Flash dhivael's SPI uboot (risky)
Now I have a problem that I cannot go to maskrom neither loader mode. When I connnect the cable I do not see any device in rkdeveloptool. No matter if PBP is on or off or whether I press the recovery button on PCB prior connecting the cable.
(02-08-2020, 11:59 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Now I have a problem that I cannot go to maskrom neither loader mode. When I connnect the cable I do not see any device in rkdeveloptool. No matter if PBP is on or off or whether I press the recovery button on PCB prior connecting the cable.

As far as I am aware, maskrom mode will not happen unless there are no bootable devices available. if you have everything else unplugged, the only possible bootable culprit would be your SPI. If your SPI is corrupted, you will need to bypass it by shorting ground to clock. I think that will be the only way you can get into maskrom at this point. good luck!
I think my SPI is not corrupted because when there is a boot device connected, the led goes green like it was loading a kernel... But I do not understand it. One time I was able to enter loader mode even when my SPI was broken using recovery button.
(02-08-2020, 12:21 PM)Wizzard Wrote: I think my SPI is not corrupted because when there is a boot device connected, the led goes green like it was loading a kernel... But I do not understand it. One time I was able to enter loader mode even when my SPI was broken using recovery button.

The recovery button is iffy at best, from what I have gathered from the community. It is not a consistent method of getting into maskrom, sadly.

The lights are a good sign that your pinebook is not terribly broken, though Smile still i recommend bypassing SPI altogether. which should be a surefire way of getting back into maskrom where you can flash zeroes to your SPI, and then flash either Dhiv's or pcm720 (since you know that works for you if you want to be done with Dhiv's)
(02-08-2020, 11:59 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Now I have a problem that I cannot go to maskrom neither loader mode. When I connnect the cable I do not see any device in rkdeveloptool. No matter if PBP is on or off or whether I press the recovery button on PCB prior connecting the cable.

@Wizzard -----> https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9059
(02-07-2020, 06:27 PM)pinebro Wrote: Thanks for the wiki link. Just tried from another computer and same issue. All dependencies are installed and up to date, but I'm going to take your advice and hold out for a while. For now, I'm still pretty happy just being able to have my home folder on nvme.

Just saying, if you have tried from multiple other computers and you are getting the same error maybe it is your cable.

Also make sure it’s plugged into usb-3 (blue one) on your other computer. That might be important.
Ok, I was able to go to maskrom mode, erase SPI flash and reflash SPI flash again. Still the same problem, blank screen with backlight and green led when I have connected my NVMe. I tried to flash older SPI from pcm720, but seems I cannot find the correct one what works, cause it neither boots, but the LED is green from the beginning.

BTW, which OS are you guys using?
(02-08-2020, 01:42 PM)Wizzard Wrote: Ok, I was able to go to maskrom mode, erase SPI flash and reflash SPI flash again. Still the same problem, blank screen with backlight and green led when I have connected my NVMe. I tried to flash older SPI from pcm720, but seems I cannot find the correct one what works, cause it neither boots, but the LED is green from the beginning.

BTW, which OS are you guys using?

We both use Manjaro I believe. What nvme are you using?
I have Toshiba RC100, 240 GB. Will try Manjaro too Smile

Edit: it boots Smile
Yey !!! Congrats !!!

Now you're on upstream uboot Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to rewrite uboot to emmc pineitup 5 8,685 12-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: nightranger73
  Extracting a copy of SPI NOR flash contents using micro SD card and u-boot hmuller 0 2,675 09-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Last Post: hmuller
  Program SPI NOR Flash on Pinebook Pro with u-boot on micro SD Card hmuller 0 3,393 09-21-2020, 10:02 AM
  In-Circuit Programming of SPI NOR Flash hmuller 13 17,943 09-13-2020, 01:20 PM
  Installing Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) with BSP uBoot with deep sleep and sound Syonyk 43 52,772 07-28-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: SamWilts
  How to boot Manjaro from NVME with uboot on eMMC as400 47 55,749 06-07-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: as400
  (almost) upstream uboot/atf User 15997 27 30,474 02-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Natrox
  Widevine-flash on Chromium-SD Card mamboman777 3 6,346 01-20-2020, 04:00 PM
Last Post: tophneal