Confused about shipping/tracking information
Can anyone confirm if their tracking link displays accurate information?  The tracking number that I received shows that my order was shipped February of 2019 from Zürich, then went to Hong Kong, then arrived in Switzerland on the 20th, and has now been marked as "Expired." (See attached)

Not sure if the system is just glitchy, the shipment went wrong, or I'm missing something.  Thanks!

Attached Files
.png   Tracking.png (Size: 31.49 KB / Downloads: 885)
.png   ExpiredExplanation.png (Size: 15.75 KB / Downloads: 491)
(01-22-2020, 05:35 PM)kiddailey Wrote: Can anyone confirm if their tracking link displays accurate information?  The tracking number that I received shows that my order was shipped February of 2019 from Zürich, then went to Hong Kong, then arrived in Switzerland on the 20th, and has now been marked as "Expired." (See attached)

Not sure if the system is just glitchy, the shipment went wrong, or I'm missing something.  Thanks!

I doubt it's gone to Switzerland at all. Asendia is a Swiss post joint venture, hence the reference, but I think the last tracking action just means it's left them and been passed on to the next courier in the chain. They don't seem to receive tracking updates from their partners, so no more messages till it arrives. does seem a bit early to mark it as expired tho.
Try https://tracking.asendia.com/ directly. It may be a communication noise you see Wink
@Dmytro - your suggestion was perfect and yielded much more sensible tracking information (a subset of what the original link reported). And, as pjsf, suggested, the Switzerland items are not even shown.

Thank you for the replies!
look at your tracking .png
look at the times for Zurich
they are out of order.
It's been a couple more days and no update.  Is my tracking information the only one that's a mess, or does it look like this for everyone?

Edit: Nevermind, I see in the other shipping thread that everyone's tracking information is pretty much the same Smile
( January 25, 2020 )

Hong Kong to Switzerland on January 20, 2020
 Since then nothing....

( Asendia the No Update Shipper )

---------------
January 30, 2020

Still no update
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
People are reporting on Twitter they have received their PinePhone.
Who knows when they got the email or when it actually shipped, but apparently a couple have arrived at least.
(01-27-2020, 05:02 PM)nas Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 12:44 PM)gillham Wrote: People are reporting on Twitter they have received their PinePhone.
Who knows when they got the email or when it actually shipped, but apparently a couple have arrived at least.

I count 4 peeps in france. The uk could be next on the delivery schedule - barring any brexit related delays.

I got a notice on 20 Jan (7 days ago) from 17Track of arrival from China in Switzerland of my ordered phone on that day (time zone not specified).   I assumed it would be split out for shipping to me in US (along with other American buyers' orders), but have not gotten any more updates, nor does re-using the tracking link show any further progress from Switzerland.
Is that "long silence" to be expected? Is Switzerland supposed to be a distribution way point from China to US (and other countries)?

--
TIA
(01-27-2020, 09:44 PM)pinerokc Wrote: Is that "long silence" to be expected?

Yes.

Your Brave Heart phone is on a ship from Hong Kong to wherever and it is to be expected that it takes 7-14 days before your ship gets wherever it is going.

If you put your tracking number into Asendia's tracking page you will get much more sense: in my case:
1) At 3:07 AM on 18 Jan Pine (in fact Syabas) told Asendia in Hong Kong to expect a package with my name on it
2) At 5:30 AM on 20 Jan Asendia actually collected the package
3) At 4:14PM on Jan 20 it was passed to the freight/ship operator

All times are probably Swiss. Switzerland is relevant as Asendia is a joint venture between Swiss and French postal companies. This is quite useful for a couple of reasons:
1) They are willing and able to transport Lithium batteries
2) They provide a cheaper alternative to DHL (up till now used by Pine), at the expense of elapsed time.
3) They assign a Swiss tracking code (the CH on the end of your number, put Confederation Helvetica into DuckDuckGo) and so Royal Mail, who will actually hand my package to me in England, think it comes from Switzerland.

For completeness at 07:17 AM (GMT) on 20 Jan I got an email from the Pine Store advising my order had been shipped with the tracking code.
And at 10:50AM GMT) on 20 Jan Royal Mail sent me an SMS to advise they were gearing up to receive and deliver my package as clearly Asendia had also sent them advance notice.
Asendia got my email address from my PayPal account because that is how I paid, similarly they passed the mobile number in my Paypal account to Royal Mail which is how Royal Mail could send me an SMS. If your contact details in your PayPal account are inaccurate or incomplete then that may explain absent emails etc!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Updates curtisg 0 748 07-26-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: curtisg
  High shipping costs Peter Gamma 18 13,282 06-06-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,899 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Shipping to Russia in 2021 cyberpunk_on_pinephone 8 8,109 12-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hyperkahler
  Convergence tracking website gamerminstrel 5 2,749 11-08-2021, 05:34 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Shipping estimate unrealb2 12 8,320 09-11-2021, 11:02 PM
Last Post: ryo
Thumbs Down Extreme disappointement with Pine's shipping department disappointment 26 15,917 09-11-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Pinephone shipping to UK nb8550 2 2,662 09-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: User 22018
  Shipping stuck on creating label, tracking complaints wizardofthemodem 3 3,441 05-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: zvand
  Pinephone Beta shipping to India sagaracharya 0 1,623 04-30-2021, 11:57 AM
Last Post: sagaracharya