PineTime display and micropython
(01-22-2020, 12:24 PM)tomthetaffer Wrote: Would it be possible for you to give us a brief Would it be possible for me to flash this to a Pinetime via a Raspberry Pi?
I'm very eager to get started with learning this, and just need a bit of guidance on how to start with Wasp-Os

I am able to compile bootloader and micropython to PineTime.
I will flash them this week end and come back next week to give you some guidance.

Memiks.
(01-22-2020, 09:00 PM)Memiks Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 12:24 PM)tomthetaffer Wrote: Would it be possible for you to give us a brief Would it be possible for me to flash this to a Pinetime via a Raspberry Pi?
I'm very eager to get started with learning this, and just need a bit of guidance on how to start with Wasp-Os

I am able to compile bootloader and micropython to PineTime.
I will flash them this week end and come back next week to give you some guidance.

Memiks.

Flashing the bootloader was a bit of a pain for me. I used some STLink devices I had lying around... one reprogrammed as a black magic probe in order to disable the flash protection and the other as a real STLink because I couldn't get the BMP hex programmer to work.

Whoever gets there first the steps are roughly speaking:

1. Clone the wasp-os repo
2. make submodules softdevice
3. make BOARD=pinetime all
4. Use an SWD programmer to disable the flash protection (this is important... until this is done the debugger can't enumerate all the devices)
5. Use an SWD programmer to install bootloader.hex to the PineTime
6. The bootloader will show up in Bluetooth as either AdaDFU or PineDFU (depending on version). Use nRFConnect for Android to connect to PineDFU, click the DFU button and send over micropython.zip (note that you may have to go into settings in nRFConnect and reduce the packet count from 10 to 4).
7. Use a NUS client to connect to PineTime (Serial Bluetooth Terminal for Andoid works for me, as does pynus on Linux if I keep the GNOME bluetooth scanner window open)

So steps #4 and #5 are the tricky bits to document because they are different for each SWD programmer. However steps #4 and #5 are not specific for wasp-os... they are the same for all PineTime devices so any tutorial you can find on SWD should be applicable here (I noticed some new forum topics about RPi SWD were posted yesterday).

PS I have a rewritten ST7789 driver and have code to draw the Pine logo working on my desk. I'll try to get that checked in for you before the weekend.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
Thank you very much.
That Pinetime logo looks great.

I just spotted someone post something useful on the pinetime discord chat - https://github.com/rabbithat/NRF52840_Mi...TA_Updates
Not sure if that's an use to you.
Looks like it could be the basis of file transfer code... I've not got solid plan but I think it would interesting to make the spinor flash into a filesystem in order to store large assets that don't fit in the MCU flash. If that turns out to be a good plan it would be nice to have something that could transfer files to/from the system OTA.
Hello Danielt
How does one prope the watch running wasp-os for firmware version information I tried ./wasp-os/tools/wasptool --console and I get errors
(04-27-2021, 08:14 PM)Mpoint Wrote: Hello Danielt
How does one prope the watch running wasp-os for firmware version information I tried ./wasp-os/tools/wasptool --console and I get errors

Version information needs the console to work (either `tools/wasptool --console` or Android equivalents such as Serial Bluetooth Terminal). Once you have the console working version information can be obtained by running:

import os
os.uname()
Thanks for the information
Here are the results https://ibb.co/1XrBFVD
So am I running Wasp-os version='v1.4.5-7343-g048bb2da8 ?
I wish there was better way to view the os information like in the video you see the Infinite Time OS at 2:06  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1M0MxJJXcw
Show all the firmware information. There is no way to know if I am running Wasp-os or InfinitTime Specially if I am doing a putty check-in or telenet session

I wish there was some way to run FULL diagnostic where it would show all the power on self Test (POST) values pass or fail
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I didn't understand that the video had any wasp-os bits in it so I only just saw it.

Looking at the code I can't see any reason for the heart rate app not to be one the quick ring (left/right swipe). Even if the HR sensor was not connected and the app crashed when the wasp-os runtime should pick that up and display what happened on the screen.

Anyhow if you can get wasptool running (or any other program to send commands to the watch) then you might get some clues by sending the following commands (don't enter the commands starting with a #... they are just to explain what each step does):

# Stop the watch executing code in the background
wasp.system.schedule(False)

# Create a new heart rate app and register it
import apps.heart
app = apps.heart.HeartApp()
wasp.system.register(app)

# Execute the program in the foreground (so we can see any error output)
wasp.system.run()

Hopefully one of these commands will provide some error messages on the console to help debug things. Once you're done you can do a long press reset (5 seconds on side button and then another short press when prompted) to put the watch back to normal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Develop a new firmware for PineTime belushi 2 1,267 09-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  Bluetooth BLE-MIDI-controller app for PineTime / InfiniTime Luno 0 485 08-20-2023, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Luno
  Zephyr Backlight Examples for PineTime lcj 0 681 05-06-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: lcj
  Zephyr is ready for pinetime jandy 1 2,061 05-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: lcj
  Send a message from Android to pinetime via BLE razrosman 0 896 11-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Last Post: razrosman
  PineTime Stuck in DFU Mode Eesha Barua 1 1,976 07-25-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: heyhewmike
  Idle tracking with PineTime: how versatile it is? schaman 1 1,592 07-13-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: wibble
  PineTime implemented with partial of pebble API jandy 0 1,522 03-20-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: jandy
  "Pine64 USB JTAG Adapter + OpenOCD + PineTime" should it work? ITCactus 4 3,845 03-02-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Zephyr based Pinetime jandy 4 4,609 11-11-2021, 05:53 AM
Last Post: jandy