[Solved][BraveHeart] PinePhone Failed Headphone Test
Lightbulb 
Got the device, tested everything. Seems the headphone jack wasn't producing sound (From either headphone). Interesting, didn't mind too much because the speaker was working.

However, It seems that Ubuntu Touch is locked in Headphone mode. Not entirely sure if this is because of the OS, or because something in the jack port is locked up.

Any ideas how I should go about troubleshooting this? 

EDIT:

Okay while writing this up i decided to do some logical testing. Silly me forgot about the kill switches on the back. While the headphone switch was on, it was still not producing anything. After killing it I got the tell tale electrical interference sound, so I knew it wasn't a solder issue. When i Re-enabled the switch the audio seem to come back after testing again. 

For anyone landing here from google, or other wise, remember that audio is only produced in the left headphone during the test. This should probably be changed to 'front left' 'front right' 'front left'.

For Ubuntu Touch, it seems it's a OS issue as it worked fine during main testing.
(02-06-2020, 12:01 PM)MrArca9 Wrote: ... After killing it I got the tell tale electrical interference sound, so I knew it wasn't a solder issue. When i Re-enabled the switch the audio seem to come back after testing again...

If I understand you correctly you are saying the switch was effectively confusing things? When you set the switch OFF, then ON again, it all resolved?

If so not the first time I have seen a report of a switch "moved" during shipping to be in an unexpected state compared to its position.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Isn't the ear/head phone  'jack'  a mechanical switch ?

IE:  When you plug in the plug,   it opens the speaker circut,   and deverts the signal to the plug instead of the speaker  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-06-2020, 03:51 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Isn't the ear/head phone  'jack'  a mechanical switch ?

IE:  When you plug in the plug,   it opens the speaker circut,   and deverts the signal to the plug instead of the speaker  ?

No, the headphone, speaker and 'receiver' (the one you hold to your ear when making phone calls) are all separate, and switching is software controlled. The headphone audio goes through a switch chip so that the DIP switch on the back of the phone can switch the socket between headphone and serial interface too. It's on the 'Audio' page of the schematic
Using Ubuntu Touch OS I get no sound from THE speaker,  

Using Post Market OS I do get sound from THE speaker,
through both the "left speaker test"
  and the "right speaker test"  
both send sound through THE  "mono speaker"

Seems that has not been resolved in the GUI software for UT  'yet'
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 520 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 156 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  my pinephone melted norayr 2 409 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,444 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 53,720 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,198 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 780 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,596 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,196 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot
  Using optical drives with Pinephone cdforever 2 1,046 07-18-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: cdforever