debian+phosh running on PinePhone
i hate to bother you again but i'm trying to work on the power issue and i need to recompile the source with a couple of debugging options enabled. do you have the source hosted somewhere that i can do that? i couldn't find it on the gitlab page but i'm used to working with github so i may have missed it.
If you mean kernel sources you can clone this repo
https://gitlab.com/a-wai/linux-pinephone.git
(04-25-2020, 04:53 AM)Boern Wrote: Hmm, I tried it on Pureos and there the lockscreen is always shown in portrait mode.

And now I can't reproduce it in Debian either. I guess I just hit some edge case.
Probably, I couldn't reproduce it either.
thanx a lot rico. i used a script on a laptop once to put it to sleep, but when i tried it on the pinephone, i couldn't get it out without rebooting. i'll let you guys know if i get it working. i see where i was messing up now too, i had the img, not the source.
Monday is new release day Smile

As I hinted last week, this release changes the default scale factor to 1.8 (instead of 2). This means a higher effective resolution (400x800 vs. 360x720), so a few apps will display/work better with this release. Unless a huge number of people pushes back on this, I think this will be the default from now on, as I'm quite pleased with how things work this way. Comments and feedback are still welcome!
This required upgrading phosh and squeekboard by including not-released-yet code, so these are to be considered beta versions, but I didn't experience any regression during the last few days of testing, so I'm feeling confident this will work out for you too Smile

In case you don't like the 1.8 scale factor, feel free to delete /etc/phosh/phoc.ini or edit it to change the scale back to the previous version.

Regarding power management: thanks to smaeul's great work on crust, the modem can now wake the CPU up from deep sleep! The suspend mode is therefore deep sleep by default, but be aware that the "modem disconnect" issues are not solved yet, and might still require a reboot if things go wrong. Anyway, it's another step towards better power management, so I thought it was worth including in this release Smile

As last week, starting from a fresh image is recommended.
If you'd rather upgrade using apt, you'll have to run u-boot-install-sunxi64 and remove /etc/systemd/sleep.conf.d/suspend-s2idle.conf to benefit from the new power management features.

Enjoy!
Awesome!

This also adds squeekboard 1.9.1, which enabled modifier keys. So it should be possible to have a proper terminal layout now. I just have to find out how to do that.
I hope it also enabled tweaking the height of the keyboard so that we can fit more keys more comfortably in there. Especially with a scale factor of 1.8, as that makes the keys a little bit smaller.

Yeah, modifier keys work! See More useful terminal key layout for phosh's squeekboard
(04-27-2020, 11:23 AM)a-wai Wrote: ...
As I hinted last week, this release changes the default scale factor to 1.8 (instead of 2). 
Another benefit of 1.8 over 2 is 5 icons in the favourites line Cool

(04-27-2020, 11:23 AM)a-wai Wrote: ...
Enjoy!

It is great, thank you to all still cooking this. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

WiFi hotspot sharing is pretty reliable now - I have tried to put instructions here in the wiki.
2 issues
a) I have struggled to get decent formatting of the "User Experience" section in the wiki - anyone who knows wiki formatting please feel free to have a go!
b) Even adding an dhcp-range 10.0.0.50,10.0.0.150 I cant get internet sharing to work via the USB port! I get an IP address assigned OK, I get 10.0.0.2 as the DNS but for whatever reason cannot access beyond the pinephone. Hints or suggestions from anyone who actually understands networking (I only read the 10 minute guide!) are welcome!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Is anyone having issues with the data activation since yesterday update? Only 3G shows up after reboot and in the settings the data are switched off by default. When I activate the data, it turns my data signal off.... It was fine before the update. A reboot didn't fix it either and I freshly installed the latest version. Thanks! And by the way, you guys are doing an amazing job and many thanks for it!!!!
(04-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Boern Wrote: This also adds squeekboard 1.9.1
1.9.1-pre is an arbitraty version number I chose actually, please keep in mind this isn't an official release Wink
It has support for modifier keys however, which is indeed a nice much-needed feature.

(04-28-2020, 02:04 AM)Boern Wrote: I hope it also enabled tweaking the height of the keyboard
Nope, this is still WIP upstream, with no clear timeline at the moment.

(04-28-2020, 08:02 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: Another benefit of 1.8 over 2 is 5 icons in the favourites line Cool
Yup, I like this one too! Also, not having to scroll for the last apps is fine Smile

(04-28-2020, 08:02 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: WiFi hotspot sharing is pretty reliable now - I have tried to put instructions here in the wiki.
Awesome, thanks! I'll try to include that in the next release Smile

(04-28-2020, 08:02 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: b) Even adding an dhcp-range 10.0.0.50,10.0.0.150 I cant get internet sharing to work via the USB port!
Did you disable the "hardcoded" config first ? (assuming you have pinephone-devtools installed, it is stored in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/USB-gadget.nmconnection)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,452 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,911 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,356 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,249 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,058 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion