that prevents the battery from powering the phone at all, then yes. If there is additional plastic to remove I am not aware of it.

I'm seeing the same issue. If I plug the phone in while the phone is off, and boot into UBPorts, the battery charges. If I unplug it, then the battery will not charge again until I shut down.

Using Build #238 from https://ci.ubports.com/job/rootfs/job/ro.../artifact/ , downloaded on March 1.
(03-06-2020, 11:35 PM)falsifian Wrote:

I'm seeing the same issue. If I plug the phone in while the phone is off, and boot into UBPorts, the battery charges. If I unplug it, then the battery will not charge again until I shut down.

Using Build #238 from https://ci.ubports.com/job/rootfs/job/ro.../artifact/ , downloaded on March 1.

Responding to myself in case others find this useful: this reddit comment may be relevant. I have been charging my Pinephone with a USB C charger, and that comment claims only USB A chargers will work. I cannot find any information to back that up, but it's the most plausible answer I've found. Unfortunately the only type-A charger I possess provides just 1 amp, so the fact that it does not work either probably doesn't say much.
(03-07-2020, 10:30 PM)falsifian Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 11:35 PM)falsifian Wrote:

Responding to myself in case others find this useful: this reddit comment may be relevant. I have been charging my Pinephone with a USB C charger, and that comment claims only USB A chargers will work. I cannot find any information to back that up, but it's the most plausible answer I've found. Unfortunately the only type-A charger I possess provides just 1 amp, so the fact that it does not work either probably doesn't say much.

In my experience, type-c to type-c charging indeed does not currently work on UT but I tried it on the PureOS and it worked there. Charging detection is quite unstable on UT at the moment.
Loaded up the newest stable build #245 last night and left it on a usb c  to usb c  charger overnight and it seemed to behave correctly, i.e charging to full, discharging for a while then charging again (all while switched on). Only one data point, but maybe fixed now?

Also as a bonus, this build has outgoing calls working quite well - at least with my provider.
Hey guys I started playing recently with the PinePhone, and found that ubtouch is the only distribution so far that survives a suspend.
I enter the suspend with the sysfs interface (echo mem > /sys/power/state). I tested the same thing on debian and pmos with phosh, but different bad things happen when resuming with the power button. 

I've put together a script that triggers suspend after a given time that the system has not seen any user activity, and so far seems to work reasonably well on ubtouch. My question is: has anyone tried to see if receiving a phone call or a sms resumes the phone? I'm not using a sim right now, so I couldn't test
(04-01-2020, 10:20 AM)dodoeg Wrote: Hey guys I started playing recently with the PinePhone, and found that ubtouch is the only distribution so far that survives a suspend.
I enter the suspend with the sysfs interface (echo mem > /sys/power/state). I tested the same thing on debian and pmos with phosh, but different bad things happen when resuming with the power button. 

I've put together a script that triggers suspend after a given time that the system has not seen any user activity, and so far seems to work reasonably well on ubtouch. My question is: has anyone tried to see if receiving a phone call or a sms resumes the phone? I'm not using a sim right now, so I couldn't test

Can you share the script? I have a SIM in mine.
I can confirm that battery charging detection is not very stable on UT as of #273. Sometimes it starts charging, sometimes I have to unplug and replug, sometimes it only seems to work when I am monitoring the power devices with upower.

Code:
upower -m
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ upower -m
Monitoring activity from the power daemon. Press Ctrl+C to cancel.
*clover plugs in charger here*
[11:32:21.133] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery
[11:32:21.134] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery
[11:32:21.135] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery
[11:32:21.140] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_axp20x_usb
[11:32:21.254] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_axp813_ac
[11:32:21.254] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_axp813_ac
[11:32:21.256] daemon changed:
[11:32:21.269] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_axp20x_usb

*pinephone shows white charging led*
[11:34:22.155] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery
[11:34:22.156] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery
[11:34:22.156] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery

*pinephone stops showing white charging led*
[11:36:22.100] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery
[11:36:22.100] device changed:     /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_axp20x_battery

weird that it takes almost exactly two minutes for the daemon to change and to start seeing charge indicator on battery + white led.

double weird that two more minutes later the device seems to stop charging with battery indicator lightning bolt going away and no white led. 

Difference between UT and PureOS is:
- upower is version 0.99.10 on PureOS and on 0.99.4 on UT

(04-01-2020, 10:20 AM)dodoeg Wrote: Hey guys I started playing recently with the PinePhone, and found that ubtouch is the only distribution so far that survives a suspend.

I recommend starting a new thread for your interesting point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone UBPorts Edition stuck on PINE64 logo screen Giovanni Iannotti 4 4,727 09-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Giovanni Iannotti
  online accounts in UBports Uturn 2 4,089 03-30-2021, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  UBPorts Not Working Pinoideae 7 9,350 03-13-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  How to enable Ethernet with UBPorts and convergence dock? piney-tim 1 2,959 11-27-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: piney-tim
  UBPorts Convergence MonCon 0 2,288 11-24-2020, 04:25 PM
Last Post: MonCon
  Looks like I found a mild reason why UBPorts for pinephone hasn't seen much progress. plainenough 13 17,081 11-21-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Nooblife
  "No network" on new UBPorts community edition pinephone professorsnapper 6 7,685 10-19-2020, 10:27 PM
Last Post: htc_tattoo
  UBPorts doesn't boot even after booting into recovery defekto 2 4,388 09-30-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: defekto
  Dekko on UBPorts PinePhone usable? djvinniev77 13 14,968 09-17-2020, 03:45 PM
Last Post: yurievitch
  How to enable SSH on UBPorts Ubuntu Touch? eaglecup 12 19,579 09-15-2020, 03:42 PM
Last Post: voidmain