debian+phosh running on PinePhone
Hi, I try to use PP for connecting to whatsapp (bad word, I know ), navigation and photos. Did not manage to get any of those working yet.
Not a photo and not location via gps. Maybe someone could give a hint, where I could start. 
At this point I have setup pureMaps and OSMScout-Server,   I can confirm the abnormal heating up of the modem when downloading maps via OSMScout-Server over a certain time.
(04-10-2020, 05:12 AM)anjanmomi Wrote: I wrote the issue to request packaging gnome-authenticator. I learned how to package debian programs and wrote some packages for gnome-authenticator's dependencies. I got gnome-authenticator to compile. I need to read up on how to send the packages I made to you though. If you have a quick and dirty way, maybe I can send my work to you for you to build off when you have time.

Oh, great! I think the best is that you upload your work (source code, most notably the debian/ folder) to your gitlab/github account and post the link in the issue, so we can discuss it from there Smile
(04-10-2020, 03:30 PM)nas Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 05:31 AM)NotAus1 Wrote: Hi, I try to use PP for connecting to whatsapp (bad word, I know ), navigation and photos. Did not manage to get any of those working yet.
Not a photo and not location via gps. Maybe someone could give a hint, where I could start. 

The camera doesn't work currently but whatsapp-web might be possible.

For the maps issue, have you turned on location services in the privacy settings menu?

Web.whatsapp did not run in Firefox and the Gnome browser, but I installed and there it worked. But form factor was not optimal and performance was not idea neither.
is there any opportunity to have a "ctrl" and an "alt" key maybe in the terminal view of the squeekboard ?
That is to configure e.g. "ctrl +" and "ctrl -".  Or can I modify one of F1..F12 to function as "ctrl +" and "ctrl -" in a way ?
(04-12-2020, 10:31 AM)NotAus1 Wrote: is there any opportunity to have a "ctrl" and an "alt" key maybe in the terminal view of the squeekboard ?
That is to configure e.g. "ctrl +" and "ctrl -".  Or can I modify one of F1..F12 to function as "ctrl +" and "ctrl -" in a way ?

Depending on what you want tondo with alt or ctrl..
Some apps already have a F1..F12 shortcut.
Tell us more about what is missing.
Rico
just for testing, I have installed OffRoad (java app) that has these keys to control it. (e.g. ctrl +, ctrl - for zoom in and out).
(04-12-2020, 05:38 AM)Concrete_panda Wrote: Web.whatsapp did not run in Firefox and the Gnome browser, but I installed and there it worked. But form factor was not optimal and performance was not idea neither.

Whatsapp Web works quite well in qutebrowser. Desktop notifications don't work yet and it doesn't have pinch to zoom, but it's performant and the keyboard controls work quite well. And it's easy to add your own keybindings.

(04-12-2020, 10:31 AM)NotAus1 Wrote: is there any opportunity to have a "ctrl" and an "alt" key maybe in the terminal view of the squeekboard ?

Squeekboard doesn't support modifier keys yet. But they'r working on it.
A new release is available!

A few cosmetic details have changed ("King's Cross" now appears as "Terminal"), virtualization has been enabled in the kernel for those needing containers.
Finally, thanks to @rico we now have a network connection and serial console through USB! All you have to do to enable it is install the pinephone-devtools package, then reboot.

The serial console and network connection will be setup automatically on the phone side. On the host computer, you'll have to configure your network interface using the following commands:

Code:
sudo ip address add 10.0.0.1/8 dev enxfeeddeadbeef
sudo ip link set enxfeeddeadbeef up

Depending on your host system the interface name (enxfeeddeadbeef on my Debian) might be different, if that's the case simply replace it by your interface name.
The phone's IP is 10.0.0.2

One final note: installing the devtools also exports the eMMC as a USB mass storage device. However, when booting from eMMC this device will be read-only in order to make sure you don't break your filesystem, so don't be surprised if you can't write to it, or even mount it Wink
Thanks to you also.
We are now near a very good result, and a very big part of that result is your work.
I'll build it tomorrow morning as usual, test it again and read the logs on clean install.

I'll also try to write a few things on how to interact with the modules.
And to all my PinePhone friends, keep in mind it's still in development stage Wink
Do you guys have ideas how to make the volume buttons work?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 14 1,347 03-14-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Faded
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,423 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,064 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,814 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,829 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,202 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 159,029 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,231 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,041 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,645 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion