No shipping email? March delivery now confirmed
Hey guys,

Just wanted to create a new thread to confirm the information I have received about my PinePhone.

I ordered on Jan 7 2020 and received an email that day with my order number.

I have received nothing since.

In my other thread we discovered that there are other people in the same situation. Several who ordered in January, and some who ordered right back in November.

We got information that "about 80 PinePhones were left in the warehouse due to a problem with mailing labels not being printed". These were apparently all ordered after January 5 2020.

I also got an official response from a support ticket I sent to Pine:

"Please to inform you that the PinePhone ordered at January 2020, is estimate to be dispatch at around mid/end of February.

Also, we will provide the tracking number once available."

So my phone has not been shipped and won't be until mid/end of February, so arrival won't be before mid-March. No reason was given, officially they were supposed to be shipped in January and now that has slipped to the end of February with no notice.

This is disappointing to say the least as otherwise Pine have been so impressive to me.

So I can only assume that if you haven't received any update after your order confirmation email, then you won't receive your PinePhone until March now.

Don't get me wrong I'm still a huge supporter of Pine, and I really hope the PinePhone succeeds in changing hearts and minds about the possibility of a popular Linux phone in the coming years. I really do wish them all the best, though I have been burnt here somewhat.

My advice to them would be simple, be 100% transparent and clear about shipping, even when delays are present. I know in China/Hong Kong things are a little on edge right now with the virus. I also know Chinese New Year is clearly a very important time, and so work might be less of a priority. The right thing to do would have been to confirm on Jan 24th, that X amount of PinePhones still had not been shipped due to reason X or Y (they have this info clearly, or could do an easy database lookup), and would not be until late Feb. I would have been sad but I would accepted that mistakes happen. This week of no information is just frustrating, and entirely unneccessary.

I was going to order a PineBook, but now I've decided to wait until my PinePhone has arrived, trust has been lost slightly.

But anyway, I just want to confirm I'm still a big fan, and I'm not mad, just gutted that's all! I'm a software dev/tinkerer and was looking forward to being 'the first' to do something on the PinePhone. Now others will get a 2 month headstart on me.
Yes, having info is always better vs not knowing if you've been forgotten or order has been lost or email never made it to your inbox.

Thanks for the update, I hope Pine would update everyone proactively.
If you bothered to go to the main website (https://pine64.org) you’d see they’re on holiday for Chinese New Year and warn you that support will be delayed until the holiday is over. Several people have been complaining about this on various platforms. Everything in China comes to a stand still for the new year. Been that way forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-31-2020, 11:20 AM)Neat Wrote: If you bothered to go to the main website (https://pine64.org) you’d see they’re on holiday for Chinese New Year and warn you that support will be delayed until the holiday is over. Several people have been complaining about this on various platforms. Everything in China comes to a stand still for the new year. Been that way forever.

You're missing the point, as if you didn't read the original post. Shipment was promised before CNY, with no noted exceptions. Now we're finding out there was a batch that wasn't shipped. Thanks to this poster, those of us previously in the dark have some information as to why we haven't received any shipment emails yet (not that any communication was expected through CNY).

I'm disappointed as well, mainly because I'm using a crappy, half-working phone until this shows up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4G VoLTE calls confirmed working with carrier x dcinoz 15 11,118 03-09-2024, 11:38 PM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders 3x5co 5 3,884 01-10-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: 3x5co
  Shipping Updates curtisg 0 736 07-26-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: curtisg
  High shipping costs Peter Gamma 18 13,227 06-06-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,880 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Shipping to Russia in 2021 cyberpunk_on_pinephone 8 8,001 12-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hyperkahler
  Shipping estimate unrealb2 12 8,259 09-11-2021, 11:02 PM
Last Post: ryo
Thumbs Down Extreme disappointement with Pine's shipping department disappointment 26 15,764 09-11-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Pinephone shipping to UK nb8550 2 2,636 09-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: User 22018
  Shipping stuck on creating label, tracking complaints wizardofthemodem 3 3,409 05-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: zvand