Coronavirus outbrake impact on PINE64
Hello, is this impacting delivery of other products? I ordered some adapters almost two weeks ago and haven't received a tracking code or update yet.
Chinese new year until 02/10
Searching can find lots of stuff, this piece isn't bad https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/heal...568266002/  When searching for true knowledge I usually distrust .com sites because I don't want to hear from people motivated by profit.

I was curious about the timeline/progress of developing a vaccine.

I was wondering if this can be spread by contact with inanimate objects, but no, it only lives a few hours at most.  So this is a cold I'm experiencing playing with my Pinebook Pro.  I also buy stuff on Aliexpress fairly often.  WHO's section on it https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases...virus-2019

Study the symptoms, there are cases just about everywhere.  [Image: 03afcf53-4098-444d-8dfe-7434cf769971-012...Online.png]
There have been some possible leaks that this is much worse than the Chinese government is really letting on. So it could mean another month, or more of delays?

Any thoughts of having things manufactured in other countries?

Some years ago, I saw where some university grad students had a custom made CPU manufactured in Mexico due to the close proximity of the university to there.
My friends told me fact the Ireland more control (or even hold on for a while?) some shipment from China (or even Asia). Source of above information.
P.S. Here is a directly link to information about Coronavirus wrote by HSE: HSE about Coronavirus.
>but no, it only lives a few hours at most
Alas, no, a german researcher now says "up to 9 days"
Alcohol is not very effective on virus, UV or bleach MUCH better
Source on that: https://www.uni-greifswald.de/universita...iert-60251 (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...via%3Dihub).

(just stumbled upon it here; I like having sources for things…)

Anyway: 

Quote:Tests mit verschiedensten Desinfektionslösungen zeigten, dass Mittel auf der Basis von Ethanol, Wasserstoffperoxid oder Natriumhypochlorit gegen die Coronaviren gut wirksam sind.

Bleach, hydrogen proxide or alcohol/ethanol.

It's just isopropyl alcohol which is less effective for some virii (I could dig up the research on that, if anyone cared).

What matters, though, is time: just spraying stuff on and wiping it off isn't enough, things (like skin) need to remain wet for 1:30+ minutes to sufficiently target virii.
Guys, I appreciate that the nature of the Coronavirus is interesting to some, but we need to keep this on topic - namely: how does the pandemic affect production and shipping schedules of PINE64 devices.

[edit] I'll know myself how things look on Feb 10th, and will update this thread accordingly.

There are better forums for discussing the nature of the virus and its spread - I linked WHO's forums in the OP ... this wasn't snarky, there is a good discussion on there.
Thanks.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

It is the 10th Feb, and I have not yet received a dispatch notification for my Rock Pro 64 and accessories.

Are you dispatching today or has there been a further delay?

Do you actually have the boards in stock just waiting to be packed up and sent out the door, or are you waiting for them to be manufactured, or on other supply chain issues?
(02-10-2020, 06:13 AM)chrestomanci Wrote: It is the 10th Feb, and I have not yet received a dispatch notification for my Rock Pro 64 and accessories.

Are you dispatching today or has there been a further delay?

Do you actually have the boards in stock just waiting to be packed up and sent out the door, or are you waiting for them to be manufactured, or on other supply chain issues?

Accordingly to the Situation in China its time to be patient.
Hope they all stay well and safe over there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,648 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
Information FOSDEM 2018 Blog! New PINE64 Boards, Upcoming Hardware and Much More! Luke 2 49,893 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 4 Feb @ 8PM tllim 22 33,905 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 Kickstarter pineadmin 0 8,250 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Last Post: pineadmin