Late December Casual Community Update
Eh, I hope it's not DHL for my pinephone order, those __sensored__ claim my address isn't valid or exists when every other service delivers just fine to me. *shrug*

When ya say there is a delay on shipping the pinephones, a delay from what date tho ? A few days later from an unknown date means little, and I've never caught on anything past "Dec/Jan" for a date.
(01-02-2020, 12:07 PM)madpinger Wrote: When ya say there is a delay on shipping the pinephones,  a delay from what date tho ? 

Looks like December is out Big Grin
(01-02-2020, 12:07 PM)madpinger Wrote: I've never caught on anything past "Dec/Jan" for a date.

Informed source on IRC indicates shipments (currently) expected to be posted week commencing 13 Jan.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(01-02-2020, 12:07 PM)madpinger Wrote: Eh, I hope it's not DHL for my pinephone order,  those __sensored__ claim my address isn't valid or exists when every other service delivers just fine to me.  *shrug*

When ya say there is a delay on shipping the pinephones,  a delay from what date tho ?  A few days later from an unknown date means little, and I've never caught on anything past "Dec/Jan" for a date.

I was thoroughly impressed with DHL myself, 

(They delivered my PBP from Hong Kong to Arizona, USA in less than 48 hours.)

When they shipped my ISO Pinebook Pro back in November.

As far as the Pine phone goes Luke does mention "experimenting" with a company that I have not heard of.

Luke also mentions the Pine phones will be shipping after the PBP's.

My understanding is that my ANSI PBP will be shipping on approximately the 9th of this month.

So,  the shipping of the Pine phone Brave Heart Edition is indeed getting nearer.

(Needless to say I will be disappointed that a few people complained,  so now Pine phone will likely take 2 -3 weeks to deliver)

BC
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Thanks for the update. 

Isn't the 9th as close to Mid- January as you can get?
31 divided by 2 equals 15.5
So I think approximately the 15th or 16th would be implied.. ?

> BUT, yeah I DO think the PBP will start shipping on or about the 9th

AND as Luke stated recently,
> The Brave Heart will be shipping "after" the ANSI PBP

> ( Monday, January 06, 2020 )

Apparently there was a good ( Overwhelming )  response to the latest 'Pre-order' rounds

> So it appears they extended the order sessions for the Pinebook Pro ANSI and ISO,  and the Brave Heart  (?)

>   ( I am just guessing here )

But I believe those that ordered after an unknown date will not be in the first round of shipments...  ?

I Also believe they are still going to attempt to get those late orders out before the Chinese New Year.

Hopefully Luke or TL will make it a bit more clear when these Late Orders will ship  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Maybe its a Midwestern United States part of speech but we would include mid month.

31/3 = 10 1/3
ANSI PBPs are 2 days delayed, and should start shipping tomorrow / today (depends on your timezone). Brave Heart was scheduled for January 13th, now it may be January 15th.
I understand everyone is excited and want their stuff NOW, and we're doing our best to stay on track...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

@Luke We need a twitter-like feed of your shipping updates. Would probably answer most new questions very quickly haha
(01-07-2020, 01:57 PM)tophneal Wrote: @Luke We need a twitter-like feed of your shipping updates. Would probably answer most new questions very quickly haha

This is actually something I've been thinking about too to be honest. As much as I understand and appreciate the importance of updating people regularly, doing so on a per-person (almost) basis starts becoming pretty exhausting.

So, then, the question is: where is the right place for such a feed? main page? special 'update webpage'? the forums? twitter/mastodon? - suggestions and alternative options very welcome (as always).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-07-2020, 03:02 PM)Luke Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 01:57 PM)tophneal Wrote: @Luke We need a twitter-like feed of your shipping updates. Would probably answer most new questions very quickly haha

This is actually something I've been thinking about too to be honest. As much as I understand and appreciate the importance of updating people regularly, doing so on a per-person (almost) basis starts becoming pretty exhausting.

So, then, the question is: where is the right place for such a feed? main page? special 'update webpage'? the forums? twitter/mastodon?  - suggestions and alternative options very welcome (as always).

Heck, go with what's easiest to start. Twitter would likely work well, since Pine already utilizes it, and visitors don't have to have an account to see (most?) posts. (I have no idea how many tweets a guest to a twitter page can view before being blocked by a login/signup. I know I've seen it with trying to view a page's media posts. If they have some kind of pinning/sticky option, that should negate any concern over that.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,219 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,043 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,407 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,792 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,586 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 167,495 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,130 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 177,134 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,940 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 147,916 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad