Smashed wiring from factory
Hi all,

I've been really enjoying my new PBP since I got it a couple days ago. I flashed Manjaro onto the eMMc and all was good. The NVMe drive I ordered came in so today I decided to install it. I opened up the PBP and installed the drive. After that I took some time to examine the rest of the hardware. It was then when I caught the glint of some exposed wiring along the hinge side of the case up behind the battery. It looks like who/whatever was assembling my unit was met with some resistance on one of the screw holes as the (I think) ant wiring was forced into the screw hole and torn up quite a bit. I decided to see if it was as bad as I thought so I moved the wire out of the screw hole, booted up the Pinebook, formatted the NVMe and got it working Big Grin .

The problem is that now I can see all of my WiFi connections, yet can't seem to complete any. Guessing this is the result of that smashed wire (pic attached), but I could be wrong. The WiFi has also always been weaker than I thought it should be and I'm wondering if this has something to do with it.

So, how should I proceed?

Attached Files
.jpg   82691308_166103391345250_3264889793158316032_n.jpg (Size: 232.96 KB / Downloads: 398)
In the short term, you might try and see if you can get any of the braided copper away from the center conductor. That might restore some use of the WiFi, (though as you pointed out, weaker signal). And make sure the board end is connected properly. (It may have come loose as you wiggled the wire out of the hole.)

Other than that, you should probably contact the sales staff.

Many of the trouble shooting steps we have on the Wiki are from users. Most, (if not all), have solutions or work arounds. We will have to see what can be done for your Pinebook Pro. Possibly add more troubleshooting steps as we learn them.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(01-19-2020, 10:11 PM)Arwen Wrote: In the short term, you might try and see if you can get any of the braided copper away from the center conductor. That might restore some use of the WiFi, (though as you pointed out, weaker signal). And make sure the board end is connected properly. (It may have come loose as you wiggled the wire out of the hole.)

Other than that, you should probably contact the sales staff.

Many of the trouble shooting steps we have on the Wiki are from users. Most, (if not all), have solutions or work arounds. We will have to see what can be done for your Pinebook Pro. Possibly add more troubleshooting steps as we learn them.

Thank you for your response, Arwen. I'll be sure to document the steps that are taken to resolve this issue. Things like this are bound to happen once in a while. I still love the PBP Smile