Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE
Hello everyone

UPDATE: everything necessary for a full release should now be packaged. After tidying up stuff and providing up to date tarballs, we should officially be out of beta!

Today marks the beta release of my Gentoo install script. This is NOT an image you flash to an SD but rather a script that modifies a Gentoo tarball for the Pinebook Pro. You'll have to do the usual setup yourself as is Gentoo tradition, but the Pinebook Pro specifics like Kernel and Firmware are (mostly) handled by the script.

Instructions are in the GitHub README, please report bugs and questions here. You can also find me on the PINE64 Discord.
The script takes about 20 60 minutes to run on the pbp, compiling the kernel is another ~90 minutes. This means you should have a working Gentoo install after less than three hours, plus some time spent reading the Handbook.

Link to GitHub: https://github.com/Jannik2099/gentoo-pinebookpro

Status of this release:

Most things should behave the same as in Manjaro since this uses the Manjaro Kernel. This means we have working wifi, bluetooth, GPU acceleration.
The mali blob drivers are not supported since the dts is incompatible, this uses panfrost.

Tested Desktop environments are KDE Plasma and sway. Both work without issue.
There's no reason to believe that other DEs might be broken, I simply don't have the time to compile all of them.
This script is compatible with both systemd and OpenRC tarballs.
This script is compatible with glibc and musl tarballs.

The Qt libraries are configured to use the gles2 backend, this is significantly faster and more stable in my experience. However Krita and Digikam are unavailable as a result. You can use them if you disable the gles2 backend.

A huge shoutout to the Manjaro team for their help and insights, this project would not have been possible without you!

With that being said, enjoy and please report all bugs, suggestions and nitpicks!
Just what the doctor ordered, but I can't take my prescription :-(, yet.

All but 1 of my x64 computers use Gentoo, (the other is a FreeNAS, a FreeBSD NAS distro). So I hope to use Gentoo with my Pinebook Pro.

However, I just started something at work that could suck up a lot of time for the next 2 weeks. I guess I will have to wait. (At least work pays enough for my home data center :-).
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
Hello! I'm a fresh owner of the Pinebook Pro and I would like to test Gentoo with full disk encryption on it.
It's the first time I install Gentoo without and ISO, so I need to be assured on the correct procedure.
Is the following correct?

- download a stage3 tarball
- can I use the hardened musl or should I stick with "standard" musl?
- partition sdcard
- mount sdcard
- unpack the stage3 on the sd
- use your script on the unpacked stage3
- proceed with chroot and installation
- reboot and login on "live" system
- partition pinebook for full disk encryption as described in https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Full_Disk_E...Simplified
- repeat mount/download/unpack/script/compile
- enjoy

I have a 15+ years experience with Slackware, so be technical if you must Wink

Thanks for the answer and your work!
Hmm. Interesting. I've been playing with Gentoo on PBP for months but it still has the same issues it had in the beginning. The biggest ones would be: freezing LibreOffice that uses 100% CPU, and flickering widgets (checkboxes, in particular). Also, not sure if it uses video acceleration, looks like it is not. I used Manjaro kernel too, even tried the same config. I was hoping the problem lied in kernel/mesa/drm, but newer version didn't help.
Sorry you two, seems like I hadn't set the email notification correctly.
(01-15-2020, 11:20 AM)delcaran Wrote: Hello! I'm a fresh owner of the Pinebook Pro and I would like to test Gentoo with full disk encryption on it.
It's the first time I install Gentoo without and ISO, so I need to be assured on the correct procedure.
Is the following correct?

- download a stage3 tarball
- can I use the hardened musl or should I stick with "standard" musl?
- partition sdcard
- mount sdcard
- unpack the stage3 on the sd
- use your script on the unpacked stage3
- proceed with chroot and installation
- reboot and login on "live" system
- partition pinebook for full disk encryption as described in https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Full_Disk_E...Simplified
- repeat mount/download/unpack/script/compile
- enjoy

I have a 15+ years experience with Slackware, so be technical if you must Wink

Thanks for the answer and your work!

