PinePhone - no shipment email - ordered Jan 7 - anyone else?
a) German batch has been delayed. So if you're from Germany you'll have to wait.
b) It has been stated more than once that while Asendia doesn't rip you off like DHL, updates on shipments are not that quick.
(01-26-2020, 05:51 AM)Veraendert Wrote: a) German batch has been delayed. So if you're from Germany you'll have to wait.
b) It has been stated more than once that while Asendia doesn't rip you off like DHL, updates on shipments are not that quick.

a) Nope, like I said, I am not in Germany nor do I live anywhere near Germany.

b) It's not the Ascendia email that I'm lacking, it's the Pine email saying that my product has shipped. I know that once you get that shipping email then you potentially have a 2 week period of no updates.

(01-26-2020, 01:47 AM)pajux Wrote: At least you guys from November are getting emails.. I haven't received any. Hoping that's just Asendia being slow/on holiday...

I've seen a shipment email - it's from Pine themselves rather than Asendia, appreciate others are getting no updates from Asendia, but we haven't even got the Pine email to say it's been given to Asendia.

We haven't got anything from Pine other than the original order email from the day we ordered it.

I was expecting the shipment email from Pine, then a 2 week delay of no info, then for it to arrive. Most folk out there seem to have gotten the Pine email (I've seen a couple), then have reported no updates, we're lacking even that first email.

I fear they just ran out of units in this batch to fulfill the sales. Which would be strange as they seemed to know the number they had. Perhaps some were found to be faulty and so not all the orders could be fulfilled?
Yeah, the Pine email has the Asendia tracking link.
Click on that and they acknowledge it arrived in Switzerland January 20, 2020.
BUT, after that nothing.
IF it was DHL, it would have been delivered on January 22nd.

(Not really cheaper than DHL, a PBP weighs 4 or 5 times as much as a Pine phone, a PBP was $33 shipping, a pine phone cost $15 to ship via Asendia)

OH yes, also mine was not ordered 2 weeks ago,
mine was ordered November 15, 2019
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
With the German batch being delayed, there should be enough phones for everybody else so i doubt that they ran out of devices.
(01-27-2020, 01:25 AM)Veraendert Wrote: With the German batch being delayed, there should be enough phones for everybody else so i doubt that they ran out of devices.

Very good point. I feel bad for our German friends but that likely means a reasonable amount weren't sent.
(01-26-2020, 07:08 PM)bcnaz Wrote: (Not really cheaper than DHL, a PBP weighs 4 or 5 times as much as a Pine phone, a PBP was $33 shipping, a pine phone cost $15 to ship via Asendia)

(Re-)read the blog post from January 15, 2020.
No idea if these restrictions apply in our case - https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8956

Would be nice to get word about whether there were delays prior to the Lunar New Year or just gaps in the emailing.
Now we face a further delay factor in the Coronavirus outbreak, and the Chinese quarantine response:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...0#pid58470
During Jan 18 when shipping team, including me, wrap up the PinePhone shipment, we discovered there is about 80 units that lacking shipping label. Based on the quantity, shipping team believes that there is one batch (about 80 units) that logistic didn't provide the shipping label info. However, the logistic team already left work for the Chinese New Year, we don't know which batch (within certain date range, not certain country) got affected and can only know when logistic and shipping team back from Chinese New Year (has been extended due to Coronavirus crisis). Based on recent response, I believes the affected batch is the last batch (from January 5 order till sold out). Please noted that this is a not random miss shipment scenario. Once back from the Chinese New New Year/Chronavirus Crisis period and Hong Kong open back the broader, shipping team will immediately ship out this missed batch.
(01-29-2020, 10:59 PM)tllim Wrote: Please noted that this is a not random miss shipment scenario. Once back from the Chinese New New Year/Chronavirus Crisis period and Hong Kong open back the broader, shipping team will immediately ship out this missed batch.

Thank you your detailed explanation.
I hope everything will be resolved soon including Chronavirus Crisis.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 306 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 202 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 480 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 108,232 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,726 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 578 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,267 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 478 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,639 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,864 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma