debian+phosh running on PinePhone
Cosmetic fixes will come.
But not now i'm afraid.
The most important is to have everything working well under.
Before, the engine, and after the paint.
(03-14-2020, 01:09 PM)rico Wrote: ....Before, the engine, and after the paint.

I'm sure I will, but it wasn't a request but just an information ;-)
RE: the March 14 release, I turned on the 'Hot Spot' my Laptop was able to see and connect to it.
However, the phone turned off the hot spot after just a few minutes, and then the wifi also stopped working on the phone.

After a re-flash of the SD card the wifi worked again, until I tried the Hot Spot again....
Turning off the hotspot, the phone no longer see's the home wifi, but it is still in the wifi history.. just no longer 'visible'

( Going to go back and 'play with' the March 09 release for a while )
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-14-2020, 04:58 PM)bcnaz Wrote: RE:  the March 14 release,  I turned on the 'Hot Spot'  my Laptop was able to see and connect to it.
 However, the phone turned off the hot spot after just a few minutes, and then the wifi also stopped working on the phone.

After a re-flash of the SD card the wifi worked again,  until I tried the Hot Spot again....  
Turning off the hotspot, the phone no longer see's the home wifi,  but it is still in the wifi history.. just no longer 'visible'

( Going to go back and 'play with' the March 09 release for a while )

There's an issue on Gitlab about that.
I added some details yesterday.

https://gitlab.com/a-wai/debos-pinephone/-/issues/8
(03-14-2020, 12:07 PM)chris_02 Wrote: Some applications are no longer dimensioned correctly (e.g. calendar, software, software &updates)
Regarding calendar, this is "normal", it has always been this way, it needs to be converted to an adaptive UI.
Reverted gnome-software to the previous version, as it was more usable iirc (you might need to uninstall it and then install task-pinephone-phosh again).

New image is available, with the initramfs generation fixed (no need to run zz-u-boot after update-initramfs anymore), and bluetooth should now be working Smile
(many thanks to @rico for his work on enabling bluetooth)
   Question regarding using 'Hot Spot' :

I assumed it was a software problem that is seems to drop my hot spot connection
just seconds after I connect my laptop.

But I just noticed my mobile data is not working when I attempt to use the browser with the wifi turned off. ?

I copied the Access Points information from the BLU cell phone I removed the sim card from.

Name:  AT&T
APN :   phone

This Pinephone can call out and receive voice calls and it can send and receive texts. 
 (This sim card is still using the same phone number as before)

The BLU cell phone worked great for mobile data and hot spot connections.

Am I missing something ? 

or is this operating system just not quite ready yet ?

Thanks !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
My build works well except hotspot too.
But it's not a full build.

Do you have dnsmasq installed ?
I had to add it to make my hotspot work.

Even with that the connection is dropped but the hotspot now stay, that's a great step Smile
I'll check that after work.
I've finally gotten around to installing Debian+Phosh on my SD card. I can't figure out how to send SMS. Are there there any tricks I need to do? In the chat app, I hit the new message button and it doesn't give me the ability to enter a number or select a contact.
Hi,

I think there may be a new bug with the latest image, I used to be able to add a Nextcloud account and add the remote Calendars from it. But when I try to add the remote Calendars they are not there, when I go to the offline accounts the Nextcloud one I set up has been forgotten? Was able to connect a Bluetooth mouse to the Pinephone which was fun, keep up the great work!

J
Maybe an issue with gnome keyring
I saw something in my logs this morning.
May be related, i'll check that tonight.

For the mouse Yesss ! Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,450 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,911 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,349 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,249 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion