Germany batch will be delayed
I checked with the support when PinePhones will be shipped to Germany.  I wanted to share the answer I received with everyone so other people from Germany won't wonder why they have to wait longer.

Quote:As Germany customs very strict on the FCC/CE certification for smartphone, hence, we apologize as the PinePhone for Germany batch will delayed until after Lunar New Year holiday as we are still waiting the FCC/CE certificate to release.

Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.

support team#2...

I created a new thread so it is easier for people to find this info.
And the fact that one could call the brave heart "engineer sample" or something based on that it's not shipped with a working os is not enough to let it pass without CE branding?
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
That won't help much, i'm afraid. This has been the right decision. Even though i now have to wait a bit longer myself.
Indeed, this is a last-minute decision that was made. It appears that German customs are particularly stringent when it comes to this, even if the phone is labeled as an engineering sample/ development unit. Let's try not to make a big public thing out of it - not because this is something that needs to be kept secret from the community or 'hushed up' - but rather so we don't cause issues for users in other EU countries by too much exposure.

About the certifications in question - we'll have them by early February.

Apologies to everyone affected - we know there are many of you in Germany. We do, however, believe this is for the better ... for everyone concerned.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-22-2020, 06:44 AM)Luke Wrote: Indeed, this is a last-minute decision that was made. It appears that German customs are particularly stringent when it comes to this, even if the phone is labeled as an engineering sample/ development unit. Let's try not to make a big public thing out of it - not because this is something that needs to be kept secret from the community or 'hushed up' - but rather so we don't cause issues for users in other EU countries by too much exposure.

About the certifications in question - we'll have them by early February.

Apologies to everyone affected - we know there are many of you in Germany. We do, however, believe this is for the better ... for everyone concerned.

Be quiet, so that other EU-citizens can get their phones illegally, or how should I understand it?
pretty angry about all that cr*p. feels like i ordered from an extremely unprofessional company that never shipped in the EU before.

i had to chose between switzerland or germany delivery. i have chosen germany because there were simply zero information about shipping (nothing, no company name, no prices/fees etc.). so i thought i take germany instead switzerland (i live about 1h away from the border and have friends in germany) as destination because i thought germany would be cheaper, easier and faster.
f*ck it, now i have to wait. and i expect this will take until march until the device will be at the destination. i am really thinking about to cancel the order and buy the regular edition. guess it will make no big difference from a time perspective.
I would've thought all of us who bought the Brave Heart edition did it so to help the project development and not just to be the first in line for a new phone (I thought "I want to be the first who gets it" was an "iSheep" mantra and not of a Linux enthusiast). Asking for a refund seems to be such a "regular consumer" behaviour.

Anyway, don't give up hope, you may still get sooner than you think. I live in the UK and I still haven't got it yet...

Cheerio!
its not about when i recieve the item, its about the crap communication. there are people that need profund information (e.g. for planning when/where to pick it up, calculating the fees/VAT/Tax, etc).

"Asking for a refund seems to be such a "regular consumer" behaviour."
- serious? so when i can not pick up the device and it gets back to china because its impossible to pick it up (as i absolutely calculated with 25.1 as arrival date), its a "regular consumer behaviour" ? ok, then i am probably a regular consumer.
When you'll ever work in bigger Industry company in Germany, you'll notice that also they have issues with all the CE topic (unclear handling, strict and inflexible rules with testing/evaluation devices, acceptance of non European certifications and so on). How could you expect someone shipping "beta devices" in this legal framework without issues. Pine is covering many countries and for all kind of devices there is a other CE framework applicable.
I would say it is legal (I'm not a lawyer) to ship the stuff to EU, but it could be a big hassle with the German authorities. And It is a smart move not just to put a CE sign on the device, like many company do, without successfully complete all tests.
And I don't know a lot of companies and project dealing that open and constantly open with there production/shipping/whatever Issues.

Thanks a lot to Pine and keep up your track!
It's not legal and German authorities may send back the phone or destroy it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MMS message being displayed delayed car46999 4 1,121 09-14-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: car46999
  VoLTE calls with o2 (Germany) arno_nuehm 6 6,576 07-06-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: arno_nuehm
Question APN setting for provider AldiTalk (Germany) robbyk 2 2,977 02-12-2021, 06:46 AM
Last Post: goapunk
  pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? robotnik 2 3,666 01-18-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: InternetQuatsch
  PinePhone for sale - Germany (no longer for sale) aus 0 1,734 12-15-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: aus
  Pine Phone next batch ordering date estimate ? bcnaz 7 8,405 07-15-2020, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Update on last batch of Bravehearts not yet shipped nimji 16 17,566 03-13-2020, 09:57 AM
Last Post: someGermanGuy