Confused about shipping/tracking information
(02-03-2020, 12:27 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Underwhelmed !
  hmm, describes it pretty good.  
I have No Idea why people say it is "cheaper than DHL"  ?
The package is one quarter the size of the Pinebook Pro package,  and a fraction of the weight.
Yet approximately half the price.  $33 verses $15.  USD -- So per pound of weight it IS more expensive !

( IF you buy 12 donuts for $12 USD,  or 1 donut for $6 USD,  ... is that really "Cheaper"  ? )

I will be surprised if it takes less than another week to actually "Leave New York"  

ONE Consolation is :
I suppose it does give the Software people a bit more time to move the operating systems closer to functioning..... ?

Starting to wonder myself when the "package" will leave NY.  Do you suppose there might be some sort of Coronavirus "hold/quarantine" being applied when Customs/airport/USPS saw China as country of origin?

So close, yet so far...
I got an update late last night:

2020-02-03 22:14
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility -> Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on February 3, 2020 at 10:14 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I'm hoping it will be here by the end of the week (Midwest, USA), but early next week is probably more likely.

EDIT: another update

2020-02-04 00:00
In Transit to Next Facility -> Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
Package to Canada, still stuck at switzerland on 30 jan......
(02-04-2020, 10:20 AM)pinerokc Wrote:
The package is one quarter the size of the Pinebook Pro package,  and a fraction of the weight.
Yet approximately half the price.  $33 verses $15.  USD -- So per pound of weight it IS more expensive !

( IF you buy 12 donuts for $12 USD,  or 1 donut for $6 USD,  ... is that really "Cheaper"  ? )

I will be surprised if it takes less than another week to actually "Leave New York"  

ONE Consolation is :
I suppose it does give the Software people a bit more time to move the operating systems closer to functioning..... ?

Starting to wonder myself when the "package" will leave NY.  Do you suppose there might be some sort of Coronavirus "hold/quarantine" being applied when Customs/airport/USPS saw China as country of origin?

So close, yet so far...
USPS does not do fine grained tracking. Mine shows arrived at JFK 2/2. they have probably left, that is no quarantine for non-biologicals. From past experinece I would expect it to take 3-4 days for delivery. The next tracking update should be when it arrives at the local distribution center.
(02-04-2020, 04:39 AM)ogwai Wrote: Same here for delivery to Belgium.  No update since the package was received by Asendia on Feb 22nd.

I also live in Belgium and today I've got an update with bpost (Belgian post) tracking.
It says:
Code:
Awaiting customs clearance
Your parcel is going through an import procedure

How much time for my parcel to arrive?
Your shipment is at customs for clearance.
The delivery time is expected to be within 20 to 24 days.

Arrival at international office of exchange 2020-02-04 | 17:04
(02-04-2020, 10:24 AM)ankylo Wrote: I got an update late last night:

2020-02-03 22:14
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility -> Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on February 3, 2020 at 10:14 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I'm hoping it will be here by the end of the week (Midwest, USA), but early next week is probably more likely.

EDIT: another update

2020-02-04 00:00
In Transit to Next Facility -> Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Good to see - at least some "movement" is encouraging.
Thanks! Cool
Has anyone in the UK got any updates since the 20th of January?

My last update, on Royal Mail website, shows "In Transit":

Updated on: Monday 20 January

04:14pm
Item Leaving overseas Switzerland

ONE Consolation is :

So close, yet so far...

(Feb 04, 2020)

When it actually enters the USPS mail stream it will state that., 

Mine says " Processed through the facility ISC New York, NY  Febuary 02, 2020,  1:23pm"

No updates since, so Customs are still holding it.

I guess it is a plus it is finally in the destination country !

BUT it would not be surprising for New York Customs to hold it for a few weeks,

as they normally hold items originating from China....

Los Angeles Customs push them through in a few hours, not weeks.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-04-2020, 04:21 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

ONE Consolation is :

So close, yet so far...

(Feb 04, 2020)

When it actually enters the USPS mail stream it will state that., 

Mine says " Processed through the facility ISC New York, NY  Febuary 02, 2020,  1:23pm"

No updates since, so Customs are still holding it.

I guess it is a plus it is finally in the destination country !

BUT it would not be surprising for New York Customs to hold it for a few weeks,

as they normally hold items originating from China....

Los Angeles Customs push them through in a few hours, not weeks.

I received an update saying it was in Queens, NY. I guess some of them have passed customs hopefully? Big Grin
Greetings, I am TG127 Smile 
Owner of a Braveheart PinePhone and hopefully some other Pine products soon.
Got mine in Slovenia. Ordered on 6th of december, sent an e-mail to support on 6th of january.
Never got any tracking info or notice of acceptance from carrier.
Paid import taxes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Updates curtisg 0 792 07-26-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: curtisg
  High shipping costs Peter Gamma 18 13,697 06-06-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,978 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Shipping to Russia in 2021 cyberpunk_on_pinephone 8 8,297 12-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hyperkahler
  Convergence tracking website gamerminstrel 5 2,862 11-08-2021, 05:34 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Shipping estimate unrealb2 12 8,591 09-11-2021, 11:02 PM
Last Post: ryo
Thumbs Down Extreme disappointement with Pine's shipping department disappointment 26 16,450 09-11-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Pinephone shipping to UK nb8550 2 2,746 09-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: User 22018
  Shipping stuck on creating label, tracking complaints wizardofthemodem 3 3,549 05-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: zvand
  Pinephone Beta shipping to India sagaracharya 0 1,662 04-30-2021, 11:57 AM
Last Post: sagaracharya