debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(03-10-2020, 04:01 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: I used my login name and password, it says it's connected but I still cannot see any Telegram messages, did I set it up wrong?
It doesn't get your Telegram history, however you should be able to see your Telegram contacts in the contacts list and start a chat with them.

(03-10-2020, 05:51 AM)murak Wrote: USB OTG and even attaching a USB hub as a dock is something I long for so I gently wonder if this is a feature that you, @a-wai , is considering to pursue?
This is definitely something I'd like to support yes, just lacking the time to get into it right now Wink
(03-09-2020, 11:44 AM)saba Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 11:20 AM)parkerwb Wrote: I'm just having the worst luck. New 20200309 image just endlessly boots to splash screen, lights up the LED and then just does it again. Will try ./build.sh.

Does anyone have any US carriers that they can confirm SIM working with
on my first boot it was on the splash screen a long time so i turned it off and restarted.   then it booted fully

worked fine for me, and works on AT&T
(03-10-2020, 02:57 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 02:21 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: No sound or notification however, can send and receive. I tried playing with sound settings, sound comes out of the speaker but not from texts
You can manually enable (text) notifications for each chat by going to "Chat details", but this is far from being user-friendly, it would be useful to hack chatty to enable all notifications by default
Here is my hack for SMS Alerts on PureOS. I would imagine it should also work on Debian+Phosh
https://github.com/pine-clover/text-ding/
(03-10-2020, 02:57 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 11:57 PM)rmgr Wrote: While I'm asking questions - can it create a hotspot?
In theory it shouldn't be really difficult to enable, I guess all the plumbing is there and it should only be a matter of installing hostapd and maybe a few other packages (haven't looked into it yet, so can't confirm for now)

I installed hostapd and can enable hotspot just fine. But... some background task (?networkmanager?) is still scanning periodically for WiFi connections the PinePhone can connect to. Next time after enabling hotspot it does a scan it also disables hotspot Sad

BTW - it is staggering to think of the progress of BraveHeart images in the last 30 days - I have been going round in circles and currently have this image on my eMMC, thank you & keep up the good work
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-10-2020, 12:39 PM)clover Wrote: Here is my hack for SMS Alerts on PureOS. I would imagine it should also work on Debian+Phosh
https://github.com/pine-clover/text-ding/

That's an interesting hack, thanks for sharing! However, I'd rather go for a more elegant solution (no offense) such as feedbackd... I thought I had it installed by default, but it turns out I was wrong.

Anyway, everyone with the latest image should now be an "apt upgrade" away from sound notifications for text messages Wink

(03-10-2020, 06:27 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: I installed hostapd and can enable hotspot just fine. But... some background task (?networkmanager?) is still scanning periodically for WiFi connections the PinePhone can connect to. Next time after enabling hotspot it does a scan it also disables hotspot Sad

Hmmm, that's disappointing... Can you please log an issue on gitlab for this?
(03-11-2020, 03:19 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 06:27 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: I installed hostapd and can enable hotspot just fine. But... some background task (?networkmanager?) is still scanning periodically for WiFi connections the PinePhone can connect to. Next time after enabling hotspot it does a scan it also disables hotspot Sad

Hmmm, that's disappointing... Can you please log an issue on gitlab for this?

Done. I tried to record a video & attach it but failed as can't shrink it under 10Mb. Hopefully the words make sense.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-11-2020, 03:19 AM)a-wai Wrote: That's an interesting hack, thanks for sharing! However, I'd rather go for a more elegant solution (no offense) such as feedbackd... I thought I had it installed by default, but it turns out I was wrong.

Anyway, everyone with the latest image should now be an "apt upgrade" away from sound notifications for text messages Wink
No offense taken. I don't claim to be a linux expert that is just the result of me fiddling around, and i realize its not perfect. im glad there is a more elegant solution now.. is it the new feedbackd update? unfortunately when i did an apt upgrade i got:

Code:
Errors were encountered while processing:

/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-W0BJ5p/10-feedbackd-common_0.0.0+git20200304_arm64.deb
(03-04-2020, 06:11 AM)harvey186 Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 02:56 AM)lapinus Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 06:45 AM)harvey186 Wrote:
Code:
ps -aux | less

and then type sudo kill (weston pid)

won't work, because you don't have access to keyboard. Don't know if it will work via ssh.

It does via ssh. I do it all the time in ssh. Also, usb otg doesn't work yet AFAIK
(02-04-2020, 01:20 PM)a-wai Wrote: Hi there!

As a long-time debian user, and being quite impressed with the looks of the Librem 5 software, I've been hacking a debian-based image for the Pinephone.
It uses phosh as the UI, packed with a few apps (not all are usable on the phone's screen)

Don't expect more from it than any other Pinephone distro out there can deliver, most features don't work yet and the phone feels really slow, but I believe this is a good starting point, as the display, touchscreen and wifi work (mostly) fine Smile

For those wanting to try it out, just click on this link.

Default username is "debian" with password "1234"; default root password is "root".

@harvey186 has started a list of working/non-working apps, you can view and edit it here.

More details (and the debos recipes used to build this image) can be found on gitlab.
Contributions are more than welcome Smile

Finally, kudos to the "low level software" team for the awesome work on the kernel and bootloader!
     March 09, 2020 version :

Downloaded to SD card and a lot of the stuff just works....
 Phone voice calls !
    Can hear and be heard !
   Could use a little more volume, and speaker phone is not working yet.
   Texting works !
        Needs a little refining,  but it does Function.

Tried to do a 'software Update'  and it seemed to hang at 39%  ?
    (Phone is getting 'HOT'  screen blacked-out,  I will give it a few more minutes, then may need to do hard reset pulling battery)

add :
Did a hard reset, and it seems to be stuck at the start-up screen...
but Debian does do it's update downloads at the start-up screen, sooo perhaps it is still 'updating' ?

to be continued....
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Right, looks like feedbackd broke the upgrade process...

As a workaround, here's what you can do:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt remove feedbackd
sudo apt install task-pinephone-phosh

That should (hopefully) solve the issue Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,517 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,459 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,107 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,924 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,864 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,218 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,515 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,252 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,066 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,680 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion