wasp-os: MicroPython for PineTime!
(08-05-2020, 05:16 PM).lupyuen Wrote: Hmmm not sure why PineTime Updater would cause that to the Pi... Remember to connect/disconnect PineTime to Pi only when the Pi power is off.

It is probably also a good idea to have resistors in series between the boards on the SWDIO and SWCLK lines. Not only does this help absorb small differences in the reference voltages on the two devices but, more importantly, there have been a reports on the forum (and via other channels) of pad drivers blowing up when using the bcm2835spi driver for RPi (which IIUC deliberately permits both devices trying to drive SWDIO at the same time in order to meet the protocol timings). Sadly I have never been able to get a sufficiently clear bug report to be 100% sure that we are seeing physical damage from using directly connected wires but I certainly would never connect these devices without resisters inline.

Of course, if you have a PineTime dev kit and it is still running the stock firmware then I'd strongly recommend updating over-the-air using Bluetooth rather than trying to hook up an RPi.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
Managed to get myself a Colmi P8. I've successfully used daflasher to transfer the initial bootloader, but I have a quick question.

Do I need to use "make -j `nproc` BOARD=pinetime all" or does this need to be changed to something else?
Are there any other changes I need to make before I flash Wasp-os onto the P8?

Edit: It needed to be "make -j `nproc` BOARD=p8 all"

I've managed to flash the wasp-os bootloader onto the p8, but when I try to flash Micropython.zip unfortunately the watch reboots but stays on the bootloader. I don't seem to have any errors from the nrf transfer sadly
My issue was resolved and I'm now walking around with a wasp-watch on. Awesome work Daniel!
(08-30-2020, 09:22 AM)tomthetaffer Wrote: My issue was resolved and I'm now walking around with a wasp-watch on. Awesome work Daniel!
Hi Tom. Was the fix compiling wasp-os with the right board? I'm having the same issue but I did compile it with the correct board. Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
(08-02-2020, 04:52 AM)wibble Wrote: That should do the trick. See also https://github.com/lupyuen/pinetime-updater for noob-friendly flashing. I think the 'Download from URL' option should work with the URL for the file built by the github action, but I haven't tried it yet.

(09-16-2020, 08:15 PM)thethoughtpolice Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 09:22 AM)tomthetaffer Wrote: My issue was resolved and I'm now walking around with a wasp-watch on. Awesome work Daniel!
Hi Tom.  Was the fix compiling wasp-os with the right board?  I'm having the same issue but I did compile it with the correct board. Thanks!

Hey there

The resolution for my issue can be found here - https://github.com/daniel-thompson/wasp-os/issues/69
(09-17-2020, 01:39 AM)tomthetaffer Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 04:52 AM)wibble Wrote: That should do the trick. See also https://github.com/lupyuen/pinetime-updater for noob-friendly flashing. I think the 'Download from URL' option should work with the URL for the file built by the github action, but I haven't tried it yet.

(09-16-2020, 08:15 PM)thethoughtpolice Wrote:
Hi Tom.  Was the fix compiling wasp-os with the right board?  I'm having the same issue but I did compile it with the correct board. Thanks!

Hey there

The resolution for my issue can be found here - https://github.com/daniel-thompson/wasp-os/issues/69
That did the trick. I now have wasp-os running on pine time and the p8. Thanks Tom and Daniel![Image: 3ee99d5491e9972d396de805dc0f4e10.jpg]

Hi, Daniel! Thank you. You have done a great job. I started making my first application for wasp-os and ran into several problems. I run the application as described in the documentation
tools/wasptool \\
        --exec myapp.py \\
        --eval "wasp.system.register(MyApp())"
then do it again, several shortcuts appear on the watch. How to remove app? And is it possible reboot the watch?

Also, I don't understand how to debug the application.
(10-11-2020, 07:27 AM)Igor7 Wrote: Hi, Daniel! Thank you. You have done a great job. I started making my first application for wasp-os and ran into several problems. I run the application as described in the documentation
tools/wasptool \\
        --exec myapp.py \\
        --eval "wasp.system.register(MyApp())"
then do it again, several shortcuts appear on the watch. How to remove app? And is it possible reboot the watch?

Also, I don't understand how to debug the application.

Long press (5 seconds) on the power button reboots the watch and removes applications that have not been permanently enabled.

For debugging, firstly be aware that any uncaught exception provokes the crash handler. This will display a bomb icon and then show the stack trace in a pager before switching back to the default application (the digital clock unless you have changed the default). Providing clear indication of exceptions means most of the rest of the debugging can be done with simple tools such as drawing on the screen or using the print() funciton.

Personally I do most of the initial debugging on the simulator and rely on the print() function as needed. By the time I test on a real device most of the basic problems are fixed anyway so I remove any remaining print() calls and rely on the crash handler for things I didn't think of. Note that print() statements do work on the device as well but they can cause some interesting problems if your console program doesn't exit cleanly so they are always stripped out of any application shipped with my repo..
Is it possible to flash this on a new pinetime that comes with infinitime yet?

Further, when i was trying to update my old pinetime with a new waspos update, NRF said it flashed succesfully, but then the watch didn't boot to anything. Do i need to update the waspos bootloader as well now? Is that even possible to do with BLE since i took it upon myself a while back to glue shut the case?

EDIT: I think my old watch is bricked for some reason. It wont progress past the bootloader despite the fact i tried a old build of waspos.
(10-15-2020, 06:39 PM)Aberts10 Wrote: Is it possible to flash this on a new pinetime that comes with infinitime yet?

Further, when i was trying to update my old pinetime with a new waspos update, NRF said it flashed succesfully, but then the watch didn't boot to anything. Do i need to update the waspos bootloader as well now? Is that even possible to do with BLE since i took it upon myself a while back to glue shut the case?

EDIT: I think my old watch is bricked for some reason. It wont progress past the bootloader despite the fact i tried a old build of waspos.

It will be possible to reflash from infinitime but I haven't spent enough time on it yet owing to some (self inflicted) problems with my development hardware. To be honest all the building blocks to install was-os are definitely there but I'm less sure whether the components required to un-install it again (one-way installers are a little anti-social when both firmwares are re-distributable).

Anyhow a watch that runs the wasp-os bootloader is very unlikely to be bricked. Note also that trying an old build of wasp-os after running the latest version will require you to run the battery flat (newer wasp-os implement some power saving tricks that confuse older releases). The best thing to do is to build from the latest master branch and follow the troubleshooting guide: https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...leshooting

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Develop a new firmware for PineTime belushi 2 1,282 09-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  Bluetooth BLE-MIDI-controller app for PineTime / InfiniTime Luno 0 497 08-20-2023, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Luno
  Zephyr Backlight Examples for PineTime lcj 0 689 05-06-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: lcj
  Zephyr is ready for pinetime jandy 1 2,074 05-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: lcj
  Send a message from Android to pinetime via BLE razrosman 0 904 11-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Last Post: razrosman
  PineTime Stuck in DFU Mode Eesha Barua 1 1,997 07-25-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: heyhewmike
  Idle tracking with PineTime: how versatile it is? schaman 1 1,607 07-13-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: wibble
  PineTime implemented with partial of pebble API jandy 0 1,534 03-20-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: jandy
  "Pine64 USB JTAG Adapter + OpenOCD + PineTime" should it work? ITCactus 4 3,868 03-02-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Zephyr based Pinetime jandy 4 4,630 11-11-2021, 05:53 AM
Last Post: jandy