debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(04-13-2020, 09:19 AM)Luke Wrote: Do you guys have ideas how to make the volume buttons work?

Not really, no.
libinput sees the events, so my guess is there's something missing between phosh and the apps, but I have no idea what that could be...

This phosh issue seems to be related, but I don't know more.
(04-10-2020, 03:30 PM)nas Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 05:31 AM)NotAus1 Wrote: Hi, I try to use PP for connecting to whatsapp (bad word, I know ), navigation and photos. Did not manage to get any of those working yet.
Not a photo and not location via gps. Maybe someone could give a hint, where I could start. 

The camera doesn't work currently but whatsapp-web might be possible.

For the maps issue, have you turned on location services in the privacy settings menu?
ok, location service is on. OSMScout-server+pureMaps won't show location. Maybe I have to try gpsd in addition ?
Looks like I deleted my post somehow so here's the short version: you can install anbox and its modules but there appears to be a problem somewhere.

1) install modules
2) sudo apt install anbox
3) download android image and move to /var/lib/anbox/android.img
4) sudo systemctl start anbox-container-manager.service
5) systemctl --user start anbox-session-manager.service
6) anbox launch --package=org.anbox.appmgr --component=org.anbox.appmgr.AppViewActivity

Code:
[launch.cpp:214@operator()] Session manager failed to become ready

--

Fixed:

a) make sure to select android.img from android-image-working.tar.gz
b) sudo apt install android-tools-adb
c) adb install random.apk (random android apk files are available online)
d) sudo /usr/share/anbox/anbox-shell.sh (if you need root access)
e) some links to information sources
Hey guys,

is it actually enough to update my phone with 

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade 

or do I need to flash a new image regularly?

Best,
Thomas
(04-13-2020, 07:38 AM)a-wai Wrote: A few cosmetic details have changed ("King's Cross" now appears as "Terminal")

Awe - that was a lovely quirky touch Sad

(04-13-2020, 07:38 AM)a-wai Wrote: Finally, thanks to @rico we now have a network connection and serial console through USB! All you have to do to enable it is install the pinephone-devtools package, then reboot.

You folks are fantastic - thank you Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(04-13-2020, 08:15 AM)rico Wrote: ...
And to all my PinePhone friends, keep in mind it's still in development stage Wink

Spoilsport Wink In my day software was production ready if it compiled! Ask young Mr Gates about MS-DOS!

(04-13-2020, 02:45 PM)Concrete_panda Wrote: Hey guys,

is it actually enough to update my phone with 

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade 

or do I need to flash a new image regularly?

Best,
Thomas

Normally an update/upgrade is sufficient - in this case it was for me. Occasionally @a-wai has flagged a re-install is necessary though.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(04-13-2020, 02:07 PM)nas Wrote: 6) anbox launch --package=org.anbox.appmgr --component=org.anbox.appmgr.AppViewActivity

Code:
[launch.cpp:214@operator()] Session manager failed to become ready

The logs suggest network bridge or lxc problem - it may be similar to this github issue.

It actually worked for me. I sometimes had scaling issues, where the screen seemed to be a few pixels above the touch input and text input seemed to input weird characters instead of what I typed (equals sign instead of backspace) but I've never had anbox work as good on any device before. Thanks!

So, even though it isn't working for you, we seem to be on the right track.
(04-13-2020, 03:24 PM)Boern Wrote: It actually worked for me. I sometimes had scaling issues, where the screen seemed to be a few pixels above the touch input and text input seemed to input weird characters instead of what I typed (equals sign instead of backspace) but I've never had anbox work as good on any device before. Thanks!

So, even though it isn't working for you, we seem to be on the right track.

That's good news, care to share a photo?  Smile

I had a similar input issue in retroarch - seems to be a squeekboard quirk.

I guess something is iffy with my setup so I may just need to flash the latest image. Otherwise, this github thread seems pretty close to my problem.
@a-wai this is probably very low on the to-do list, but in pmOS + Phosh build there is a settings option to change the wallpaper ... would be nice to have in this build too.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-13-2020, 04:13 PM)nas Wrote: That's good news, care to share a photo?  Smile

I could even set the German language. Of course, now that I want to take a screenshot of it I can't reproduce the bug with the messed up screen placement.

Ah, well, here's anbox running on the pinephone:

.png   2020-04-14-074843.png (Size: 185.46 KB / Downloads: 1,641)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1772]

And running the calculator app:

.png   2020-04-14-075057.png (Size: 53.76 KB / Downloads: 1,423)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1771]
Minor  annoyance :

Phone rings on full volume for incoming call,   while already on an existing call.

call waiting normally chirps or beeps when you get a second call.

I have not tried switching to the second incoming call,  ...   has someone else... I am curious  ?

>  Not complaining,   this is as it should be, except for it being a different 'ringtone'... ?

I would rather this than no notification of a second call.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 14 1,347 03-14-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Faded
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,423 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,064 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,814 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,826 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,202 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 159,015 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,231 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,039 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,645 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion