Hardware video codec
I am running Manjaro now, so I can't reproduce this right now.

The upstream ffmpeg and mpv don't support rkmpp. When you run `ffmpeg` it shows you the compile flags. If you don't see "--enable-rkmpp" then you have the upstream version.

The Netflix problem is unrelated, no browser can do hardware video decoding on the PBP (except ChromeOS)

I have a question for people running the mainline kernel: Have you had any success utilizing the hantro-vpu driver? v4l2-ctl shows that there is support for a JPEG encoder and a mpeg2 and vp8 decoder. I could use the JPEG encoder with gstreamer, but the decoder doesn't seem to work on either ffmpeg or gstreamer.
I downloaded the standard Debian image and put it onto a sd card and booted from there. The ffmpeg from the sd card behaves just the way you are describing.  I assume, the standard image contains a specifically built ffmpeg for the pbp.I'll ask on the 'standard os' thread, how to keep the standard os installation up to date without losing mrfixit2001's modifications.
1. Does anyone have a full list of packages to be kept from updating?
2. Does anyone have mentioned packages from original default OS image (or files)?
(02-12-2020, 12:12 PM)wrzomar Wrote: 1. Does anyone have a full list of packages to be kept from updating?
2. Does anyone have mentioned packages from original default OS image (or files)?

On a fresh install of default debian:

Code:
[email protected]:~$ dpkg  --get-selections|grep -v install
ffmpeg                      hold
ffmpegthumbnailer               hold
[email protected]:~$

And have a look at /etc/apt/apt.d.conf. Kernel and firmware is kept from upgrading.

On my already upgraded system on emmc: when i call ffmpeg from the sd card, on which the fresh install is located,
ffmpeg complais about a missing library:

Code:
[email protected]:/media/u1/e9e67d6e-9693-4f25-bbd6-ae24f7c9e5bb/usr/bin$ ./ffmpeg
./ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.58: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I copied the library from the sd to the emmc. After that, ffmpeg complained about another lib. After copying a few, I gave up.
I've followed instructions from:
https://forum.pine64.org/archive/index.p...-7112.html

but freshly built mpv has segfault every time. I'm thinking about reflashing emmc and starting fresh.
1. don't use aptitude
2. do use apt pinning
I wasn't using aptitude. Does apt pinning protect from apt autoremove?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware video decoding question sgx2 1 153 01-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Last Post: RotatingNut
  how to attach video file to forum post richfm 2 104 11-27-2019, 12:10 PM
Last Post: richfm
Video Pinebook Pro Opening/Use Video kettek 1 255 11-06-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: aleksei