Brave Heart First Impressions ?
(01-20-2020, 02:07 AM)Dmytro Wrote: I have received notification today morning: "Your Order has been shipped via 17track." Central EU (CZ). Current status: Swiss post. Quite close Smile

Same here for Central EU (HU), 17track shows Swiss Post.
However, it is not trackable yet - how about yours?

For me, it may need some time to really start to live but shipping is definitively happening. :-)
Big Grin 
Big Grin  yes I have an email from pine64, order is complete and Ascendia/Swiss tracking number  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cool Smile

To UK
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(01-20-2020, 02:19 AM)VaZso Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 02:07 AM)Dmytro Wrote: I have received notification today morning: "Your Order has been shipped via 17track." Central EU (CZ). Current status: Swiss post. Quite close Smile

Same here for Central EU (HU), 17track shows Swiss Post.
However, it is not trackable yet - how about yours?

For me, it may need some time to really start to live but shipping is definitively happening. :-)

I don't know, frankly I didn't track it at all it just arrived (ok I admit I don't know how to track it). Anyway it was shipped on 17th and it arrived today, which is still pretty impressive.

(01-20-2020, 02:07 AM)Dmytro Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 11:44 PM)pinetester Wrote: Just got mine. Haven't started to install anything yet.

I have received notification today morning: "Your Order has been shipped via 17track." Central EU (CZ). Current status: Swiss post (not trackable yet). Quite close Smile

Quote:Moden (EG25) is detected as FAILED in "Automatic tests" no matter if kill switch is ON or OFF. I guess the modem testing does not need to insert a SIM card?

It was said modem test should fail without SIM.
OK then I assume it is normal.
(01-20-2020, 03:15 AM)pinetester Wrote: I don't know, frankly I didn't track it at all it just arrived (ok I admit I don't know how to track it). Anyway it was shipped on 17th and it arrived today, which is still pretty impressive.
It was pretty fast then.
Are you live in China or which continent?
(01-19-2020, 11:44 PM)pinetester Wrote: Just got mine. Haven't started to install anything yet.

1) I can't open the backcover with bare hands. ***WARNING*** Do use a BIGGER screwdriver when you open the back cover at its corner (bottom right corner there is a place for it). I used a small screwdriver at first which failed to open the backcover and created two scratch marks on my new pinephone lol.

2) The kill switches are so small you will need tools to use it. I use a small screwdriver for that. (Combine with point one, kill switches are not something you can change without tools quickly.)

3) There is a plastic sheet at the battery to prevent discharging. You will need to remove it to start the phone..

4) The box has 2800mAh label on it (so the wiki's 2750-3000 mAh value can change to 2800?)

5) (Kill switches failed or "Automatic tests" failed or my pinephone has circuit issues?) The default postmaker OS seems to be ok, I just set all kill switches to OFF and see if they work.

MPU-6050 (Six-Axis Gyro + Accelerometer)
LIS3MDL (3axis magnetic field sensors)
STK3335 (Ambient Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor)
RTL8723CS (RTL8723CS WiFi Bluetooth)
EG25 (Modem)
OV5640 (camera, not the one mentioned in website)
GC2145 (camera, not the one mentioned in website)

In pine64 pinephone page it said
Main Camera: Single OV6540, 5MP, 1/4″, LED Flash
Selfie Camera: Single GC2035, 2MP, f/2.8, 1/5″

In the postmaker factory test page there are OV5640 and GC2145 (both are also camera version) and system can detect them EVEN IF KILL SWITCHES ARE SET TO OFF. I tried again with the camera kill switches at ON position and they are also detected by the system. Moden (EG25) is detected as FAILED in "Automatic tests" no matter if kill switch is ON or OFF. I guess the modem testing does not need to insert a SIM card? ###UPDATED: In seperated "Modem" testing it shows the modem is working with respect to kill switch. Really I don't know if I should trust the "Automatic tests" results.

I willl test it with some OS later. Can someone confirm if the kill switches are working or it is simply the "Automatic tests" issue? Anyway perhaps I should start testing with different OS to see if it is fine, starting with something that would run on pine64 SBC.

My first few test attempts came back as FAILED for these:

RTL8723CS  (RTL8723CS WiFi Bluetooth)
EG25  (Modem)

After inserting a SIM card, the EG25 test passed.  After toggling kill switch #2 off and then on again, RTL8723CS test passed.

I also had similar results with the camera tests.  Disabled both kill switches and the automatic tests still report OK.
Once you get your email rom pine with a tracking number, seems best place to track is
https://tracking.asendia.com
I have received SMS from Royal mail that they know it is coming as well now. Asendia tracking shows it has just left Hong Kong
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(01-20-2020, 05:52 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: Once you get your email rom pine with a tracking number, seems best place to track is
https://tracking.ascendia.com
I have received SMS from Royal mail that they know it is coming as well now. Ascendia tracking shows it has just left Hong Kong

I think this one is the correct address: https://tracking.asendia.com/

My order is still in "Order created" state in the location of "Asendia Hong Kong"
I don't think the dev units came with the pmos factorytest image though, while the BH does.
Greetings, I am TG127 Smile 
Owner of a Braveheart PinePhone and hopefully some other Pine products soon.
(01-20-2020, 10:54 AM)TG127 Wrote: I don't think the dev units came with the pmos factorytest image though, while the BH does.

Correct.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-20-2020, 05:33 AM)tx1 Wrote: I also had similar results with the camera tests.  Disabled both kill switches and the automatic tests still report OK.

I forgot to remove those labels, the camera tests don't actually test the camera hardware since the implementation for the camera's doesn't really work yet. those are just stub tests.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie impressions PP64 Dinosaur1946 10 5,781 01-11-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  SD card requirements for Pine Phone (Brave Heart edition) bcnaz 9 15,043 02-13-2020, 05:58 AM
Last Post: dukla2000
  My Brave Heart bcnaz 0 1,862 02-08-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
Exclamation Brave Heart Edition bcnaz 5 8,151 01-15-2020, 02:56 PM
  Brave Heart 'welcome letter' draft - feedback welcome Luke 26 30,632 12-25-2019, 05:02 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Pine Phone Brave Heart November pre-order date ? bcnaz 12 16,380 11-12-2019, 06:33 PM