Pine phone Parts from the Pine Store
Exclamation 
     Please:

When will the replacement power ports be available ?
       ( I would purchase one today,  just in case I may someday need it)

* I remember it was said that the  "avarage user with a phillips screwdriver can replace this port
    in just a few minutes"   but   ?    (first you need to purchase it)

They are developing a keyboard for the Pine phone, so hopefully that will be available soon ?

An assortment of different exterior cases would sure be nice. !

I am sure there could be a wide range of Pine Phone products others would like to purchase.

Maybe even some kind of external antenna, for rural use ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I hope only with screwdriver too but I remember also the soldering part of the discusison ;"D
Hmmm ?

Was that the Brave Heart, or the Development phone ?

The Quote was from TLlim, I believe in the 'Big ones' Thread.

(Not sure but was the soldering also for connecting the camera) ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I've looked and you're right, he doesn't talk about a soldering, I don't know why I remember this (maybe some discussion made elsewhere overlapped in my mind):
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...7#pid51137
It 'may' use a ribbon cable to connect the power input plug (on the brave Heart) ?
Seems I remember on a youtube video, the camera connection was soldered on a development phone 'demo' ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I "Think" the external power/charger port is located at the bottom of the phone, so yes that would be the "daughter board" below the battery.
So to replace that 'jack' you replace that small daughter board. That is indeed connected via a 'ribbon cable'.
* If I remember that video correctly, the soldering occurred at the 'top' of the phone (?) meaning that was likely the camera(s)..?

(That is how I envision it, I could be mistaken) ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
 PLEASE Pine 64 STORE !

I really want to purchase a spare power port now.
Before I need it,  If I wait until I need it I may have to wait up to a month for it to arrive !
It does not matter how easy it is to replace.....   If you do not have the part in your hand.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I'll have a look at mine on the weekend to see how it's put together, as it's a braveheart model.

I suspect it won't be until after release before spares are made available, as that would mean less phones.

In my case, I'll just be putting a magnetic charge/sync connector on it, and when that packs up, I'll replace it, and the USB-C port has only had one insertion at that point Wink Handily, I have Lighting, MicroUSB AND Type-C tips for these cables, so one cable suits multiple charge ports Wink
(01-31-2020, 02:01 AM)pfeerick Wrote: I'll have a look at mine on the weekend to see how it's put together, as it's a braveheart model.

I suspect it won't be until after release before spares are made available, as that would mean less phones.

In my case, I'll just be putting a magnetic charge/sync connector on it, and when that packs up, I'll replace it, and the USB-C port has only had one insertion at that point Wink Handily, I have Lighting, MicroUSB AND Type-C tips for these cables, so one cable suits multiple charge ports Wink

Can you give us an example of what you're talking about?  I'm interested.
(01-31-2020, 09:54 AM)Leandros_Adigard Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 02:01 AM)pfeerick Wrote: I'll have a look at mine on the weekend to see how it's put together, as it's a braveheart model.

Can you give us an example of what you're talking about?  I'm interested.

I got some from aliexpress a while back, use them on all my devices. They're really handy in a car and don't mess up the USB-C ports which is a weak link in many phones(looking at you sony)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993170141.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 931 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,740 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 790 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,612 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 989 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,408 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 680 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  New Phone Opening Issues LuluFrance 5 2,024 03-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  pine phone external speaker AnAbolitionist 9 3,203 02-08-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: robb777