Blank Screen after reboot
I'm trying to install manjaro onto my pbp.  I flashed to SD card and that worked. Then I tried flashing the emmc installer to mmcblk1 t(SD card)rebooting and I am met with a blank screen.  Did I overwrite the wrong file?  Fdisk showed mmcblk1 as 14gb and that's what I tried flashing to.  How can I resolve this?  Is there a way to wipe the system and start new? Thanks so much.
I'm not sure what happened, but yes, you can start over by wiping the eMMC from a bootable Manjaro SD. You can do it through the terminal or a partition manager. It'll probably show up as an SD in a GUI partition manager.
if you still have the sdcard install, boot to that and try again. probably reread the instructions from manjaro.

if you don't have that sdcard install any longer you'll need to make that again.
I have the sd install on the card and still won't boot. I'm thinking I have to wipe the card and try again? Card should have both SD and emmc img on it.
(01-26-2020, 05:32 PM)tophneal Wrote: I'm not sure what happened, but yes, you can start over by wiping the eMMC from a bootable Manjaro SD. You can do it through the terminal or a partition manager. It'll probably show up as an SD in a GUI partition manager.
Thanks!
Does the Manjaro have the boot software within it, as the OEM (mrfixit) Debian does ?
OR When you install a new OS, should it be to a certain place or point on the eMMC ?
? IF you completely wipe your eMMC, you will be erasing the boot info on the eMMC, that is where it specifies the SD card boots first ?
The boards default boot order is different though I do not remember what it is, it is listed in the wiki

Just asking....
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I believe I wiped my emmc that's why I'm experiencing a blank screen. Anyone know how I can resolve? Thanks.
It will not boot with your Manjaro SD card anymore ?

Perhaps (just guessing here) try using the mrfixit OEM Debian on a SD card ?

Just to see if it will at least boot ?

I know others are running Manjaro, but maybe your copy did not include the boot instructions, or there is a place you should have installed to the eMMC without
completely wiping everything from the original eMMC ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
The emmc should have been wiped for proper installation, and Manjaro includes uboot files with SD taking priority (btw SoC order is emmc, SD, then mask rom.)

Which version of Manjaro did you choose? XFCe actually has a known issue of doing this on first boot and requires hitting ESC.
I have plasma on the sd card. I also have the sd img on the card and neither boot. Should I DD the emmc img into a new SD card and try booting from there? Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 275 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 272 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Black screen by start up bluedemon382 10 2,902 07-27-2023, 07:49 AM
Last Post: dstallmo
  PBP blank screen after updating Manjaro Franko 6 1,963 04-01-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: hacknix
  PBP green LED works but blank display. frerebo 1 855 02-22-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Question Pinebook Pro shows only bright white screen when powered on Sean Whitton 3 1,952 07-22-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,063 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Looking for Screen LCD Panel for the Pinebook Pro gerstavros 3 2,714 05-09-2022, 05:53 AM
Last Post: gerstavros
  Putting my screen on TV S265 6 4,696 10-07-2021, 08:00 PM
Last Post: ajawadmahmoud
  Vertical Grey Bars on PBP Reboot MickTheGeek 5 4,788 06-04-2021, 02:43 AM
Last Post: dsimic