Coronavirus outbrake impact on PINE64
curious to know the pros and cons of using distributors in primary consumer locations, like usa and europe. that would allow for batch wholesale and inventory retention.
(02-21-2020, 08:28 AM)ab1jx Wrote: Here's a computer science application for you, write a simulator that stops a virus using only quarantine and see how long it takes.  Remember the game of life simulator?  Every active case has to be quarantined but it may take 2 weeks after exposure before symptoms show.  The number of people each potential case could contact in 2 weeks is large making face masks a necessity.  And staying at home.

I waited about 2 months for mine, it was worth it.  Anybody notice the virus effect on Bitcoin prices?

It's almost enough to make a case for having a few resellers.  If you want an Odroid from Korea, you can buy one instead from Ameridroid in the US which buys them in batches and maintains a stock.  Faster and cheaper since it's cheaper to ship them overseas in case lots.  I think the price per machine was up about $5 each but the shipping was about $20 cheaper so it made up for it.

Ameridroid stocks Pine64 products as well. I got my last rock64 from them.
Any update as to how long the quarantine in Hong Kong will last? If PBP shipping starts after ANSI models are produced, will it be possible to change my order from ISO to an ANSI?

Thank you
The quarantine in HK is probably going to be a lot longer than the Chinese government is gong to let anyone know. Italy just did a quarantine of 16 million people in the northern part of the county.
(03-08-2020, 08:36 PM)KNERD Wrote: The quarantine in HK is probably going to be a lot longer than the Chinese government is gong to let anyone know. Italy just did a quarantine of 16 million people in the northern part of the county.

The cross border ban starts on February 8 and sets for 3 months period, this means the ban will be expired automatically on May 7. However, situation keep changing and hope for the best.
We should in fact hope for the best. It looks like business in Shenzhen has resumed, judging from the Shipping Dates. This is a good indication. However, many coronavirus cases are being reported in other countries e.g. Italy. I have my fingers crossed.
By the way, has production resumed in Shenzhen?
(03-10-2020, 09:25 AM)decisivedove Wrote: We should in fact hope for the best. It looks like business in Shenzhen has resumed, judging from the Shipping Dates. This is a good indication. However, many coronavirus cases are being reported in other countries e.g. Italy. I have my fingers crossed.
By the way, has production resumed in Shenzhen?

Production is at approx. 20% optimal capacity and the border to Hong Kong is still closed (until May).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I just read there are 20-odd candidate vaccines, there's debate on how much to test them https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...SKBN20Y1GZ

There''s a list of clinical trials of vaccines and such at https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?c...k=2#rowId1 maintained by the US National Library of Medicine.  Many are in China, the list has about doubled in 2 weeks.
I just received a confirmation code for my order of my PBP.
I also got a PBP order confirmation from DHL about an hour ago. How could this be? I thought Hong Kong was still under quarantine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,644 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
Information FOSDEM 2018 Blog! New PINE64 Boards, Upcoming Hardware and Much More! Luke 2 49,892 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 4 Feb @ 8PM tllim 22 33,904 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 Kickstarter pineadmin 0 8,249 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Last Post: pineadmin