Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY)
As an aside, but still related to these efforts, @PakoSt pointed out to me the other day that Fyde has released a version of their Chromium fork, with Android and Linux containers (it appears they're also making efforts to port Anbox to Chromium.) Anyone checked it or its repos out yet?

https://twitter.com/LukaszErecinsk1/stat...05026?s=20

I put it on SD, booted it up, and it was snappy. However, the cool stuff isnt availabe to the guest account, and i dont have/need a fyde account. I tried following the established method to disable the fyde account and enable google login, but it doesn't seem to work with this image or version (v11). Last reported success I saw was for v10.

EDIT: some follow up to this, I used a dummy email and SIP phone # (has to be able to receive verification sms) and made a Fyde account. They do allow you to use a google acct instead of a fyde account, but only after having the fyde account for the first screen. Personally, I find this to be very backwards thinking, and hopefully it's something we'll see changed since this was a development image and apparently wasn't meant to be distributed yet. As for the fun stuff: not only does Crostini work without issue, they aren't using their Cros Anbox implementation for this image, it's full-blown ARC++ with Android Pie. It works crazy well. There is a Chrome app in the Fyde store to install OpenGapps, but it currently fails. From what I could tell it's not yet setup for ARM platforms, and will need updated. Aurora store works really well as an alternative, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY) - by tophneal - 11-06-2020, 09:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black screen on both FydeOS as Chromium from github QuinTeknoLife 0 3,485 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: QuinTeknoLife
  Chromium OS 78? obyknovenius 2 6,011 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: brent.thierens
Question Does the Pinebook Pro support chromium developer mode? TDC_PBP 3 6,648 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  Possible to use different uboot with Chromium? tophneal 1 3,826 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Last Post: tophneal