First I should note that an encrypted boot partition is not possible, but encrypted root works just fine, that's what I'm using right now.
I have never used a hardened profile nor do I know the differences here, sorry.
You set up the encryption during partitioning. For the initramfs you should use dracut with `dracut -m "crypt drm i18n base"` (and your filesystem if you made it a module, and lvm if you use it) - all other initramfs tools have failed me thus far in getting the display to work. The Kernel commandline should include console=tty1 rd.luks.uuid=... and after that root=UUID=...
The script should only be run once directly after entering the chroot, not again on the live system. Don't forget to install the packages mentioned in the README

(01-15-2020, 05:34 PM)VoxUnius Wrote: Hmm. Interesting. I've been playing with Gentoo on PBP for months but it still has the same issues it had in the beginning. The biggest ones would be: freezing LibreOffice that uses 100% CPU, and flickering widgets (checkboxes, in particular). Also, not sure if it uses video acceleration, looks like it is not. I used Manjaro kernel too, even tried the same config. I was hoping the problem lied in kernel/mesa/drm, but newer version didn't help.

Perhaps you were using the GL qt backend, and not gles2? Manjaro uses the fbturbo xorg driver, without it GL is unusable. My script sets up gles2 which should be faster than manjaro. I just opened libreoffice and it feels very responsive.
I thought I enabled gles2 everywhere I could. What did you do?

Actually, LibreOffice occasionally does work well. However, it ends after logout.
you have to unmask gles2 by adding `-gles2` to your `profile/use.mask` , then add gles2 to your useflags. Any way to reproduce that libreoffice bug?
(01-18-2020, 01:24 PM)jannik2099 Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:20 AM)delcaran Wrote: Hello! I'm a fresh owner of the Pinebook Pro and I would like to test Gentoo with full disk encryption on it.
First I should note that an encrypted boot partition is not possible, but encrypted root works just fine, that's what I'm using right now.
I have never used a hardened profile nor do I know the differences here, sorry.
You set up the encryption during partitioning. For the initramfs you should use dracut with `dracut -m "crypt drm i18n base"` (and your filesystem if you made it a module, and lvm if you use it) - all other initramfs tools have failed me thus far in getting the display to work. The Kernel commandline should include console=tty1 rd.luks.uuid=... and after that root=UUID=...
The script should only be run once directly after entering the chroot, not again on the live system. Don't forget to install the packages mentioned in the README

Thank you for your kind reply, I tried following the steps but I run in some issues while running the prepare.sh script inside chroot.
It looks like as if there are some conflicts and layman is not being installed.
This is the full output of the script.

Code:
(chroot) Debian-Desktop /var/tmp/gentoo-pinebookpro # ./prepare.sh 
detected init=openrc
applied fix for sddm login
patching file /etc/portage/make.conf
applied optimal settings to make.conf
installed gles2 profile patches
NOTE: this will disable OpenGL acceleration in place of gles2!
enabled zram swap drive
syncing main repository, this will take a while
Fetching most recent snapshot ...
Trying to retrieve 20200118 snapshot from http://distfiles.gentoo.org ...
Fetching file portage-20200118.tar.xz.md5sum ...
Fetching file portage-20200118.tar.xz.gpgsig ...
Fetching file portage-20200118.tar.xz ...
Checking digest ...
Getting snapshot timestamp ...
Syncing local tree ...

Number of files: 157,673 (reg: 131,072, dir: 26,601)
Number of created files: 157,672 (reg: 131,072, dir: 26,600)
Number of deleted files: 0
Number of regular files transferred: 131,072
Total file size: 207.96M bytes
Total transferred file size: 207.96M bytes
Literal data: 207.96M bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 4.17M
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 111.66M
Total bytes received: 2.61M

sent 111.66M bytes  received 2.61M bytes  530.22K bytes/sec
total size is 207.96M  speedup is 1.82
Cleaning up ...

Performing Global Updates
(Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)

* IMPORTANT: 5 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

installing pinebookpro-overlay, this will take an even longer while

Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Recording sys-apps/portage in "world" favorites file...
>>> Jobs: 0 of 0 complete                           Load avg: 2.10, 2.36, 1.53
>>> Auto-cleaning packages...

>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.

