debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(03-19-2020, 05:40 AM)vinnie Wrote: - the calls work both outgoing and incoming, the audioo is not perfect (but I had launched an AT command with pmos and probably have to launch another one to compress the audio less)
- I can switch between the two speakers during the call
Oh wow, during calls the other person cannot hear me but I can hear them. I can't figure out why! Huh
Did you have to configure anything first? Did they work out of the box?
Did you build the image or download a premade one (if premade, which one?). I would like to know so I can have a phone that has bare minimum functionality. Thanks! Heart

(03-19-2020, 09:29 AM)buskmann Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 03:10 PM)buffer Wrote: tbh it's easier to use Jumpdrive after you build the image on a computer

Do you mean building the image to be the exact size of the drive?

I used Jumpdrive to flash it to the phones internal storage, and the partition is alot smaller then the drive:

NAME         MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk2      179:0    0 14.7G  0 disk
`-mmcblk2p1  179:1    0  3.7G  0 part /
mmcblk2boot0 179:32   0    4M  1 disk
mmcblk2boot1 179:64   0    4M  1 disk
Lol I just barely managed to type that tiny reply on my pinephone from within Firefox, and got tired...
I'm not sure about the keyboard layout question but I meant building the image on any laptop or desktop instead of on your PinePhone
As for the other errors, you can do <code>apt-cache search sfdisk</code>, and try installing what comes up, maybe you don't have fdisk installed. I know it shows sfdisk which is weird but on my Debian Buster I was able to do it.
Did you run sudo growpart? You'll need sudo for that.
In any case someone has added to the wiki, a much better method: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh...disk_space
Hohoho, time for me to rebuild and resize with the cleaner method. Just in case I )$*$*ed anything up that way.
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
[/quote]
Did you run sudo growpart? You'll need sudo for that.
[/quote]

Well this is starting to be a bit embarrassing.. Sudo was the solution. Haha..
Thanks a lot for the help! Big Grin
About hotspot :

I'm still working on, i had a kernel issue.
a-wai explained how fixing this (thanks again)

Current hotspot needs iptables and dnsmasq, we'll add this when everythings gonna be ok.

Work In Progress.
(03-19-2020, 05:40 AM)vinnie Wrote: ...

Trouble:
- mobile data not working, if I activate the switch the call signal goes away too (do I have to give some command at to activate the modem?)

It seems to me mobile data stability has regressed significantly. I am virtually unable to get it to work myself now whereas a week or so ago it just worked out of the box from Settings. Now disabling WiFi (which is useful to establish if mobile data is working) means the phone has a tendency to enable Airplane mode - you have to keep checking that is not the case.

Something else I have noticed is that 1 of my SIMs (3 UK) seems to have onboard APN definitions and is more likely to work. The other (Virgin UK) does not so I can define goto.virginmobile.uk as the APN but it seems to be less happy to actually try connect for mobile data.

I am not sure if this is something about power saving on the modem - my display spends a lot more time showing 3G connection (despite the fact I can throw a stone at a 4G mast!) Forcing the network selection to 4G seems to keep the display (top status line) consistently on 4G even when there is no connection!

I struggle to define when and what things went backwards as the SIM I mostly have in my PP does not consistently have any data allowance.

At the moment my best guess is the root cause is disabling WiFi is not handled gracefully: if I enable WiFi the mobile data status seems stable and as expected but of course can not be tested!

Code:
~$ ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
2: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
      valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
3: wwan0: <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
   link/none
   inet 10.101.207.56/28 brd 10.101.207.63 scope global noprefixroute wwan0
      valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
PS - it seems if I start with WiFi enabled, setup mobile data, then disable WiFi, mobile data works fine until I reboot.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
  Would it be OK  to install Synaptic ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-20-2020, 03:57 PM)bcnaz Wrote:   Would it be OK  to install Synaptic ?

You can install it, but it wont run on Wayland Big Grin
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-20-2020, 04:26 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 03:57 PM)bcnaz Wrote:   Would it be OK  to install Synaptic ?

You can install it, but it wont run on Wayland Big Grin

AWW !

I am Disappointed.

but,  Thanks for the response
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I installed MATE desktop and would like to try it. But what command do I need to switch from PHOSH to MATE?

Many thanks.
Are you using auto-log-in ?
Seems to me when using GUI, you can make the choice at the log-in screen ... ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-20-2020, 05:27 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Are you using auto-log-in ?
Seems to me when using GUI, you can make the choice at the log-in screen ...  ?

In Settings, "Automatic Login" is greyed out and cannot be enabled (unless there is an unlock button somewheree off the screen).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,515 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,454 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,107 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,915 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,400 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,250 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,061 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion