debian+phosh running on PinePhone
I didn't have to declare dhcp range in dnsmasq to make it work, so i think it's not necessary.
Ipv4 forwarding is the same.

The ipv4.method shared is usually for Bluetooth connection sharing, i tried it, and it worked for our ethernet over usb.

Maybe we'll find some side effects later but for now i don't see any change (hotspot, charging.. still work well)
(05-01-2020, 09:07 AM)Luke Wrote: @dflag84 as explained earlier in this thread: settings-> Power -> suspend & power button
I set On Battery Power to 15min.

I can confirm, mine used about 64% within 7,5 hours, so it lost 8,5% per hour.
Yes, suspend is a gamechanger. Just have not found out if receiving calls works reliably when suspended. But so far Debian & Phosh is my favorite Distro. Thanks a-wai for your persistance (and that nice download site with your images). Should we chip in with some money to keep you running?
It seems @a-wai has tested Anbox, can you confirm that Anbox is working? And what is the procedure you used?

Thank you in advance.
@a-wai something to consider Smile https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports...peed.patch
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-03-2020, 02:16 PM)chris_02 Wrote: It seems @a-wai has tested Anbox, can you confirm that Anbox is working? And what is the procedure you used?

It probably needs its own thread but here's an earlier post to get you started. It's pretty buggy to say the least - see  photo below. Also needs a kernel update to get internet working.

.jpg   anbox_whatsapp.jpg (Size: 52.31 KB / Downloads: 388)
After pressing the power button the login screen appears to type in the passcode.
Sometimes this does not work. (one time within two days)

a) The login screen does not appear, only the backlight switches on.
or b) After typing in the passcode the login screen appears again and again ...

Can anyone confirm this problem?
(05-04-2020, 10:59 PM)Juergen Wrote: After pressing the power button the login screen appears to type in the passcode.
Sometimes this does not work. (one time within two days)

a) The login screen does not appear, only the backlight switches on.
or b) After typing in the passcode the login screen appears again and again ...

Can anyone confirm this problem?

Yes, I have had b) a couple of times. Pretty sure that it is some problem with the phosh lockscreen.

Have also had
   c) Phone in S2 idle for an hour or more. Plug in charger. Backlight comes on and you get the charging "ping" but unable to restore display without hard power off.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(05-01-2020, 11:39 AM)fire219 Wrote: Thread moved to new "Debian on PinePhone" subforum.

Thanks! Smile

(05-03-2020, 01:30 PM)spaetz Wrote: Yes, suspend is a gamechanger. Just have not found out if receiving calls works reliably when suspended. But so far Debian & Phosh is my favorite Distro. Thanks a-wai for your persistance (and that nice download site with your images). Should we chip in with some money to keep you running?

You're welcome! I have a Liberapay account for donations, but I'll keep running anyway Wink

(05-04-2020, 09:18 AM)Luke Wrote: @a-wai something to consider Smile https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports...peed.patch

Indeed, this is being worked on, thanks for the heads-up.

Now for some general project news: unfortunately, we didn't make much progress last week, only a few minor packages upgrades, nothing worthy of a new release this week. You can still keep your phone up-to-date with apt, so don't worry, you won't be missing anything Wink

Hopefully we'll have more significant news next week...
has anyone tried retroArch on this??? will n64 games work??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,512 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,105 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,904 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,213 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,111 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,247 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,674 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion