Manjaro ARM Alpha3 for PinePhone (and PineTab)
Just wanted to make sure the community was up to date on where Manjaro is right now with ARM devices, but more specifically the PinePhone.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...tab/120761

Thank you to the developers and I can't wait until we get out of alpha state!

Changes

- Wifi is now able to connect and be used
- Mobile broadband connections are now working (might need a reboot to work right)
- Phone application now works
- Replaced Konsole with QMLKonsole for a more mobile friendly terminal
- Filesystem now gets resized on first boot (which is why the first boot takes a while)
- Sound now works
fyi apparently there are still some issues with the phone app not working yet
(01-24-2020, 08:21 AM)rdgbjhugfdc Wrote: Just wanted to make sure the community was up to date on where Manjaro is right now with ARM devices, but more specifically the PinePhone.

Changes

- Mobile broadband connections are now working (might need a reboot to work right)
- Filesystem now gets resized on first boot (which is why the first boot takes a while)
- Sound now works

This is an ok system, but the KDE can be a pain, it wants you to go through security set-up,

...while I was only looking to take a test drive...
On the keyboard, the delete key is next to the 'p' key and overly sensitive...  troublesome when using the keyboard with large fingers.
AND really frustrating when trying to enter a password-- when you cannot see  instead of entering the letter 'p' you have deleted a character !

The KDE security kept "De-activating" my wifi...

Sound is working, at least at youtube, not perfect but ok.

I do not have a sim card to fit the Pine phone, so......

The battery indicator seems to operate ok...

Since the web browser works satisfactory, it would be nice to have some screen controls, like size and/or rotation

But as this is "Alpha 3"  this could eventually be a decent system,  (Maybe better with xfce or gnome desktop)

My opinion on my first test drive  "Manjaro/KDE"

*** NOTE : This was posted from my Brave Heart phone while test driving Manjaro/KDE running from an SD card.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-24-2020, 08:21 AM)rdgbjhugfdc Wrote: Just wanted to make sure the community was up to date on where Manjaro is right now with ARM devices, but more specifically the PinePhone.

Changes

- Sound now works

KDE  just does not suit me,  When will they be offering the XFCE or Gnome desktop versions ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Trying Manjaro and it seems promising but ...........

Booted nicely, very good user interface that makes it easy to find the functions I want. Found my SIM card and wifi.

This is where the "but" comes in. Nothing seems to actually do anything. The phone simply brings up a screen that says "Phone." No dialpad, no nothing. I thought maybe it would help to have a contact for it to display. Went to add contacts, it gives me the relevant fill-in popup, but doesn't save anything I enter.

Tried to set time and timezone. The interactive display to scroll to numbers comes up, but they don't scroll. Nothing is changed.

Tried to activate the wifi it could see by entering password, but it says "wlan0 not found." I don't know if this is the same issue as above, where kde disconnects it. Any way to get kde to stop doing that??

So, promising but frustrating so far.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS: Mobian Bookworm, Phosh. Pinephone Braveheart from 2020-02-11
(02-17-2020, 05:19 PM)quixote Wrote: Tried to activate the wifi it could see by entering password, but it says "wlan0 not found." I don't know if this is the same issue as above, where kde disconnects it. Any way to get kde to stop doing that??

So, promising but frustrating so far.

I had the same wifi issues, and had to use nmcli commands to connect to wifi. After the latest update, wifi issues seem to be resolved (or at least better).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  systemic issue pinephone penguins_rule 1 154 03-22-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  link for supported pinephone os manjharo et all penguins_rule 2 117 03-19-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 498 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,066 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,422 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,617 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 718 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,357 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't add micro SD card to Pinephone thorensjubilee 7 2,345 02-27-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 957 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee