DevilutionX on Pinebook Pro
Hi everyone,

I just received my PBP yesterday and I wanted to install a few games on it, I had an issue when I tried to run DevilutionX, I started by downloading the latest release from github (https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/releases), I then extracted the archive, copied my "diabdat.mpq" file and attempted to run it but it fails with the following error :

Code:
./devilutionx: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by ./devilutionx)
./devilutionx: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by ./devilutionx)

I then read the README.txt file and it seems the game requires some manual libraries installation :

Quote:# How To Install:
 - Extract the files in the zip.
 - Install libsdl2 libsdl2-mixer libsdl2-ttf
 - Copy diabdat.mpq from your CD, or GoG install folder, to the DevilutionX install folder; Make sure it is all lowercase.
 - Run ./devilutionx

So I typed the following command :

Code:
root@Debian-Desktop:/home/rock/Downloads/devilutionx-linux-armhf# apt-get install libsdl2 libsdl2-mixer libsdl2-ttf

And I got the following error :

Code:
Reading package lists... Doneat
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libsdl2
E: Unable to locate package libsdl2-mixer
E: Unable to locate package libsdl2-ttf

I also tried to find the packets in synaptic and they do not appear...
The "README.txt" file specifies that this is built for raspbian so maybe the repos are not exactly the same?

Anyhow I wanted to know if anyone here attempted to run DevilutionX on their Pinebook Pro successfully and if they could provide me with some instructions or if anyone who's knowledgeable with this kind of things could help Angel

Thanks for reading through my post and for any help you could bring up in this thread, I'm considering opening a general thread for gaming tips because none of this seem easy except if your gaming use is restricted to Retroarch and Doom  Undecided
I found this elsewhere on the forum. Maybe it could be of help? I haven’t had a chance to try this myself yet.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8404

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(12-31-2019, 08:35 AM)Idaho Wrote: Hi everyone,

I just received my PBP yesterday and I wanted to install a few games on it, I had an issue when I tried to run DevilutionX, I started by downloading the latest release from github (https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/releases), I then extracted the archive, copied my "diabdat.mpq" file and attempted to run it but it fails with the following error :

Code:
./devilutionx: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by ./devilutionx)
./devilutionx: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by ./devilutionx)

I then read the README.txt file and it seems the game requires some manual libraries installation :

Quote:# How To Install:
 - Extract the files in the zip.
 - Install libsdl2 libsdl2-mixer libsdl2-ttf
 - Copy diabdat.mpq from your CD, or GoG install folder, to the DevilutionX install folder; Make sure it is all lowercase.
 - Run ./devilutionx

So I typed the following command :

Code:
root@Debian-Desktop:/home/rock/Downloads/devilutionx-linux-armhf# apt-get install libsdl2 libsdl2-mixer libsdl2-ttf

And I got the following error :

Code:
Reading package lists... Doneat
Building dependency tree      
E: Unable to locate package libsdl2
E: Unable to locate package libsdl2-mixer
E: Unable to locate package libsdl2-ttf

I also tried to find the packets in synaptic and they do not appear...
The "README.txt" file specifies that this is built for raspbian so maybe the repos are not exactly the same?

Anyhow I wanted to know if anyone here attempted to run DevilutionX on their Pinebook Pro successfully and if they could provide me with some instructions or if anyone who's knowledgeable with this kind of things could help Angel

Thanks for reading through my post and for any help you could bring up in this thread, I'm considering opening a general thread for gaming tips because none of this seem easy except if your gaming use is restricted to Retroarch and Doom  Undecided
Hi Idaho

I can add some of my howtos for the Pinebook-pro and games (compiled and ran Doom3 *although its really slow, open-dune (dune2 clone) OpenRA (Red Alert), Ultima 8 Pagan (pentagram) ..etc ... currently Im building the above DevilutionX from sources  

P.S Im doing all of this off the microsd card with latest Manajaro Linux
(01-01-2020, 03:45 PM)astr0baby Wrote: Hi Idaho

I can add some of my howtos for the Pinebook-pro and games (compiled and ran Doom3 *although its really slow, open-dune (dune2 clone) OpenRA (Red Alert), Ultima 8 Pagan (pentagram) ..etc ... currently Im building the above DevilutionX from sources  

P.S Im doing all of this off the microsd card with latest Manajaro Linux

Thank you for your reply, your howtos would be very appreciated, take your time tho, I don't want to put you in a hurry...
For myself I'm still running Debian on the PBP because the sound problems and the absence of suspend are critical for me, I'll move to it whenever those issues get solved...
(01-02-2020, 05:31 AM)Idaho Wrote: I will re-build the game on the stock Debian and if successful I will post the howto on my main thread.
The following should install the needed dependenceis:
sudo apt-get install libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0 libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0
(01-03-2020, 05:44 PM)AJenbo Wrote: The following should install the needed dependenceis:

They are indeed installed :
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0 is already the newest version (2.0.1+dfsg1-1).
libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0 is already the newest version (2.0.14+dfsg1-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

So yeah doesn't seem to be the problem  Confused
Arh, I can see from the error message that the problem is that the libc version on your system is to old compared to the system that we use to build the release on.

You will need to either upgrade your distribution, or compile devilutionX yourself so that it's build for the version of libc on your system. But you will probably need to upgrade cmake in order to do so (we require cmake 3.10), this can probably be done via Debian backports if it works like the raspberry pi.
(01-11-2020, 09:33 AM)AJenbo Wrote: Arh, I can see from the error message that the problem is that the libc version on your system is to old compared to the system that we use to build the release on.

You will need to either upgrade your distribution, or compile devilutionX yourself so that it's build for the version of libc on your system. But you will probably need to upgrade cmake in order to do so (we require cmake 3.10), this can probably be done via Debian backports if it works like the raspberry pi.

I'll make do without Diablo for the moment until Manjaro gets the audio bug fixed, I really can't use my PBP with speakers always working, at least I know why it's not working now  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,905 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 300 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 227 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,221 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,123 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt