Coronavirus outbrake impact on PINE64
While I am sympathetic to national health concerns in China, I expected an automated confirmation of the order from Pine64, and an estimate of when to expect having it shipped with thought given to any delays. A specific warning to new orders before being sent to the payment processor would have been appropriate. Once my payment was processed Pine64 came under obligation to me. If I have to wait 6 weeks, I'm ok with that but need to know. Being given contingency options and updates specific to my order, even if automated, goes a long ways towards galvanizing loyal customers.
Quartz64, RockPro64, PinePhone Mobian, PineBook Pro, PineTime, and all the trimmings that make FOSS fun.
(02-10-2020, 01:36 PM)MNtinkerer Wrote: While I am sympathetic to national health concerns in China, I expected an automated confirmation of the order from Pine64, and an estimate of when to expect having it shipped with thought given to any delays. A specific warning to new orders before being sent to the payment processor would have been appropriate. Once my payment was processed Pine64 came under obligation to me. If I have to wait 6 weeks, I'm ok with that but need to know. Being given contingency options and updates specific to my order, even if automated, goes a long ways towards galvanizing loyal customers.

You realize this is not Amazon right? I'm sure you will get your product, just have patience. My advice is to set your expectations lower for a company who doesn't even seem to make a profit from the extremely important products they are providing.
Greetings!
i tried ordering a PBP every day for a week now. at first it said 'try again in 3 days', now it just says 'out of stock'. I'd appreciate any info on whether this is due to the Corona-virus or the current batch being sold out. I don't mind waiting, I'd just like to place the order so I can stop obsessing over it.

thanks to pine64 for the outstanding work they do for the community!
It;'s due to the coronavirus.

That is why I asked about them possibly looking into getting things manufactured in other countries as China is not the only place you can get electronics manufactured.
To the poster who had his for sale for $200.00 plus shipping, there was a link but it's dead. Is that PBP still available? Thanks
So, what does that mean for the PinePhone Germany batch? Can it still be shipped as soon as the CE certificates arrive or do we have to wait for that and for Corona to be contained?
I want to be careful here, as I know the way excitement can turn to negativity when something cool is delayed or made unavailable, but my personal experience with Pine has only been excellent. My PBP screen came scratched. Not unusable, but noticeable. I submitted a ticket asking what my options were and the first response was that a new screen was on its way. This is a community-focused organization and from its words to its actions, Pine seems to live up to the hype.

On top of that, remember that Pine got multiple PBP shipments out of Hong Kong during the riots. Pine works around obstacles - if they can't work around the Coronavirus outbreak, please remember that these are still people and their health should be number 1. The HK situation shows they don't stop for partial blockers.

To the Pine team, your health should be the priority. Stay safe.
@Boern The German batch is already ready for shipment, they're waiting for CE certification.
Does anyone know whether the Pinebook Support team has returned to work? I have a ticket that has been open for nearly a month.
"Does anyone know whether the Pinebook Support team has returned to work? I have a ticket that has been open for nearly a month. "

I have no idea however recently I have seen youtubers such as LearnLinuxTV releasing unboxing videos on Feb 10 and he is based in the united states. I am not sure how he was able to obtain this product since I have ordered mine roughly 1 month ago with no shipping order and no confirmation that my product will be shipping soon. If pine64 is truly bottlenecked by this virus, how was LearnLinuxTV able to receive his order?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,645 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
Information FOSDEM 2018 Blog! New PINE64 Boards, Upcoming Hardware and Much More! Luke 2 49,892 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 4 Feb @ 8PM tllim 22 33,905 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 Kickstarter pineadmin 0 8,249 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Last Post: pineadmin