verify battery type
Hi,
I have bought the Samsung J7 duo a year ago, because it has a removable battery. Now I'm totally excited that there will be a Linux phone using exactly that type of batteries, I have anyway. Just to make sure/verify: those are the same batteries?
The precise/actual spec is a download in the wiki.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Those measurements DO help, because there do appear to be some different sizes, while still being a "J-7" Battery. (?)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
The wiki needs updating with the Samsung part number(s) from this post as it turns out there are different batteries for different models of J7 phone. Having said that, @hns is reporting the EB-BJ700CBE isn't 100% mechanically compatible as the back doesn't fit properly when using that battery.
There also appears to be some circuitry within the battery,  that may or may not affect how it or if it works.  
 So there is more to consider than just the physical size that fits....  ?
  I had found a 4250 mah that would 'fit'  but the seller warned me that the internal circuitry may not be compatible.
1)  We could safely use an identical battery
2)  IF we want a higher compacity battery, we need to know a little bit more about the specifications of the battery  !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
The datasheet for the supplied battery is in the wiki, including the schematic and board layout for the battery protection board as well as charging characteristics. It should have everything a seller would need to tell you if they have a compatible battery. I've added a wiki section for further battery details as they become known. The model numbers for the nominally compatible Samsung battery has come from pine64 staff, so should be safe. However there is a report of one of these preventing the back fitting properly, so we'll have to see.
hmm....
Wonder, since the Brave Heart has not yet shipped, .. maybe that is a development phone ? if so, is there a difference in the battery compartment size, or shape...
or maybe the ribbon cable under the battery was not laying perfectly flat..?
BUT it had slipped my mind that this 'Phone' was probably not an actual Brave Heart... SO it is possibly not identical.. ?

***I had started looking for an extra or higher compacity battery as well, but I had decided to wait until the phone arrived before buying one.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Photo 
I would like to add a photo of my current batteries, but either I'm too dumb to find the correct button *), of this is the first product related forum, that has removed that function.
I have the EB-BJ700CBN, which is not mentioned in the Wiki

*) no, my picture doesn't have an URL
(12-26-2019, 08:00 AM)rienesl Wrote: I would like to add a photo of my current batteries, but either I'm too dumb to find the correct button *), of this is the first product related forum, that has removed that function.
I have the EB-BJ700CBN, which is not mentioned in the Wiki

*) no, my picture doesn't have an URL

Currently, the Pine forums have a bit of an issue with attachments, the Pine team is aware of it. If you just want to post an image or two, I recommend posting them to imgur, and adding them to your post using the Copy Linked BBCode option. (I suggest the Linked over plain BBCode, because for some people the normal BBCode still doesn't show on the forum.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 365 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
  Battery life improvement freelectro 10 2,944 06-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Thumbs Down Battery Issue or Power Management IC? bcoyle 2 1,411 03-20-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: bcoyle
  Power supply vs battery albafrati 11 4,325 06-22-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: albafrati
  What PD charger/dock combo results in PP battery not draining while using convergence james8880 0 1,390 04-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: james8880
  Battery mot charging past 54% StickyPine 32 25,294 02-26-2022, 02:07 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Battery replacement alternative sax1960 7 6,112 08-29-2021, 07:03 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Battery Capacity and Software Interaction food 2 2,344 08-15-2021, 07:19 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Battery phone case expected? Cpm 1 2,020 08-10-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: 33YN2
  Pine Phone Battery Issue vslash 21 18,270 08-09-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: mouffa