[ebuild  r  U  ] dev-lang/perl-5.30.1 [5.28.2-r1]
[ebuild  r  U  ] perl-core/File-Temp-0.230.900 [0.230.400-r1]
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-File-Temp-0.230.900 [0.230.400-r5]
[ebuild  r  UD~] dev-libs/openssl-1.1.0l [1.1.1d-r2] USE="-bindist*" 
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.340.0-r1 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-File-Spec-3.780.0 [3.740.0]
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-CPAN-Meta-YAML-0.18.0-r4 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-IO-1.400.0 [1.390.0]
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-Test-Harness-3.420.0-r1 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-version-0.992.400 [0.992.300]
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-Parse-CPAN-Meta-2.150.10-r2 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-Data-Dumper-2.174.0 [2.170.0]
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-Carp-1.500.0-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-ExtUtils-Install-2.140.0-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/Text-CharWidth-0.40.0-r1 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-podlators-4.110.0 [4.100.0]
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/XML-Parser-2.440.0 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-Module-Metadata-1.0.36 [1.0.33-r1]
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder-0.280.231 [0.280.230]
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-Perl-OSType-1.10.0-r2 
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-Text-ParseWords-3.300.0-r5 
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-Getopt-Long-2.500.0-r1 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-ExtUtils-Manifest-1.720.0 [1.700.0-r5]
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-JSON-PP-4.20.0 [2.970.10]
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-Exporter-5.730.0-r1 
[ebuild  r  U  ] virtual/perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS-3.400.0 [3.390.0]
[ebuild  N     ] dev-perl/TimeDate-2.300.0 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/perl-Scalar-List-Utils-1.500.0-r1 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/perl-libnet-3.110.0-r1 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/perl-Digest-SHA-6.20.0 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/perl-Digest-MD5-2.550.0-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] net-misc/iputils-20180629 
[ebuild  rR    ] net-misc/wget-1.20.3-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/Locale-gettext-1.70.0 
[ebuild  rR    ] virtual/perl-CPAN-Meta-2.150.10-r2 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/Class-Inspector-1.320.0 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/Text-Unidecode-1.300.0 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/File-ShareDir-Install-0.110.0 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/TermReadKey-2.370.0 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/Unicode-EastAsianWidth-1.330.0-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/Text-WrapI18N-0.60.0-r1 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-perl/MailTools-2.190.0  USE="-examples -test" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-perl/Digest-HMAC-1.30.0-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/Module-Build-0.422.400 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/File-ShareDir-1.104.0 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-perl/Authen-SASL-2.160.0-r1  USE="-kerberos" 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/libintl-perl-1.310.0 
[ebuild  rR    ] dev-perl/SGMLSpm-1.1-r1 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-perl/Error-0.170.250  USE="-test" 
[ebuild  r  U  ] dev-lang/python-2.7.17 [2.7.15]
[ebuild  r  U  ] dev-lang/python-3.6.9 [3.6.5] USE="-bluetooth%" 
[ebuild  rR    ] app-text/po4a-0.47-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] sys-apps/texinfo-6.6-r1 
[ebuild  rR    ] net-misc/curl-7.66.0 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-vcs/git-2.24.1  USE="blksha1 curl gpg iconv nls pcre pcre-jit perl threads webdav -cgi -cvs (-doc) -emacs -gnome-keyring -highlight -libressl (-mediawiki) (-mediawiki-experimental) -perforce (-ppcsha1) -subversion -test (-tk) -xinetd" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6 -python2_7 (-python3_7)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  rR    ] app-portage/portage-utils-0.80 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/six-1.12.0  USE="-doc -test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/idna-2.8  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/pyGPG-0.2  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/pyasn1-0.4.2  USE="-doc" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/asn1crypto-0.24.0  USE="-test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/ply-3.11  USE="-examples" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/chardet-3.0.4  USE="-test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/PySocks-1.6.8  USE="-test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/ipaddress-1.0.22  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/enum34-1.1.6-r1  USE="-doc" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/python-ipaddress-1.0-r1  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/pycparser-2.19-r1  USE="-test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/python-enum34-2  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/cffi-1.13.2  USE="-doc -test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/cryptography-2.6.1-r1  USE="-idna -libressl -test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/pyopenssl-19.0.0  USE="-doc -examples (-test)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/ndg-httpsclient-0.4.0  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/urllib3-1.24.2  USE="-doc (-test)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/requests-2.21.0-r1  USE="ssl -socks5" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) (-python3_7)" 
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/ssl-fetch-0.4  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-python3_7) (-python3_8)" 
[ebuild  N     ] app-portage/layman-2.4.2-r1  USE="git gpg sync-plugin-portage -bazaar (-cvs) (-darcs) (-g-sorcery) -mercurial -sqlite -squashfs (-subversion) (-test)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6" 

