External DAC
(01-26-2017, 01:37 AM)gkkpch Wrote: So, here we go:

Link to the latest DEV Version

Limitation: you cannot scan the network while in hotspot-mode, this means you will have to enter your wifi details manually.
This is something we cannot solve, it appears the pine's wifi module does not support that.
Please let us know your experience with this improved image.
-- Gé --

Updated Wiki with new Dev img - let me know if description is appropriate. Exciting Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi Luke,

apart from the typo ("This image is currently is for testing"), the info is adequate, thanks for updating it..
I will send additional info when we have some.

-- Gé --
(01-26-2017, 10:42 AM)gkkpch Wrote: Hi Luke,

apart from the typo ("This image is currently is for testing"), the info is adequate, thanks for updating it..
I will send additional info when we have some.

-- Gé --

thanks for pointing it out - I've corrected the description.

Hi
Quick question. I got Volumio running on my Pine, connected Spotify. The problem is there is a lot of background noise while playing music from internal storage, while playing from Spostifys it's almost only noise.
Is it because I dont have any DAC and Pine is connected to Hifi through headphones jack?
Hi,

well, the headphone out works, it's better than most RPi's will ever sound, but you spotted the weakness like many PC's also have.
This is why we are all waiting for an external (or a POT) DAC device.

-- Gé --
Volumio 2.061-2017-01-25-pine64.img
This new version works fine for me. The wifi scannig working.
My home network has been found but non chances to made it working.
With manual connectios, how has been suggested, working fine. Very good!
My setup is: pine64 2G + wifi-bluetooth module.
Audio output. I tryed with two devices and both working. One is a usb DAC (HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC ES9023), other is a cheap USB adapter
Good job Smile
This is considered the latest stable version
I recommend using that one as it also allows us to receive a log when you wish to send without hassles.

Next update would be if someone wishes to integrate a DAC and has all the software ready for us.
You will have my full support.

-- Gé --
(02-07-2017, 04:59 PM)gkkpch Wrote: This is considered the latest stable version
I recommend using that one as it also allows us to receive a log when you wish to send without hassles.

Next update would be if someone wishes to integrate a DAC and has all the software ready for us.

-- Gé --

I'll update the wiki

(01-20-2017, 08:13 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 02:31 PM)gkkpch Wrote: Just to let you know, after the festive season we picked up again and are now focussing on the wifi issue.
We already know it is not a pine64 wifi driver/ kernel module issue, I can run volumio on the second wifi interface using manual scripts.
There is a volumio internal clash somewhere on handling wlan0, seen occasionally on other devices too.
We hope to locate that soon.

Having said that: 
@tllim: is there any new info on DAC developments yet?
Ready to integrate that in volumio anytime  Cool

-Gé-

Sorry on the delay, please refer to attached PDF file.

The original hardware engineer keep delay this project. I will find another engineer to complete the board after Chinese New Year.

Hi,

What is missing exactly?
(02-07-2017, 04:59 PM)gkkpch Wrote: This is considered the latest stable version

-- Gé --

@tllim
Then mean you will sales the dac board ?
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Popping on SPDIF - External DAC mjgoode 3 9,148 05-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: TrisWood