Confused about shipping/tracking information
@pinerokc

Just piling on to your latest post, I agree with the sentiment of the bulk shipment being parted out.

I'll break from your interpretation though with the "Genève 2 Letter Transit" as I only ordered one phone, and if you Google around a bit, you'll see the term is used frequently when talking about shipments through the Swiss post.

And, to everyone, when's the last time you were stoked enough about a package to track its every move? It has been a very long time for me.
(01-30-2020, 01:19 PM)Leandros_Adigard Wrote: And, to everyone, when's the last time you were stoked enough about a package to track its every move?

Absolutely - being this close to the bleeding edge is quite exhilarating!

In my case (the UK) zero updates on Asendia or Royal Mail since 20 Jan. Maybe we shouldn't have voted for Brexit? Or, if it is coming by air, maybe Breitling Orbiter 3? That was about 19 days in the air Huh
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(01-30-2020, 01:19 PM)Leandros_Adigard Wrote: @pinerokc

Just piling on to your latest post, I agree with the sentiment of the bulk shipment being parted out.

I'll break from your interpretation though with the "Genève 2 Letter Transit" as I only ordered one phone, and if you Google around a bit, you'll see the term is used frequently when talking about shipments through the Swiss post.

And, to everyone, when's the last time you were stoked enough about a package to track its every move?  It has been a very long time for me.

Ah, so the "2" with "Genève 2 Letter Transit" is part of that phrase, and not a unique counter of some sort?  Oh well, I like guessing games (some times ;-} ).

Definitely stoked about the phone, but I have been that way before with various online gadget purchases, being a gadgeteer...
I ordered it the first hour it was on sell. I am in Switzerland and since the 22nd of January the tracking says Departed from Asendia Asendia Hong Kong. My latest shipment from China for example took 9 days to arrive. So I guess that next week will arrive here. A little bit upset that the order of shipment didn't reflect when it was ordered on the online shop. If I would know I wouldn't have bothered to stay hours in front of the computer the day the phone went on sell. Anyway...
(01-31-2020, 03:27 PM)ivanB1975 Wrote: I ordered it the first hour it was on sell. I am in Switzerland and since the 22nd of January the tracking says Departed from Asendia Asendia Hong Kong. My latest shipment from China for example took 9 days to arrive. So I guess that next week will arrive here. A little bit upset that the order of shipment didn't reflect when it was ordered on the online shop. If I would know I wouldn't have bothered to stay hours in front of the computer the day the phone went on sell. Anyway...

Hi ivanB1975,
    I stayed up that night/morning also.
  I am in the USA,  I am surprised that you have not received your Brave Heart yet ?
   Since Switzerland appears to be the first stop for these phones after leaving Hong Kong.

The notice I got,  said it arrived in Switzerland on January 20...

For items I have ordered from China,  they always take much more time when they come into the USA
     through our east coast, Customs there often take 2 to 3 or more weeks before even being released.

When China shipments arrive at Customs on our west coast, they usually clear in just hours.

BUT,  when Asendia does finally ship from Switzerland, it may still be another month before
     my Brave Heart arrives in Arizona, USA.
       Since it will obviously be coming to the east coast.

PS:
         Both my ISO Pinebook pro and my ANSI Pinebook Pro were delivered in less than 2 days
            from the time they left Hong Kong.
            They are much larger and heavier items...?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-01-2020, 02:14 AM)bcnaz Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 03:27 PM)ivanB1975 Wrote: I ordered it the first hour it was on sell. I am in Switzerland and since the 22nd of January the tracking says Departed from Asendia Asendia Hong Kong. My latest shipment from China for example took 9 days to arrive. So I guess that next week will arrive here. A little bit upset that the order of shipment didn't reflect when it was ordered on the online shop. If I would know I wouldn't have bothered to stay hours in front of the computer the day the phone went on sell. Anyway...

Hi ivanB1975,
    I stayed up that night/morning also.
  I am in the USA,  I am surprised that you have not received your Brave Heart yet ?
   Since Switzerland appears to be the first stop for these phones after leaving Hong Kong.

The notice I got,  said it arrived in Switzerland on January 20...

For items I have ordered from China,  they always take much more time when they come into the USA
     through our east coast, Customs there often take 2 to 3 or more weeks before even being released.

When China shipments arrive at Customs on our west coast, they usually clear in just hours.

BUT,  when Asendia does finally ship from Switzerland, it may still be another month before
     my Brave Heart arrives in Arizona, USA.
       Since it will obviously be coming to the east coast.

PS:
         Both my ISO Pinebook pro and my ANSI Pinebook Pro were delivered in less than 2 days
            from the time they left Hong Kong.
            They are much larger and heavier items...?

Hi, yep not received and no useful notifications. My calculations tell me it could be coming next week hopefully. I am just upset a little about the delivery, but since we are talking of a company that is somehow special, I will be patient. I think that as soon as it will be in Switzerland will be fast also in your case. I don't know about american customs. Swiss ones are quite strict so I am a little concerned about it. Let's see Smile
Interesting that your pinebook pro arrived so fast...
Looking at all the replies, it seems like a bunch of our orders took a 9-day boat/plane ride from Hong Kong, China to Genève, Switzerland, and took a day or two  break there before leaving.

My tracking information states that it is getting ready to leave Switzerland but hasn't yet ("the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece").  That was a day ago.  I'm expecting that it'll probably take another boat/plane ride from Switzerland to the United States, so getting across the pond may take another week.

I think the original estimates were for 1-2 weeks shipping time, so I have 6 more days of day-dreaming before I can freak out that it hasn't arrived (j/k) Smile
Febuary 2, 2020

Asendia :

Arrive in Switzerland,   January 20, 2020 11:20am  "Acceptance"

January 30,  2020  7:49am,  "Depart from Transit Office of Exchange"

USPS :  "Label Created, NOT YET in SYSTEM"

SO two days after it left Switzerland,  it has not yet arrived in the USA  ?     
                    hmm......    ( Why Ten days in Switzerland ? )
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Just received notice from USPS:

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 1:18 pm on February 2, 2020.

The item of course is my Pine Phone. I'm excited.
(02-02-2020, 02:49 PM)elohen Wrote: Just received notice from USPS:

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 1:18 pm on February 2, 2020.

The item of course is my Pine Phone. I'm excited.

Dang!  One minute ahead of mine!

The PinePhones have landed in the USofA.  Yeehaw!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Updates curtisg 0 784 07-26-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: curtisg
  High shipping costs Peter Gamma 18 13,646 06-06-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,960 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Shipping to Russia in 2021 cyberpunk_on_pinephone 8 8,260 12-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hyperkahler
  Convergence tracking website gamerminstrel 5 2,844 11-08-2021, 05:34 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Shipping estimate unrealb2 12 8,530 09-11-2021, 11:02 PM
Last Post: ryo
Thumbs Down Extreme disappointement with Pine's shipping department disappointment 26 16,317 09-11-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Pinephone shipping to UK nb8550 2 2,728 09-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: User 22018
  Shipping stuck on creating label, tracking complaints wizardofthemodem 3 3,536 05-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: zvand
  Pinephone Beta shipping to India sagaracharya 0 1,653 04-30-2021, 11:57 AM
Last Post: sagaracharya