Wifi problem
Same, wifi failed. Tried to get bluetooth into discoverable and a web search indicated to turn off wifi. Did. Didn't help get bluetooth discoverable. Followed PinePhoneCoders advice and it worked. But, trying to hit the back arrow I inadvertently turned off the wifi and it's not reconnecting. Might write a .sh with the commands but really wish I had bluetooth to use a keyboard. Would like to ssh in too.

soyrunner
When using the SD card to run the phone, it seems some of the errors are persistent...
Re-flashing the SD card has been helpful for me.

The wifi seems to work great on the first 'set-up' I ran it for hours.

but playing in the settings I lost it, and after much fiddling I could not get it back.

A quick re-flash of the SD card, and it was up and running fine again
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-11-2020, 01:40 AM)bcnaz Wrote: When using the SD card to run the phone, it seems some of the errors are persistent...
  Re-flashing the SD card has been helpful for me.

The wifi seems to work great on the first 'set-up' I ran it for hours.

but playing in the settings I lost it,  and after much fiddling I could not get it back.

A quick re-flash of the SD card,  and it was up and running fine again

sudo nmcli radio wifi off
sudo nmcli radio wifi on
sudo reboot now    // sudo  poweroff

This worked for me as PinePhoneCoder said. It´s not necessary to reinstall.

Wifi goes away itself or activating airplane mode, deactivating wifi... It´s a well known bug of ubports. Hope fix soon
(01-30-2020, 02:21 PM)murak Wrote: I have no solution, but I can link to the ubports support forum:

https://forums.ubports.com/category/37/support

Good luck!

I tried registering with ubports but they never sent the confirmation email.

I did download #217 and there were a few aborted attempts.

I have been trying to download #219 but using firefox and also with chrome, downloads were aborted.  Just now I succeeded with wget --https-only from https://ci.ubports.com/job/..etc   The download was interrupted 6 or 7 times but rasperian wget would report the specific read error and non-properly terminated TLS connection then resume were it left off after a couple of seconds. 

I wonder if ubports could offer their daily revisions as bittorrent.  I'd ask there but haven't gotten the registration email.

soyrunner

Nuts. Tested the .gz with 7zip and it fails. No errors in the #217.gz tho.
Running #219, was getting wifi failures. SSH'd in. Did an apt-get update, apt-get upgrade. Set the hwclock, set the date, hwclock --show give correct time and date. Reboot, wakes up, shows correct time, then doesn't. It's off by 5 hours. Go to the set time in system and it's ignored. But the reboot did reconnect to the wifi without having to run nmcli.

-------------

Not sure how I fixed it. Time zone is UTC UTC-5. Previously this didn't dictate the taskbar time as that was 5 hours off. In ssh terminal as root, I set the hwclock for the present time and made sure time zone was set for New_York. Previously this didn't fix it either. But this time I rebooted after checking Automatically in System->Time and Date and did reboot from ssh. Pinephone did reboot and this time came up with and kept the right time in the taskbar.
Too bad no resize2fs nor growpart in the repository.
I think I'm having the same problem. Wifi was working without me having to do anything. Updates just worked, for instance. I ssh'ed to the phone, which is waaaaay nicer than trying to deal with that virtual keyboard. So far so good.

Then I had to go do something else, came back, started playing with hotspot settings. My laptop could connect to the phone but nothing actually sees the web, including ping at the command line. I was trying to figure out why and saw that wifi was now off. Aargh. Will try the workaround above, but this is obviously an issue if other parts of the system randomly kill wifi when they feel like it!

Yup, killing off and restarting wifi and rebooting has things back to where they were. The IP when it's working is 172.xx.xx.x. And when it stopped working the IP was listed as 10.xx.x.xxx. fwiw. May not be relevant at all.

So then I tried to turn on hotspot again, and it instantly clobbered the wifi. Did the exact same switcheroo on the IP

Kind of counterproductive since a hotspot without wifi can't be a hotspot ... Confused

Saved the wifi radio stop - start - and reboot command to a script, so it's less of a bother getting it restarted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS: Mobian Bookworm, Phosh. Pinephone Braveheart from 2020-02-11
sudo nmcli radio all off
sudo rmmod 8723cs
sudo modprobe 8723cs
sudo nmcli radio all on

Works without reboot
Hi All!

I have a very strange issue: my wifi does not seem to work at all.
I did all the commands about enabling and when I tell the phone nmcli r, it says wifi is enabled and working. But when I try to scan for networks that I get operation not allowed.

Any idea from anyone? So the wifi never worked to be honest.
No reboot needed. See:
https://gitlab.com/ubports/community-por..._296549402

Worked for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to tell CRUST to leave the wifi alone? Athansor 5 7,638 09-25-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Boot source problem. Issue confirmed. Thread renamed. Cree 2 3,754 08-26-2020, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Cree
  Any chance that we get WiFi texting/calling on UT? ragreenburg 0 2,092 08-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  wifi does not work - authentication problem? pphone-newbie 7 8,899 07-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Cree
  Cellular switch (sw1) causes wifi to stop working blihp 4 6,045 07-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: blihp
  5Ghz Wifi Question LMalilil 3 5,733 07-10-2020, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hiimtye
  How to disable wifi MAC address randomization? dr.diesel 0 2,380 06-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: dr.diesel
  Dev 27 killed my Wifi Concrete_panda 1 2,623 05-18-2020, 12:09 PM
Last Post: colin hodsdon