Success story - Debian + ZWave
Last week I received my Pine64 with 2GB RAM. My journey has been very smooth with this product. I installed Debian following the instructions on the site. Installation was surprisingly easy with zero problems. I then ported my application that I built for Raspberry Pi and again I had no trouble finding all dependencies and compiling my application (C++). Another nice experience. 
I then connected my Z-Wave USB Z-Stick, tested my iOS app, my sensors, etc. and again everything worked fine in the first shot.

A couple of hours after I opened the package, I have everything running on the new Pine64. My home-grown home automation solution is now powered by Pine64.  Smile

Good job and thanks so much to everyone involved in the hardware and software development of this product. The acrylic case looks as good as the one on the site. Yay!
(05-01-2016, 03:26 AM)eljatul Wrote: Last week I received my Pine64 with 2GB RAM. My journey has been very smooth with this product. I installed Debian following the instructions on the site. Installation was surprisingly easy with zero problems. I then ported my application that I built for Raspberry Pi and again I had no trouble finding all dependencies and compiling my application (C++). Another nice experience. 
I then connected my Z-Wave USB Z-Stick, tested my iOS app, my sensors, etc. and again everything worked fine in the first shot.

A couple of hours after I opened the package, I have everything running on the new Pine64. My home-grown home automation solution is now powered by Pine64.  Smile

Good job and thanks so much to everyone involved in the hardware and software development of this product. The acrylic case looks as good as the one on the site. Yay!

Hey Mate, 

I want to know what is the zwave and what practical applications can I perform with it?
ZWave is an RF Mesh protocol used by switches/wall-plugs manufacturers such as Leviton or GE.
With a USB Z-Stick, you can control your switches or plugs remotely from the PineA64 using OpenZWave library and Domoticz application.
(05-01-2016, 03:26 AM)eljatul Wrote: Last week I received my Pine64 with 2GB RAM. My journey has been very smooth with this product. I installed Debian following the instructions on the site. Installation was surprisingly easy with zero problems. I then ported my application that I built for Raspberry Pi and again I had no trouble finding all dependencies and compiling my application (C++). Another nice experience. 

Are you sharing this application?  PLEASE!!
Congrats, I am still waiting on my enclosure and Z-Wave Module, but would love to be ready to set it up.
Martin
(07-18-2016, 08:51 AM)mdsutton Wrote:

Are you sharing this application?  PLEASE!!
Congrats, I am still waiting on my enclosure and Z-Wave Module, but would love to be ready to set it up.
Martin

My home grown app is not ready to be shared yet. Meanwhile, you can use https://domoticz.com/ (c++ based) or http://www.openhab.org/ (Java based). Both are very popular and good options.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone has any success in creating a media center with this yet? xrez 20 24,678 07-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Last Post: vinodmenon80
  Slow boot on Remix os and Debian djkatpt 5 7,700 06-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: JulianM