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/openssl:0

(dev-libs/openssl-1.1.0l:0/1.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/openssl:0[-bindist(-)] required by (dev-python/cryptography-2.6.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(dev-libs/openssl-1.1.1d-r2:0/1.1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=dev-libs/openssl-1.1.0g:0[bindist=] required by (net-misc/openssh-8.0_p1-r4:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                     

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

The following packages are causing rebuilds:

(dev-lang/perl-5.30.1:0/5.30::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) causes rebuilds for:
    (dev-perl/Class-Inspector-1.320.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Carp-1.500.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder-0.280.231:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/Text-CharWidth-0.40.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Text-ParseWords-3.300.0-r5:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (app-text/po4a-0.47-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (perl-core/File-Temp-0.230.900:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/TermReadKey-2.370.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Getopt-Long-2.500.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-File-Temp-0.230.900:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/libintl-perl-1.310.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Exporter-5.730.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/Unicode-EastAsianWidth-1.330.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS-3.400.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Perl-OSType-1.10.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-File-Spec-3.780.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/Text-Unidecode-1.300.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/Locale-gettext-1.70.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/File-ShareDir-Install-0.110.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-podlators-4.110.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Data-Dumper-2.174.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Parse-CPAN-Meta-2.150.10-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/Module-Build-0.422.400:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/SGMLSpm-1.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Module-Metadata-1.0.36:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-CPAN-Meta-2.150.10-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-CPAN-Meta-YAML-0.18.0-r4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-ExtUtils-Install-2.140.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-JSON-PP-4.20.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-version-0.992.400:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/Text-WrapI18N-0.60.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-ExtUtils-Manifest-1.720.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-Test-Harness-3.420.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/XML-Parser-2.440.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-IO-1.400.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (sys-apps/texinfo-6.6-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (virtual/perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-7.340.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (dev-perl/File-ShareDir-1.104.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.accept_keywords" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by @__auto_slot_operator_replace_installed__ (argument)
=dev-libs/openssl-1.1.0l ~arm64

Autounmask changes successfully written.

* IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.accept_keywords' needs updating.
 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
 * sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.

* In order to avoid wasting time, backtracking has terminated early
 * due to the above autounmask change(s). The --autounmask-backtrack=y
 * option can be used to force further backtracking, but there is no
 * guarantee that it will produce a solution.
./prepare.sh: line 108: layman: command not found

* IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.accept_keywords' needs updating.
 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
 * sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "pinebookpro-profile-overrides".

emerge: searching for similar names... nothing similar found.
installed pinebookpro-overlay
NOTE: to auto-update this overlay, you might have to edit /etc/portage/repos.conf/layman.conf
./prepare.sh: line 116: layman: command not found
installed musl overlay
don't forget to select a profile!
see eselect profile
(chroot) Debian-Desktop /var/tmp/gentoo-pinebookpro # 

I don't understood Gentoo well enough to debug this myself, so I need your help to understand what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks
only skimmed trough the log ...

Code:

this should go into package.keywords
but they are more problems ...
currently python:2.7 (which portage/emerge uses) is deprecated

python:3.6 *can* be used, which needs some work here.

Maybe there is (maybe) more, but my stage3 is currently compiling in chroot
(01-20-2020, 04:23 PM)ElektromAn Wrote:
Code:
this should go into package.keywords
Where is this file located?

(01-20-2020, 04:23 PM)ElektromAn Wrote: currently python:2.7 (which portage/emerge uses) is deprecated
That only means that the python2 branch will no longer receive bugfixes (improvements where stopped more than a year ago IIRC). If emerge/portage uses python2 scripts, this is not an issue.

(01-20-2020, 04:23 PM)ElektromAn Wrote: Maybe there is (maybe) more, but my stage3 is currently compiling in chroot
Can I ask you what steps did you take? It's pretty frustrating to have the same hardware and software as everyone else but having different results...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 444 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,113 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,914 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 992 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  PineBook Pro seems to go to deep sleep, but doesn't wake up pogo 11 4,924 08-31-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Would a Pinebook Pro be good for a Linux newbie? cassado10 6 1,324 08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
  Install deepin OS on pinebook pro wangyukunshan 4 1,422 08-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: myself600
  Kali Linux for Pinebook Pro - stuck on the login screen owaspfap 0 607 07-13-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: owaspfap
  OpenCL on pinebook Pro Bram 2 907 06-30-2023, 08:50 PM
Last Post: scurrvy2020