External DAC
I guess that the sound quality is better than the raspberry pi cuz this chip is made for tablets so hopefully it will sound decent

Haven't revised mine yet cuz I pledge for the playbox kit so those are going to be the las to be send it I hope qt the time they ship mine the dac board be available ok backerkit

And of course it can be better wit an external DAC so u can plug the pine to your amp system on your car with out noises or problems and distortion

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530 using Tapatalk
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
A quick question to the devs!

Would the i2s port support bidirectional audio? I.e I would like to have the ability to pass through audio using this board, like some kind of basic DSP.

Additionally, would the pine64 support Android M (Given it's 192khz audio sampling rate) which would be of great interest to everyone looking at the pine64 + i2s DAC for car audio!
(05-27-2016, 02:25 PM)kidrock Wrote: A quick question to the devs!

Would the i2s port support bidirectional audio? I.e I would like to have the ability to pass through audio using this board, like some kind of basic DSP.

Additionally, would the pine64 support Android M (Given it's 192khz audio sampling rate) which would be of great interest to everyone looking at the pine64 + i2s DAC for car audio!

In most cases, the I2S is one direction (output only, just like Rpi). However, in Pine64 Euler bus, the I2S is bidirectional. However, I don't think there is driver to make use of this feature yet.

The Android M porting currently ongoing and hopefully will able to release on a month time.
I have connected my PCM5102 PCBA to the Pine64 EULA bus but there is no audio output.

Do I need a driver or setup change in the system? I have tested with Remix and android.

I have used these pins

Pin  Function   PCM5102 Connection
11   I2S_MCK   LRCK
13   I2S_BCLK  BCK
15   I2S_DOUT DATA
14   GND           GND

I will later try to measure at the pine to see if there is any activity.
Wink 
Hi , Tl lim 

How about this one ?
Your Pine Embedded Sdn Bhd ?
You forgot it  Huh 

I waiting support can run Volumio music player 
and how much ?

your online shop haven't yet ! 
And i reading you haven't RCA output =-= 

your kickstarter board is send the ended?

Do you know my mood ? i can talk to you  is Angry Birds now !  Angry
[Image: characters_red.png]
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

(07-31-2016, 04:11 AM)joe Wrote: Hi , Tl lim 

How about this one ?
Your Pine Embedded Sdn Bhd ?
You forgot it  Huh 

I waiting support can run Volumio music player 
and how much ?

your online shop haven't yet ! 
And i reading you haven't RCA output =-= 

your kickstarter board is send the ended?

Do you know my mood ? i can talk to you  is Angry Birds now !  Angry
[Image: characters_red.png]
The prototype board already build and using ESS 9023 Sabre DAC. Just too many activities on pass few months and will resume back on this month once clear up the KS's ABS and Playbox Enclosure shipment.
Hi....as per my knowledge the first RPis had no I2S, but the RPi 1 PCB Rev. 2.0 added the P5 header which has I2S CLK/FSYNC/DIN/DOUT as alternate function on GPIOs 28-31. RPI B+ and RPI 2 moved this signals to the extended 40 pin header (previously 26 pins).Unfortunately the Pine has I2S on the euler bus, not on the RPI header, thus it is not fully pin compatible.The Pine has the I2S master clock signal which is required by some I2S DACs.The pine also has the S/PDIF compatible OWA (one wire audio) which directly connects to an optical transceiver.

flex pcb assembly
(09-28-2016, 12:09 PM)CareyCorbin Wrote: Hi....as per my knowledge the first RPis had no I2S, but the RPi 1 PCB Rev. 2.0 added the P5 header which has I2S CLK/FSYNC/DIN/DOUT as alternate function on GPIOs 28-31. RPI B+ and RPI 2 moved this signals to the extended 40 pin header (previously 26 pins).Unfortunately the Pine has I2S on the euler bus, not on the RPI header, thus it is not fully pin compatible.The Pine has the I2S master clock signal which is required by some I2S DACs.The pine also has the S/PDIF compatible OWA (one wire audio) which directly connects to an optical transceiver

On the I2S signal prospective, Pine64 and RPi are not compatible. We prefer the digital audio has its own well define section, instead of piggy back on GPIO pin.
How far are you guys with new peripherals like the DAC?

Thanks
Hi tllim!

what about something like hifiberry digi+pro HAT board!? A lot of us are using PineA64 as a media player and we need good/hifi digital audio output! Please!

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Popping on SPDIF - External DAC mjgoode 3 9,001 05-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: TrisWood