How to enable widevine in firefox (PrimeVideo)
(01-28-2020, 05:17 PM)simeon Wrote: I managed to get Netlfix working using firefox.

It seems that the problem was the user agent.

I switched to 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.75 Safari/537.36' and it works.

Any useragent switcher extension should work.

Thanks for this great tutorial.

It works on both default debian and Ayufan ubuntu

Hello ,

i am using Armbian Buster Desktop on Pine A64, and both Chromium-Widevine and neither Widevine for Firefox is present in repository.
Any idea on how to achieve PrimeVideo in HD on PineA64 or is this too much asked@
Thank you
Haven't looked at Armbian Buster so far. Is it aarch64 userland now?

If it is - you will have to use a container approach to get Widevine working for Chromium (haven't heard of FF getting arm support so far apart of Windows stuff for the Qualcomm devices). Check this thread.

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
Thank you,

yes, it says

pine64 5.7.15-sunxi64 #20.08 SMP Mon Aug 17 10:32:57 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

will have to postpone this project as it seems to difficult atm.
even on a mac with external display(monitor) i can not get amazon prime in HD (unless booting into Windows Bootcamp).

Would be nice to hear that you folks here@PineBookPro are able to achieve what seems not on a Mac (streaming Amazon Prime Video in HD)
Wink 
[100% Solution]: Netflix Error Code: M7121-1331: Netflix is a Well Known Streaming service that gives its clients access to an enormous library of movies and shows. This service could be obtained from just about any computing device using a passionate program designed for your Android and also an i-OS platform. But on computers, this may be retrieved from the browser.
Even though this can be a well-balanced stage there are times when certain problems can happen when attempting to gain get into Netflix.
With this most recent installment of the Tracking series, we'll handle the Netflix Error code M7121-1331-P7 difficulty.

Quote:
The Main Reasons For Error Code: M7121-1331 Whilst Streaming Netflix
There are many different reasons that contribute to Netflix Error Code: M7121-1331. A Number of Them are listed below to your mention:
  1. Some of the chief reasons that you receive Netflix Error Code: M7121-1331 can be the obsolete version of HTML 5.
  2. In the event that you're flowing on chrome, then an excess chrome extension quitting the playback procedure.
  3. The consumer employing the corrupt Google Chrome also will not always have proper installment files required for easy streaming.
  4. Negative cache or cookies affecting the playback services.
  5. Netflix server problems.
  6. An obsolete version of an internet browser.

Quote:
The Way to Rectify Netflix Error Code M7121-1331-P7 Issue
Before doing any Of all the suggested troubleshooting steps the following it is ideal to restart your own computer.
This activity first you have to do is clean the Cach data and clear away any Temporary data which would possibly be causing the issue.
The main cause of error code M7121-1331-P7, when seeking to get Netflix in the browser and it is the effect of corrupt cached data. Given here are the cleaning steps you want to do in order to repair the issue.
Smile

READ MORE VISIT THIS LINK: https://ustechportal.com/error-code-m7121-1331/
Any updates on this?
(05-17-2023, 03:49 AM)Tazdevl Wrote: Any updates on this?

I don't have Pinebook but I assume that this solution should work (it did work with Pinephone and Pinephone Pro)

No warranty but as said this did with PP and PPP xD

OS Manjaro (and most likely this will work also on Arch - no idea about other OS's)
Steps:
1. Remove glibc
2.glibc-widevine needs to be installed manually so:
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/glibc-widevine.git
cd glibc-widevine
makepkg
ls (and look something like glibc-wideinve-2.35-5.2-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst)
sudo pacman -U glibc-wideinve-2.35-5.2-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst
3. Install widevine-aarch64 from aur
4. git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/widevine-aarch64
cd widevine-aarch64
./register_widevine_firefox

Not sure is this the best solution but as said I have working widevine Smile
Sadly it requires pacman and I'm not running Aarch64... It won't makepkg.
Bash -x makedkg tells me it's dependent on pacman. While Pacman is available on Kali, it's the game and not what makepkg is looking for Smile
(05-30-2023, 04:39 AM)Tazdevl Wrote: Sadly it requires pacman and I'm not running Aarch64... It won't makepkg.
Bash -x makedkg tells me it's dependent on pacman. While Pacman is available on Kali, it's the game and not what makepkg is looking for Smile

Has anyone tried https://github.com/AsahiLinux/widevine-installer

from the asahi team so it should be good and I wanted to see if anyone else has tried it yet.  I think it'll eventually be in the fedora repos eventually too.
I haven't, might have tried the script David Buchanan originally made. Don't have the pbp with me at the moment. It looks like the script might run op other os's than arch64

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro XFCE: Enable Natural Scrolling (Reverse scrolling direction) kiddailey 0 5,903 01-22-2020, 08:10 PM
Last Post: kiddailey
  Widevine-flash on Chromium-SD Card mamboman777 3 6,346 01-20-2020, 04:00 PM
Last Post: tophneal