libbcm_host.so / steam link
Good morning everybody,

I tried to get steam link running on my rockpro6. So far I was able to bypass the cpu check put get stuck at the pint where steam link tries to install libpeg62 and some raspberry libs ( since the .deb package is ment for rapsberry pi).
Install libpeg wasn't an issue but the program still wont wrong and stops with :

shell: error while loading shared libraries: libbcm_host.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libcm_host is a rasp file (https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...opt/vc/lib) which most likely can't be used on rockprp64 --- or am I mistaken ?

Is there any other chance to get the program up and running by linking a rock64 lib (.. stupid question ... I know) ?

Cheers
Andi
I've been trying this out on the PBP.
what I've done so far:
Commented out all the dependency and hardware checks in steamlink.sh
Copied  libbcm_host.so, libvcos.so and libvchiq_arm.so, libvcm.so, libopenmaxil.so, libmmal*.so, from the rpi rasbian image to /usr/lib and set permissions. obviously they won't work since they're for broadcom videocore but they allow things to load.
Installed qt5-default, libsdl2-image-2.0.0 and libsdl2-ttf-2.0.0,
This allows the client shell to start. I can detect and use my steam controller, it then goes on to detect my steam host (running on fedora 31), checks the link speed and puts the host into big picture mode. Unfortunately it then then stops. This may be a limitation of the linux host  - I don't do windows so can't check.

Checking the host logs I'm thinking I won't get much further - I'm not just using linux - it's also wayland, which really complicates screen sharing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OpenMediaVault: link from wiki or Armbian? Goffi 0 1,133 02-10-2022, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Goffi