PinePhone - no shipment email - ordered Jan 7 - anyone else?
(02-01-2020, 12:20 AM)tllim Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 01:34 PM)surfingtux Wrote: I ordered 15.11. which was the first day when PinePhone appeared to the webshop.
I have not received any email after that. I thought I would possibly be in the first batch but maybe I am in that missing label batch.

Time seems to go slowly when waiting something interesting. Smile

Please email sales at sales@pine64.org.

Never got a reply from sales, but I did finally receive my PinePhone, so there is hope! Its probably just emails not making it through for some reason.

@surfingtux, don't despair, and I hope you get yours soon!
There is nobody to answer your mails right now. China seems to be more or less on lockdown until at least February 10th because of the coronavirus. Everything is closed.
(01-25-2020, 06:58 AM)ozzeruk Wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm as excited as the next person about getting my BH PinePhone. I've watched as people have announced getting their shipment emails through.

I know the big deadline for Chinese New Year was Jan 25th. I'm still without my shipment email - I ordered the phone on January 7th and have my order confirmation email and number.

I'm not in Germany (Spain to be precise).

My question is - is there anyone else in the same situation? On the Pine64 Discord I was told to give it until later today then send a support ticket.

First I wanted to check if I'm one of dozens? If not then maybe it's just some issue with my particular order.

Sorry to be that annoying "where is it?" person.

Oli
It may be a while, be patient. I ordered mine the day they opened up orders in November, it shipped on Jan 17, and it arrived on Feb 4.  Tracking is almost nonexistant, so don't expect to be able to rely on the tracking number they send you until well after it leaves China.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.
(02-04-2020, 05:38 PM)pajux Wrote: Never got a reply from sales, but I did finally receive my PinePhone, so there is hope! Its probably just emails not making it through for some reason.

Yes I received reply from sales and actually phone was at customs - so I received mine! Smile
(02-13-2020, 06:03 AM)surfingtux Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 05:38 PM)pajux Wrote: Never got a reply from sales, but I did finally receive my PinePhone, so there is hope! Its probably just emails not making it through for some reason.

Yes I received reply from sales and actually phone was at customs - so I received mine! Smile

I did get a reply from sales - ironically after I received my phone. But good that shipments are happening and phone are arriving!
I have received my PinePhone today (Friday).

It is in my country since 4th and customs was really slower than a snail (I had also another package from China which was a few days slower but that case that was under the limit)... naturally, I had to pay for PinePhone.

So far factory tests ran well and I have installed PostMarket OS (not tried other distributions yet).
Just to update this post, it's now April 8th, and no, I still don't have my PinePhone.

However:

2020-03-12 13:30

Accepted, Your shipment has been received at the point of origin

On March 12th it looks like it was posted in Hong Kong.

2020-03-27 00:53

Arrival at the exchange office, The shipment has arrived at the international logistics centre of the destination for delivery

On March 27th it was in Europe and presumably heading for Spain.

I know the Pine team said that they had chosen this delivery company as it was 'a bit cheaper' than the others. Big mistake. Please, never do that again. Honestly I would have paid double the delivery fee just to have some more frequent updates. I think delivery was 15 euros, but I'd have paid 40-50 to get a reliable information stream and location info. At least give us the choice in the future.

I don't know whether I'll have to pay any import duties when it arrives - I'm guessing so as since about a year ago that has begun to happen a lot with Aliexpress orders and other international deliveries. Of course paying that isn't the issue, it's the 'handling fee' that DHL etc charge to charge you the fee. Often 20 euros, which is daylight robbery.

I know with Covid-19 and all these are different times - but please Pine team - reconsider your delivery plans - and please look into how allegedly the Hong Kong delivery team are writing '$25 gift' on the phones. With EU countries really going hard on chasing up import duty this kind of thing isn't going to be lookup upon favourably now - perhaps 3-4 years ago it was fine, not anymore.

Fingers crossed my phone will arrive in the next week or so, and I'll only have to pay 30 euros or so to get it.

I'll update when it does.
I'm in a similar situation but my last update was on the 12th of March when it left Hong Kong. So, almost a month since my last update. So yeah, I'm all for paying extra for a more reliable service.
I ordered January 6th and then got a notice of shipment but never got out of Hong Kong.
Anybody have an info or knowledge of the situation?
Thanks.
My PinePhone showed up today!
Well worth the wait. Let the games begin!
Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 6 551 04-22-2024, 02:22 AM
Last Post: bongosunny
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 346 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 230 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 108,935 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,786 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 602 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,347 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 494 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,680 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,944 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma