Pine64 makes snappy file server
Your copy matches mine exactly, except for the location of swt.jar (I'm hosting it in a different directory), so clearly it's something else. I'll keep playing with it and see what I can figure out.

Thanks again for your help...
Tim
Good news: I finally got the UI to run.

The underlying problem is that the arm64 HotSpot JRE that's available for download from Oracle's main download page (currently http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/j...33151.html) is apparently a headless JVM that doesn't implement the AWT classes needed by AltDrive. When AltDrive calls SplashScreen.getSplashScreen(), that call fails because the value of the java.awt.headless system property is "true", so getSplashScreen() throws a java.awt.HeadlessException. Even if I override the property by setting -Djava.awt.headless=false on the command line, I just get a java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError complaining that splashscreen is not available. Switching over to using the OpenJDK JRE (which does support AWT for arm64) solved all the problems and the UI came up immediately.

So for anyone running AltDrive on any arm64 system, make sure you're running a JRE that's headful.

BTW, if anyone needs to tell whether your JRE is headless, one option is to modify altdrive_home_client to remove "com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher launch" from the java invocation at the bottom; this eliminates Install4J from the mix, which allows the System.out.println() calls in the AltDrive code to actually write to your console, so when you run that script you'll actually see the HeadlessException if you get it (telling you you've got a headless JRE). The fact that the console output was being eaten by Install4J made this a much more frustrating experience for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hopes for Pine64 dashed S265 0 2,711 01-02-2019, 02:21 AM
Last Post: S265
  How to Statically Assign IP address to Pine64? spruce1 6 11,171 06-29-2016, 04:04 AM
Last Post: cdslashetc