*** MyDigitalSSD SBXe 960 GB success story ***
For those of you interested. Today I was using pbp booted from NVME with eMMC also installed. And after 5 hours of continuos work I still have 29% of battery left. It was mainly web browsing, LibreOffice document editing, one movie on yt and reading this forum Smile

I noticed that the drive very happily enters deep sleep states and the power draw was sometimes as low as 3,58W.

root@pbp ~]# nvme get-feature /dev/nvme0 -f 2

get-feature:0x2 (Power Management), Current value:0x000004
(01-17-2020, 07:08 AM)as400 Wrote: For those of you interested. Today I was using pbp booted from NVME with eMMC also installed. And after 5 hours of continuos work I still have 29% of battery left. It was mainly web browsing, LibreOffice document editing, one movie on yt and reading this forum Smile

I noticed that the drive very happily enters deep sleep states and the power draw was sometimes as low as 3,58W.

root@pbp ~]# nvme get-feature /dev/nvme0 -f 2

get-feature:0x2 (Power Management), Current value:0x000004

This is really cool. I want a big storage on one of the PBPs, when I get my ideal working image stablized.

One question: This is 80mm, right? How was your experience getting this to fit inside the machine?

Thanks!
— Jeremiah Cornelius
"Be the first person not to do some­thing, that no one has thought of not doing before’’
— Brian Eno, "Oblique Strategies"
(01-17-2020, 11:20 AM)Jeremiah Cornelius Wrote: This is really cool. I want a big storage on one of the PBPs, when I get my ideal working image stablized.

One question: This is 80mm, right? How was your experience getting this to fit inside the machine?

Thanks!

Yes it is 80mm. I used @danielt hack. There are even pictures somewhere on the forum.

Additionally the drive is one-sided so it's really thin. You might try to install it without cutting the adapter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up *** Intel NVME 660p SSD Success Story *** MiiCode2 18 28,680 02-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Last Post: DeepBlu
  PCIe card success ? DrYak 0 1,898 11-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Last Post: DrYak