postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro
Is there a chance of a 'regular pinebook' (no pro) image anytime soon? I think it would be nice to have a lightweight alternative for that less power device.
Thanks!
(04-06-2020, 04:48 PM)MartijnBraam Wrote: I'm working on the sleep support, I have a 5.6 kernel built locally that improves a few details. for sleep the current workaround is making it use s2idle instead of deep sleep.

You can do `echo s2idle | sudo tee /sys/power/mem_sleep` to set the default sleep mode to s2idle but it isn't persistent across reboots.

It working perfectly, thank you very much Smile
I just did an alias in my .zshrc to quickly apply this workaround.

To be honest, I'm using only postmarket since 2 days and I think I will keep it for my main OS.

Just I have a strange thing about emmc install (dd on emmc from emmc to usb adaptor).
In my case it's unusable, because on boot nothing responding, I'm on login page but keyboard/trackpad and usb are disabled.
postmarket didn't crash, if I wait some minutes, screen fade to black (screensaver), but I still can't do anything.
It's not a big problem, currently I only use sd card  but but I just want to say it Smile
Hmm that's weird, I haven't flashed it to eMMC yet to test. for the workaround I added the alpine sysfs thing to automatically set s2idle in my new image. will publish that one soon.

(04-07-2020, 12:50 AM)e-minguez Wrote: Is there a chance of a 'regular pinebook' (no pro) image anytime soon? I think it would be nice to have a lightweight alternative for that less power device.
Thanks!

In theory that one is pretty easy to support since we already have the A64-lts, pinetab and pinephone. The reason it's not in there yet is that I don't have a test device for it and nobody with the og pinebook made the port yet in pmos. It's probably a easy port to make so you could try it Smile
Thank you for making pmOS on the PBP possible :)

However, is there any ETA for this weird eMMC issue that @tuxfanou described (#22)? I would love to help debugging in case it's needed.
It's just that I am unsure whether I should flash it on my SD for now (and maybe putting /home on eMMC)
@bleistift @tuxfanou I haven't been able to reproduce the eMMC issue. Could you get a dump of `logread > log.txt` and upload that?
@MartijnBraam I'm sorry but I can't do it on eMMC because ther is no keyboard, no trackpad and no usb, only screen.
Maybe it's possible to do something with UART console but I don't know how to do.

I just want to add a bug to the list (on sd card) : I can't use only headphones without speakers (both are always active) even if I try to use alsamixer. I can remember Manjaro had the same problem with kernel 5.5 and it has been patched in 5.6 (but I'm not sure) so I presume it's a known issue.
Pinebook pro support is now merged in postmarketOS Smile

(04-14-2020, 04:04 PM)tuxfanou Wrote: I just want to add a bug to the list (on sd card) : I can't use only headphones without speakers (both are always active) even if I try to use alsamixer. I can remember Manjaro had the same problem with kernel 5.5 and it has been patched in 5.6 (but I'm not sure) so I presume it's a known issue.

The pmos build is running 5.6 though, I specifically made an alsa UCM file to make it properly support headphone switching.
(04-20-2020, 07:34 AM)MartijnBraam Wrote: Pinebook pro support is now merged in postmarketOS Smile

Thank you so much for you very hard work !

Can I stay on my current installation with an apk upgrade or is it mandatory to build now myself ? Will you create a new image ?

(04-20-2020, 07:34 AM)MartijnBraam Wrote: The pmos build is running 5.6 though, I specifically made an alsa UCM file to make it properly support headphone switching.
I'm still on 5.5.0-rc3. Will your patch be available without re-flashing sdcard or not ?
Thank you again. Now I don't want to leave pmOS thanks to you (and trying to use it on my old phones/tablets)
I would like to help but I don't know how I can.
You should be able to just upgrade your current system to the stuff that has been merged. It should pull linux-postmarketos-rockchip 5.6 from the postmarketOS repository: http://pkgs.postmarketos.org/package/mas...s-rockchip
It works like a charm !
Thank you very much for information about this package, I just needed to do `apk upgrade -a` instead of `apk upgrade`

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 437 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,108 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,910 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,978 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 86,562 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 989 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  PineBook Pro seems to go to deep sleep, but doesn't wake up pogo 11 4,918 08-31-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Would a Pinebook Pro be good for a Linux newbie? cassado10 6 1,321 08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
  Install deepin OS on pinebook pro wangyukunshan 4 1,422 08-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: myself600
  Kali Linux for Pinebook Pro - stuck on the login screen owaspfap 0 606 07-13-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: owaspfap